• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    People have been saying that for years. Not going to happen. Me, I doubt I will ever go again. My LGS get the bulk of my business and I order a few things from places like Midway. Once in a while I use the classifieds. I am not willing to put up with poor venue, overcrowding, waiting in lines, parking etc. Just not worth it, few if any deals, not like it used to be. Maybe if attendance is low for a while they will work to make it a better show. But I am not a young buck anymore and doubt I have enough years left to see it get fixed.
    That's pretty much where I'm at. When we first got into firearms, we went to every one for 2-3 years. Of course, this was 1999-2000 time frame. Totally different ball game then. We went once 5-6 years ago and haven't been back since. The novelty has long worn off and there's little the gun show offers that INGO/internet and the LGS can't offer me.

tdmman

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    South Central Indiana
    I went Friday night. I've gone to lot of them for many years. This was the worst I have attended. Many tables were empty. At 7:00 several vendors were covering their tables up. Maybe it was because of the holidays. I was disappointed.

IUBrink

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    I don't know if it was the holiday weekend or what, but this 1500 felt barren as heck. I understand that the show was in the smaller venue, but I was in no way blown away by the amount of guns like usual. I went looking for a Bersa Thunder and only saw 5 in the whole building, when I normally see one per 3 tables. There seemed to be a lot of accessories and non-gun products around, but the gun supply was underwhelming.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    It was great, checked off my entire list. Lots of screaming deals but a fellow INGOer got the deal of the show, a flippin' steal and he's is just barely became a Hoosier. Geez, *kicks rocks*

Someone tell horn steel case AK was $.21 to $.23/rd.

BeDome

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    I went on Friday, early, stayed a while. No problem with crowds.
    Lots of overpriced guns to handle.

I came home with two lock blade knives and one large belt knife. Almost bought a WWII bayonet, but chickened out; again, a little pricey.

Had a lot of fun though. My first gun show in about twenty years.

ryan3030

Master
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    Indy
    Someone had a DPMS AR-15 on a table with 100 rounds of ammo for $499. That was one of three good deals I saw, the rest was normal stuff.

Also seemed like a high volume of crap/accessories tables to firearms table. For every table with guns on it there were 5 without.

radar44

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    noblesville
    I went today ,Saturday . I walked right in about 10 a.m. and was there for about 8 hours . I had a pocket full of cash but could not find what I was looking for
    . bummer .
    A CZ - 9mm and a Henry 22 mag . called my name over and over for many hours but I fought off the demons and stayed the course . I met Mr. Fenway ( a real nice guy ) and got a cool INGO T-shirt . 2 cheap knifes , some beef jerky . I left with a pocket full of cash and had a great time .

Only 1 a--hole vender to report and it was nice dealing with a much smaller crowd .:)

2in1evtime

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.4%
    63   1   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    retired-midwest
    Went with my brother today, probably the poorest show i have been to. Ammo prices on the most part still high, did pick up some powder and bullets at a decent price. saw a 8# jug of 231 for just over 300 dollars??????????????? Did pick up 2 ingo t shirts also. Also lots and lots of over priced ak's walking around too. Hope the shows get better and i think they need to move the overpriced collectors to the back of the room!!

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    This will be my 4 or 5th trip back (including late last year) and this was the smallest I've seen. There weren't that many gun dealers and I ignored the overpriced private collection and other non-firearm tables. The prices ranged from decent to WAY overpriced. I matched prices using gunwatcher.com. I will be surprised if one particular vendor gets any business. He must be working with Gander Mountain. All his firearms were $70+ over. I finally got a great deal (it wasn't ZX) and bought my new EDC. I shot it today at BGF and man it's smooth!!! I LOVE IT!!

Anyway, I'm glad it was not overcrowded. I went Friday around 3:40pm and even though I parked way out in the boonies, the crowd was tolerable and I only smelled one bad odor from a couple of guys that probably decided to use whiskey and beer as cologne.

Kind of seems like the Gunbroker experience but with more aggravation. But in the end I always feel I need to attend a few shows per year just to support the idea that there should be gun shows. Maybe after Jan 2016 we can acheive a state better approximating 'normal'

P.S. went out on alimb and used color. My only intent was to highlight a particular section of the quote and I apologize if Teal means something unintended

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    P.S. went out on alimb and used color. My only intent was to highlight a particular section of the quote and I apologize if Teal means something unintended

No problem. The only special color is purple which is intended to indicate sarcasm (which often isn't clear from plain text).

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Kind of seems like the Gunbroker experience but with more aggravation. But in the end I always feel I need to attend a few shows per year just to support the idea that there should be gun shows. Maybe after Jan 2016 we can acheive a state better approximating 'normal'

It'll all go off the rails again after Hillary wins.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    You love stirring the pot, don't you hornadylnl?

Anyone but Hillary!

He's not wrong. We will see panic buying start up all over again if she's elected. Her signature issue was health care back in the 90s. Obama already did the dirty work there. She'll have lots of time to think about gun control schemes.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I went today ,Saturday . I walked right in about 10 a.m. and was there for about 8 hours . I had a pocket full of cash but could not find what I was looking for
    . bummer .
    A CZ - 9mm and a Henry 22 mag . called my name over and over for many hours but I fought off the demons and stayed the course . I met Mr. Fenway ( a real nice guy ) and got a cool INGO T-shirt . 2 cheap knifes , some beef jerky . I left with a pocket full of cash and had a great time .

Only 1 a--hole vender to report and it was nice dealing with a much smaller crowd .:)

Which CZ 9mm?

Top Bottom