Indy prosecutor seeks death penalty in shooting death of IMPD Officer Perry Renn

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Better than one juror who is against death penalty and doesn't convict

This is the reason we now have lethal injection in Indiana, which was the first piece of legislation introduced by John Waterman when he was elected to the State Senate. Shortly before, while serving as sheriff, he had a criminal who was the type of person that makes a person want to simply strike out into the realm of vigilante justice bash a teenage girl's brain out of her head with a tire iron. The girl was his nephew/son's girlfriend (this guy wanted a 'sample' and the girl wouldn't put out)(the boy was legally his nephew but biologically his son as he had raped and impregnated his sister-in-law while his brother was in prison) and two women on the jury refused to vote to convict based solely on their notion that the electric chair was too cruel to use on anyone. As John put it, he didn't care how they got killed as long as they got killed, so that was his first mission as a State Senator.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Would / could a conviction and death sentence start a Ferguson style riot in Indy? That shouldn't be a reason not to push for death penalty, but could be a real possibility.

No, there is not the necessary top soil for such stupidity in Indiana, even Indianapolis.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Death penalty for Perry Renn's Killer, Death penalty for some of the southside 4(I guess southside 3 now that one is turning states evidence) but no death penalty for the jackwagon who killed the gas station attendant on the westside and skipped around....

I agree with your sentiment, but we didn't get into our present horribly sissified way of dealing with the worst of crime overnight and won't get out of it overnight, so this is still a good start.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    I think that if Curry wants to keep his job come next election he had to ask for the DP, can you imagine the blowback if he didn't?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    mm the fact that Troy Briggs is dead? equality? The fact that a man is dead with no provocation so that Desi could buy shoes and drugs and then brag about it?

Cop Killed = DP
    Drug Dealers Killed = DP
    Average Joe working to make a living Killed No death penalty

Indiana's DP statute does not permit the MCPA, or any PA, to file the DP at his or her whim.

There are aggravators which permit the filing of the DP, killing cops is one, multiple victims is another in the course of a serious felony.

There are conditions for seeking the DP in the alleged Murder of the gas station attendant (the robbery), but I would be shocked to see it filed.

We have a growing problem with crime in this city and perhaps its time to make a few examples and put our citizens foot down

Then arm and train the citizenry. By the time it gets to the Prosecuting Attorney, it is far too late to have any deterrent effect.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Umm the fact that Troy Briggs is dead? equality? The fact that a man is dead with no provocation so that Desi could buy shoes and drugs and then brag about it?

Cop Killed = DP
    Drug Dealers Killed = DP
    Average Joe working to make a living Killed No death penalty

We have a growing problem with crime in this city and perhaps its time to make a few examples and put our citizens foot down

^^^^^^^^^^^This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Kirk, I most often agree with you. Do this kind of crime and know if caught you need to get right with your god.

OkieGirl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    iti anunka (In the trees)
    I don't like it, but I can't see any other way to handle it. If you take the life of one of our citizens in cold blood we will return the favor. If you kill one of our police officers, we PROMISE to put you in the fast lane.

church

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 10, 2013
    Margaritaville
    O.K.
    Just a little pin prick
    There'll be some more aaaaaaaah!
    And you may feel a little sick

Can you stand up? No?
    I do believe it's working, good
    That's what you get for being a scumbag.
    Sucks to be you, it's time to go.

I would heavily prefer "Aim, Ready, Fire" right out back of the court house.

Top Bottom