• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • goldtrigger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 13, 2013
    Morgan county
    I went yesterday mid day. Nice trip with brother and his family.
    Got a 22 bolt action from Zx. Even has a $25 rebate. Also picked up a box of Wise food and a Bekley water purifier.
    And some first aid stuff. A small amount of ammo too.
    Was shopping for AK. Didn't see much there.
    Zx had an AR that seemed popular. I think it was a S&W MP 15. They sold a bunch while I was there for $539. Shop out of Muncie had an AR for $499. Perhaps I need to think AR instead of AK.It was a fun time. Didn't see many deals, but for me, it's fun to hang out with my brother.
    Had lunch with bro and family. Stopped at Bradis on my way home.

matodd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2011
    Delphi
    I went Friday afternoon, I took my 90 year old father and got to spend quality time with him. I didn't see much that was a bargain but did buy a few MI carbine mags. I do have one negative comment though, would how ever was spitting tobacco juice on the floor try to remember that they were inside and others had to walk in it. If you want to spit on the floor do it on your floor but not where I need to walk.

Notavictim646

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    Undisclosed
    My Wife went with me for the first time Saturday. We picked up a cool shelf from Covert Cabinets and then just kinda roamed around. I went back today with the idea that I would like to get a small knife to carry cross draw. I looked about everywhere and was about to give up when I found exactly what I was looking for. It is a Bastinelli Neck knife. I mounted it to a Tek-Lock belt clip and I could not be more pleased. I also picked up a necklace that my Wife was eyeballing on Saturday ;) . All in all a pleasant experience. I'll post pics of the knife soon.

Warrior

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Went Sunday morning and found about half of what I was looking for. Where was the INGO table. I couldn't find it. No t-shirt for me today!

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    I guess it comes down to each individual and what they expected going in and what happened while they were there. Some had a good time, some not so much.

I had a good time all three days. I talked to A LOT of people, but that's what I do best and find I enjoy most. I'm looking forward to how the 'madness' of the fall show pans out.

boogieman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    under your bed!!!
    I went Sunday morning and wandered around for a few hours. Only thing I bought was a couple boxes of primers. It was slow enough that I stood talking to the zx guys for about 15 mins and they never had anyone else even look like they wanted anything. It does seem like the tables are becoming less guns and more garbage. I enjoyed myself and it was a way to waste a couple of hours.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Just a thought, Maybe the slowness is because with the last year and a half of hype and price gouging and folks buying everything up they are either on a leash from their spouse on getting anything else or they ran out of room in their house to hoard their purchases.

On a serious not I feel the shows slowness is due to the circus environment the last almost 2 years along with the people taking extreme advantage of a crisis (along with people that bought out of emotions paying way to much rather than calling them in it) people are just tired of all the bull. JMHO!

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Just a thought, Maybe the slowness is because with the last year and a half of hype and price gouging and folks buying everything up they are either on a leash from their spouse on getting anything else or they ran out of room in their house to hoard their purchases.

On a serious not I feel the shows slowness is due to the circus environment the last almost 2 years along with the people taking extreme advantage of a crisis (along with people that bought out of emotions paying way to much rather than calling them in it) people are just tired of all the bull. JMHO!

I think the more plausible explanation is that most are lulled back into a false sense of security because most things are back to being readily available. I don't need it on my shelf if the store has it on theirs. Then the next panic comes.

level0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Like anywhere, deals are few and far between and you have to hunt them down. Admission is usually less expensive than shipping, but taxes are on where they are often off for internet. It's a huge, huge plus being able to handle all the goods. I'd love to see a new venue but don't have any suggestions, not sure there is a better place when all factors are considered.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    A couple comments on what I read skimming this thread from a dealers prespective.

We have to asentertainment know nothing and start from the basics when educating customers. We normally dont know you from Adam, so we have to gauge your knowledge level as we go.

Pricing is a double edge sword. Some folks WILL NOT buy for any reason if dont make them feel like they won negotiating. So do you put the tag high and haggle your way down to accommodate the customer? If you do that then other folks will walk by complaining about the price.

If you start at internet prices but wont budge you loose sales by not making the customer feel like they are the worlds best haggles and you lose sales.

Bottom line is there is absolutely no blanket answer. The only way to make folks happy is to look in your crystal ball, see what kind of person they are, and adjust the prices on every price tag, in the 5 seconds you see them turn to head to your booth.

Vendors dont getva penny of you addmission money. You have to look at admission and parking as entertainment price alone or dont bother going. You dont go to the movies and expect the cost of the ticket to come off of popcorn prices do you? And that money all goes to the movie theater.

Cam

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Tipton County
    A couple comments on what I read skimming this thread from a dealers prespective.

We have to asentertainment know nothing and start from the basics when educating customers. We normally dont know you from Adam, so we have to gauge your knowledge level as we go.

Pricing is a double edge sword. Some folks WILL NOT buy for any reason if dont make them feel like they won negotiating. So do you put the tag high and haggle your way down to accommodate the customer? If you do that then other folks will walk by complaining about the price.

If you start at internet prices but wont budge you loose sales by not making the customer feel like they are the worlds best haggles and you lose sales.

Bottom line is there is absolutely no blanket answer. The only way to make folks happy is to look in your crystal ball, see what kind of person they are, and adjust the prices on every price tag, in the 5 seconds you see them turn to head to your booth.

Vendors dont getva penny of you addmission money. You have to look at admission and parking as entertainment price alone or dont bother going. You dont go to the movies and expect the cost of the ticket to come off of popcorn prices do you? And that money all goes to the movie theater.

Well put. I have no doubt making people feel like they "won" is the trick and some people have some unreasonable thresholds for their winning...

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Well put. I have no doubt making people feel like they "won" is the trick and some people have some unreasonable thresholds for their winning...

One sale in particular, I had a sale scope that was 125 cheaper than internet. After 30 minutes of me not budging 1 penny, the guy got pissed and left. I promise if I had started high and worked down the sale would have been made. As a vendor I have to chalk that up to "cant win them all, not everyone does business as I do" as customers folks need to have the same mind set.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city

Or you can just put a set price on everything and know your the lowest guy in the room and let the good deal and item sell itself. That always worked well for me. Then people don't think your a used car salesman type of seller. "See a sucker coming from a mile away"
    I AM NOT SAYING YOU ARE LIKE THAT. I LIKE YOU. But some 1500 dealers ARE like that. For me I've always known there is a group of slime ball dealers but I've really noticed the lot had increased during these Obama years. Everyone is trying to get one up on the next guy. Sellers on customers and customers on sellers. The world is changing.

i saw and found lots of great deals at the show. I'm out of the loop now on some stuff but I stay as educated of a buyer as I can be ad when I know I see a good deal I snatch it.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Or you can just put a set price on everything and know your the lowest guy in the room and let the good deal and item sell itself. That always worked well for me. Then people don't think your a used car salesman type of seller. "See a sucker coming from a mile away"
    I AM NOT SAYING YOU ARE LIKE THAT. I LIKE YOU. But some 1500 dealers ARE like that. For me I've always known there is a group of slime ball dealers but I've really noticed the lot had increased during these Obama years. Everyone is trying to get one up on the next guy. Sellers on customers and customers on sellers. The world is changing.

i saw and found lots of great deals at the show. I'm out of the loop now on some stuff but I stay as educated of a buyer as I can be ad when I know I see a good deal I snatch it.

Thats exactly what I do, but the thought never leaves your head if your pleasing the 51% by the amount of sales you loose doing business like that. Folk assume gun shows are flea markets, the dont assume they are normal places of business. Moral of the story is its a double edge sword.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008

This is not in anyway a reference to yourself but what I personally don't like is at a few dealers/vendors is they use a wrong kind of gauge on most customers. While some are asking to be educated about a certain product if you don't have the best product for that novice then tell them you don't. Time and time again I observe several dealers/sellers living their call of duty 3 profile trying to impress the person looking. Those same ones try and educate me or others with false stories and bold lies on a lot of things. I myself won't say I know everything but have been fortunate to get to attend a lot of Government firearms instructor and tactical training schools and teach that as part of my job. I don't throw that around unless someone asks, I have nothing to prove so I just politely nod and move on. Thats what turns a lot of us off is there are customers that know a lot more about it then the seller selling it does.

One sale in particular, I had a sale scope that was 125 cheaper than internet. After 30 minutes of me not budging 1 penny, the guy got pissed and left. I promise if I had started high and worked down the sale would have been made. As a vendor I have to chalk that up to "cant win them all, not everyone does business as I do" as customers folks need to have the same mind set.

You will always have those cheap a#$'s aka Johnnie Luchmeats, you know the type that shows up at your party or lunch at work too cheap to even buy a bag of ice to contribute, those types are everywhere.

igotdiesel2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Southport area of In
    I went yesterday with my Dad and Brother in Law. It was the first 1500 I'd been to in 5 years, and the first in 15 years with my Dad. That part of the show was worth every penny we spent. Having said all that, I didn't see any deal there I couldn't get at my favorite gun store. My first impression was they should rename it to the INDY AR SHOW. In years past there were all types of guns represented equally, but I didn't see that yesterday. I was looking for some custom parts for my Colt Commander and didn't see anything there. Years ago you could find just about any part you wanted for a 1911/1991. The Glock guys were represented nicely and I picked up something for my Glock. I asked a few questions at the Glock tables and one guy seemed to be annoyed at the fact that I even asked such a question (I was looking for a replacement trigger spring). I didn't see the INGO table and I wish I would have, sure would like to meet some of the people that put this site together. Since I wasn't going to buy a gun yesterday I didn't have a lot of contact with dealers but when I did they were nice and answered the few questions I had. In short, if my Dad asks if I want to go to the next one I most likely will because going to a gun show with my Dad is like a history lesson and it is something that we both have had in common for the last 25 years. -Jason

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    You have to look at admission and parking as entertainment price alone or dont bother going.

with 3yo and 1yo boys plus my wife, that's the only "ME" time I have had for a while. I paid my ticket and parking and enjoyed every minuted of it. some folks pay $4 for a cup of coffee every morning, well if that's what they want, so be it.

watching people paying $55 for a brick of .22 alone is entertaining enough.

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    As a vendor despite the holiday weekend we still had a great show. On average most of our items are only marked up 30% over cost so don't get upset when we decline your lowball offer. It's kinda of hard to stay in business if you're selling items for less then you paid.

Also if you are wearing INGO swag your most likely going to be ignored until you initiate the conversation. In most of my encounters with guy's wearing INGO gear they have been rude or they are quick to leave when asked what there username is.

Thank you to everyone else who helps support small business.

Top Bottom