• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • luvall

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Noblesville
    Some good friends of mine just called with a prayer request. His sister gave birth to a little tyke here in town but his longs are underdeveloped. He was born a few weeks early. He was doing okay (on a breathing machine) but today they had to rush him to Riley. His name is Drew... thanks people.

Mt 19:13 Then little children were brought to Jesus for him to place his hands on them and pray for them. But the disciples rebuked those who brought them.
    Mt 19:14 Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."
    Mt 19:15 When he had placed his hands on them, he went on from there.

MadBomber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Brownsburg
    Since so many of you have been kind enough to ask, I thought I'd pass along an update on my sister-in-law and her battle with leukemia.
    She's finished with the first 7 days of "hardcore" chemo. It was touch and go for a while, especially the first few days. She's now in what her doctors are calling "the Valley" as her immune system has been totally zapped by the chemo. They have to be on constant guard against infection but she's in good spirits and is fighting hard. Today she had a bone marrow test (if you don't know, imagine having your spine core-drilled). By Monday they'll know if the chemo has knocked down the leukemia and they'll start her on a new three-day regimen.
    The power of the prayers sent on her behalf has been amazing and she and my brother send their thanks and love to each of you, as do I.

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    Some good friends of mine just called with a prayer request. His sister gave birth to a little tyke here in town but his longs are underdeveloped. He was born a few weeks early. He was doing okay (on a breathing machine) but today they had to rush him to Riley. His name is Drew... thanks people.

Prayers sent for the little guy and his family.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!

Just found out a firefighter buddy of mine has cancer, he is only 38, please send prayers!

Prayers sent for all, May God grant you all his grace, Healing, Comfort & Grace, and the Dr's His infinite wisdom.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    Since so many of you have been kind enough to ask, I thought I'd pass along an update on my sister-in-law and her battle with leukemia.
    She's finished with the first 7 days of "hardcore" chemo. It was touch and go for a while, especially the first few days. She's now in what her doctors are calling "the Valley" as her immune system has been totally zapped by the chemo. They have to be on constant guard against infection but she's in good spirits and is fighting hard. Today she had a bone marrow test (if you don't know, imagine having your spine core-drilled). By Monday they'll know if the chemo has knocked down the leukemia and they'll start her on a new three-day regimen.
    The power of the prayers sent on her behalf has been amazing and she and my brother send their thanks and love to each of you, as do I.

Wanted you to know that your family is still in my prayers, for some reason it did not quote in my last post,

lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    I just want to thank everyone for their prayers as I started a job last week! But keep praying for everyone that is still without employment.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    Just checking in with a selfish request of my own. Some of you who frequent the Nightshift Chat have heard me complaining of my health as of late, so thanks for your tolerance!

For those of you who do not know, I've been fighting cancer since the first of this year and it's been a real emotional rollercoaster. Each time we think we are done, something else pops up and in its place is another hurdle. It has been frustrating but also a real test of character. I'm probably one of the most self obsessed people I've ever met and if cancer has given me anything, it has been the ability to see past my own nose. I normally hear people equate God's faithfulness with their success in healing. In a way, I do too, but I also equate it to graciousness. Nowhere in my contract does it say that God has to heal me from my ailments. My line of thinking? Even if my health takes turns for the worse, God's faithfulness still exists and so does his goodness. Even if I get sick, and subsequently sicker, God has always been more than just, he's been good and faithful!

Today I just got off the phone with the nursing staff at the cancer center and I am tentatively cleared for my last day of chemotherapy. This will be the end of my second round. To date, this will make 25 sessions of radiation, two rounds of chemo a surgery and another surgery date tentatively scheduled after a few weeks of recovery from this next chemo treatment. Please pray for my wife first and foremost. While it is my health that is affected, my wife is probably taking my health issues harder than I am. She is one of the best things to have ever happened to me and I don't think I would have come nearly this far without her. Please also pray that my friends who are currently distant from God use my experience mixed with their emotions to realize that they too can learn to see past their noses. Lastly, pray that God's will be done with my disease. Obviously, I prefer that his plan includes me living to the ripe old age where I can teach my grandchildren to shoot rifles but I'm trying to be open to all other possibilities.

Also apologies for posting a sermon in addition to a prayer request! :D Thank you for the support, as well as the brother/sister-hood of this website.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have a date with an IV machine for the next few hours. :rockwoot:

CoyoteCreekGuns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    New Palestine, IN
    Prayer Request for Thor

Fellow Prayer Warriors,

My youngest son, Thor (8 months old), has been suffering from the stomach flu for 7 days now. The pediatrician, after seeing him on day 4 and then us calling her on day 5 and 6 with updates, has stated that this type of flu is going around and that it can take 10-14 days for infants to get over it. Although the number of times per day that he is throwing up has lessened, we're keeping a close eye on him and although he isn't running a fever and is still wetting a diaper (at least a little bit) he is still throwing up 1-2 times a day.

Today was probably the best day and we thought it was over until this evening when he had a massive blowout before heading to bed where after an hour of sleeping he threw everything up and then had really bad dry heaves...

As a parent you feel completely helpless when your 8 month old is crying/screaming due to throwing up and dry heaves. You just want to take the pain and suffering away from him.

After a bath and calming him down my wife and I prayed over him and I ask you now to just pause for a minute or two and lift him up to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ as ultimatly Thor belongs to Him. Please petition for God's healing hand to be placed upon him and for His peace, the peace that only He can provide to be upon both Thor and my wife and I as we continue to wait out this flu bug. Last but not least, please pray for our discernment on following the recommendation of the pediatrician, to wait it out, or to simply head to the ER for an IV.

Thank you in advance for your prayers and please know that I am praying for all of you as well.

God has blessed us all, the question is whether or not we recognize the blessings He is provided us with.

For His glory,

Keith

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    You've got it my friend. I remember my granddaughter being sick at that age, it is a helpless feeling for us.

Trust in the Lord, with all of your heart, and lean not on your own understanding...

CoyoteCreekGuns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    New Palestine, IN
    Thank you all for your prayers and most of all thank you God for your provisions, mercy and grace. At this point Thor has been puke free for 48 hours.... He is still not eating all that well but he is showing signs of improvement in that arena as well.

Thanks again prayer warriors and please know that your prayers are also being lifted up by me and my family as well.

Top Bottom