• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fastmover

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Stepford...aka Fishers, IN
    Been several years since I last went to the show, but managed to go on Saturday just to eyeball a couple of things. Left the 1500 with a P938 and a Tavor both from ZX. It was a straight forward deal and they even gave me a price break since I was picking up both from them. I can't wait to get them out to the range and break them in. :ar15:
    Besides ZX, the selection was pretty sparse. I think I got the only Tavor in the building and maybe one of two or three Sig P938. Couldn't find a P224 anywhere. I may have to go again later in the fall.

lilruckus

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    Indy
    Does anyone remember who the dealer was in the very back that had several FNH FNS 9's & 40's? They were next to the Kenzie Optics.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I have fired several customers in the last 2 years and manage to stay busy.

Yep I enjoyed being a business owner for that very reason. I had no problem telling them where to step off if they annoyed me an weren't going to buy anyways or even if they were goin to buy but where wastes of oxygen.

Interesting to see how business owners in a general way view customers. I am glad not all business owners have the same view. I went into US Defense Solutions for the first time last month, to look for a AR. They took the time to school me on AR's in general and not pressure me into a purchase. I walked out that day without a gun. But because I liked the way I was treated I went back, in a little over a month I bought two guns, several services, a knife, and accessories (mags, sights, parts etc). On top of that I gave them a shot at getting a gun for me, they couldn't order it and I got one on my own and had them handle the transfer. If they had fired me, they would have lost out on all that business and good faith which I spread around every chance I get. Good to see that they don't fire customers, if they did they probably would good get by - but with less business.

On the flip side, I see people complain about LGS's on here all the time. I can honestly say in the 14 years that I have been back in Indiana I have never had a bad experience in a LGS. But then I treat the LGS's as a business and not an experience where I expect my butt to be kissed. I have lived on the west coast and in the south and my experience is that we have some of the best LGS's in the country here, and that is how I look at them when I walk in. I had gone to USDS based on input from another INGOer (wtburnette). Reputation means a lot in this industry.
    Also if you are wearing INGO swag your most likely going to be ignored until you initiate the conversation. In most of my encounters with guy's wearing INGO gear they have been rude or they are quick to leave when asked what there username is.

Thank you to everyone else who helps support small business.

That is interesting about people and their INGO username. I don't wear INGO swag but I tell most people (gun enthusiasts) my username when I first meet them. But then I have not said anything on here that I wouldn't say to someone's face either. And I have been hit by the mods a few times and banned/suspended for the 30 day time out (it might sound like it but I am not proud of that). If they are active on the forum (this is really a community) then it gives them a chance to size you up from your posts.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Interesting to see how business owners in a general way view customers. I am glad not all business owners have the same view. I went into US Defense Solutions for the first time last month, to look for a AR. They took the time to school me on AR's in general and not pressure me into a purchase. I walked out that day without a gun.

I am not a business owner. However, I understand that some customers can be real a-holes that can never be satisfied, will bad mouth you to others even when you are trying to handle problems, possibly sue you, and are general life-eaters. I presume you were not rude and annoying to USD when you went there, so simply eating some of their time (assuming they weren't overly busy) gives them no reason to be annoyed with you. In a free trade system, bad customers have the freedom to go to another vendor, assuming they will have them.

The majority of customers are either good or okay. Good ones will give you repeat business and/or will promote you by word of mouth. Okay customers simply have a single satisfactory transaction and there is no further involvement. By that definition, you are a good customer of USD. Why would a business owner want to throw time into sinkholes that give them no positive return, when they can spend more time on good customers who can actively help grow their business?

Last edited:

magus

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2014
    Central IN
    ...I think I got the only Tavor in the building and maybe one of two or three Sig P938. Couldn't find a P224 anywhere. I may have to go again later in the fall.

Yep, I was saddened by the lack of Tavor there. On the flip side; after I got mine checked-in with IMPD at the door I had two inquiries to buy before I even took twenty paces into the show. Oh hell no. Mine. :)

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I am not a business owner. However, I understand that some customers can be real a-holes that can never be satisfied, will bad mouth you to others even when you are trying to handle problems, possibly sue you, and are general life-eaters. I presume you were not rude and annoying to USD when you went there, so simply eating some of their time (assuming they weren't overly busy) gives them no reason to be annoyed with you. In a free trade system, bad customers have the freedom to go to another vendor, assuming they will have them.

The majority of customers are either good or okay. Good ones will give you repeat business and/or will promote you by word of mouth. Okay customers simply have a single satisfactory transaction and there is no further involvement. By that definition, you are a good customer of USD. Why would a business owner want to throw time into sinkholes that give them no positive return, when they can spend more time on good customers who can actively help grow their business?

I also am not a business owner. I have however worked in customer service. I guess my view is this. Still using my experience with USDS. They spent the time with me not knowing if I would turn out to be a good customer or a sinkhole customer. Most people I know will pay a little extra for better service. There is a lot competition out there in the LGS's right now. From my location on the west side of Indy I can be at any one of 6 full LGS's within 20 - 30 minutes and that doesn't count Profire, Gander Mountain or the Range in Avon.

So if I did own a business I think the best thing to do would be to give the unknowns the same amount of time you give the good customers. I don't have any experience working in a LGS, just observations from the outside looking in.

remington870

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    Hebron
    Went Saturday with some buddies. It was my first 1500. Had no problem getting in, not many people there. Prices were so so. Bought some Mosin ammo and got a tac vest for $10.

Docjon

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2012
    One of the things I noticed was the number of older couples that attended. Not unusual to see older guys but there were a lot of wives with them. Have also seen quite a few older women come in my business that are packing. Absolutely love it.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    One of the things I noticed was the number of older couples that attended. Not unusual to see older guys but there were a lot of wives with them. Have also seen quite a few older women come in my business that are packing. Absolutely love it.

Thats easy. Because of the amount of money spent during the last crisis Wives have had no choice but take a more proactive supervisory role!

Top Bottom