I hope we get to see some riots on tv ...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    My buddy was in LOVE with Lucas Oil Stadium until ........ both of his daughters got married . He found what the entertainment tax was all about . Daughter #1 reception $26,000, Daughter #2 reception $31,000.
    He sent the Colts over $500.00 in taxes and those cheap a**@ idn't even send a present.

We had two wedding receptions this year too!
    I think we we only charged for the service. :D

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    When? In a year without an NFL? Or perhaps we will get it a few years later when it is the IFL? We got screwed.

:hijack:

I don't keep up with the NFL and typically just read the headlines to see by how much my BEARS lost by afetr each game. (They always disappoint me but I won't root for another team.) But can you provide more info on the lockout and what the heck is IFL???? :dunno:

eatsnopaste

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    South Bend
    My guess is that if we do, states such as Texas will likely request to secede from the Union and become their own country (again).

I don't see them jumping up and down to help bail out California.

Don't want to threadjack, but the myth of Texas being allowed to succeed is just that..a myth. What they are allowed to do is to divide themselves into 4 separate states with the then allotted reps and senators. If they voted together this would give them a large voice in the Senate, and maybe a larger one in the house.

Last edited:

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Don't want to threadjack, but the myth of Texas being allowed to succeed is just that..a myth. What they [strike]are[/strike] were allowed to do [strike]is[/strike] before being readmitted to the Union after the Civil War was to divide themselves into 4 separate states with the then allotted reps and senators. If they voted together this would give them a large voice in the Senate, and maybe a larger one in the house.

FTFY

Duncan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2010
    South of Indy
    The Civil War
    did not prove that secession was unconstitutional ... that slavery was wrong or unconstitutional .. that Lincoln was a hero or a tyrant .. that southern boys were smart or dumb for firing on Fort Sumtner ..
    The Civil War proved only one thing ... that the North had a stronger military ability than the south .
    That they won and that regardless of of who and what was right on either side ... that the winners always write the new rules .

Thanks
    Duncan

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    The Civil War
    did not prove that secession was unconstitutional ... that slavery was wrong or unconstitutional .. that Lincoln was a hero or a tyrant .. that southern boys were smart or dumb for firing on Fort Sumtner ..
    The Civil War proved only one thing ... that the North had a stronger military ability than the south .
    That they won and that regardless of of who and what was right on either side ... that the winners always write the new rules .

Thanks
    Duncan

:+1: but can't rep you right now. Must spread it around first. :yesway:

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    The Civil War

Thanks
    Duncan
    I only wonder how things would have gone if the southern resolve would have endured a bit longer. Had the southerners taken to guerrilla tactics as Jefferson Davis suggested in the end.......[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NMJKeg4qBQ]YouTube - SA@Takimag - Being Honest About Abe[/ame]

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    I only wonder how things would have gone if the southern resolve would have endured a bit longer. Had the southerners taken to guerrilla tactics as Jefferson Davis suggested in the end.......YouTube - SA@Takimag - Being Honest About Abe
    Who gives a :poop:
    The South LOST!!!
    Live with it!!!
    Whenever I go to North Carolina all I hear from the locals is how the country would have been different if the South had won the Civil War.
    Well, the country would be different if England had won the Revolution too.
    But they didn't!!
    History is, what it is.
    Learn from it, or repeat its mistakes.:rolleyes:

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Who gives a :poop:
    The South LOST!!!
    Live with it!!!
    Whenever I go to North Carolina all I hear from the locals is how the country would have been different if the South had won the Civil War.
    Well, the country would be different if England had won the Revolution too.
    But they didn't!!
    History is, what it is.
    Learn from it, or repeat its mistakes.:rolleyes:
    So how do you propose that young people learn history when the ONLY version taught is revisionist and NOT what really happened? When my children come home spewing the dribble taught in school I have to teach them the FACTS and always have to add that they are NEVER to be repeated in school for fear that they will be labeled as troublemakers or that it will somehow be reflected in their "permanent records". Additionally, I would bet that as many as 90% of the teachers don't even know history as it happened.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    So how do you propose that young people learn history when the ONLY version taught is revisionist and NOT what really happened? When my children come home spewing the dribble taught in school I have to teach them the FACTS and always have to add that they are NEVER to be repeated in school for fear that they will be labeled as troublemakers or that it will somehow be reflected in their "permanent records". Additionally, I would bet that as many as 90% of the teachers don't even know history as it happened.
    I repeat!
    The South LOST!!
    Get over it!!!

Duncan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2010
    South of Indy
    Hey Guys the ONLY thing I was trying bring out is the fact that when ever there is a war .
    The only thing that a victory proves is that the winner had a stronger overall military ability to win a war .

Thanks
    Duncan

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ThrottleJockey

I repeat!
    The South LOST!!
    Get over it!!!
    So, what does my post have to do with that? The war of northern aggression is only one of MANY things they teach our children lies about. Do they ever teach about how many people Stalin killed or just Hitler? Stalin made him look like a rookie. Oh hell, Stalin LOST so it doesn't matter right?

Top Bottom