• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    TWB you are still in my prayers, have been since I found out about you being sick.

CCG, I'll keep your son in my prayers as well, hopefully he's doing even better now. (I know I"m reading this a bit late).

And henktermaat I'll definitely keep his family, as well as yours in my prayers. Its never easy to lose a close friend.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    I want to ask for prayers for a friend at work's wife. He told me last night that the doctors think she has bone cancer, which is terminal, and this is prob her last Christmas. I just want to ask that the Lord touch her, and either heal her or help make it less painful for her. And for him as well, he's taking it pretty hard. Along with that his left shoulder has been in alot of pain for the past couple of months and the doctors don't want to do surgery on it, and the meds they are giving him aren't doing anything. I ask prayers to help reduce his pain and cure him, and hopefully his wife as well.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    I don't want to be that guy that hog's this thread but...

I returned from visiting with the surgeon with some good news and some bad.

I have my second and hopefully last surgery scheduled. January 20th I have a date with the scalpel and may it by my last! The surgeon was very warm and friendly and explained the procedure in simple terms. Recovery time is quite a while but I plan to return to work possibly in March!

The bad news:
    I have had a pain near the incision mark for several weeks. I'm getting a CT scan tomorrow to make sure it is not metastasized tissue that has spread to my incision mark or my bladder. Other possibilities are radiation damage to my bladder. I'm hoping it is were the nerves were disconnected and the pain I feel is just misfiring of nerves growing back together. I am not sure when I will receive the results of my CT scan but I hope it is soon.

My blood sugar is really high and so is my blood pressure. Both impact my ability to heal properly... we're not sure if these are byproducts of chemo or because I am in such poor shape. If I can maintain a low blood sugar, we'll do the surgery.

Again, I do not want to hog the prayer request thread but please remember me if you have a moment. If you have friends or communities that join you in prayer, please remember me there as well. Thank you INGO brothers and sisters. :ingo:

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I returned from visiting with the surgeon with some good news and some bad.

I have my second and hopefully last surgery scheduled. January 20th I have a date with the scalpel and may it by my last! The surgeon was very warm and friendly and explained the procedure in simple terms. Recovery time is quite a while but I plan to return to work possibly in March!

The bad news:
    I have had a pain near the incision mark for several weeks. I'm getting a CT scan tomorrow to make sure it is not metastasized tissue that has spread to my incision mark or my bladder. Other possibilities are radiation damage to my bladder. I'm hoping it is were the nerves were disconnected and the pain I feel is just misfiring of nerves growing back together. I am not sure when I will receive the results of my CT scan but I hope it is soon.

My blood sugar is really high and so is my blood pressure. Both impact my ability to heal properly... we're not sure if these are byproducts of chemo or because I am in such poor shape. If I can maintain a low blood sugar, we'll do the surgery.

Again, I do not want to hog the prayer request thread but please remember me if you have a moment. If you have friends or communities that join you in prayer, please remember me there as well. Thank you INGO brothers and sisters. :ingo:

You've got it my friend! Keep us informed.

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    theweakerbrother, prayers sent and well always continue to be sent for you, brother. Keep posting here everytime you need it, or you can PM me anytime you want if you need encouragement. Believe me when I say that we all, INGO, have your back and are here for you.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    Having some sugery on the 21st. Scheduled to be laproscopic for an abdominal hernia (above th belly button). Should be smooth but some help would be appreciated and returned.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    theweakerbrother, prayers sent and well always continue to be sent for you, brother. Keep posting here everytime you need it, or you can PM me anytime you want if you need encouragement. Believe me when I say that we all, INGO, have your back and are here for you.

Thank you, I appreciate it. That certainly means a lot to me. Nervous about tomorrow, but I realize that no amount of worry changes things. Let me know when and how I can return the favor.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    theweakerbrother,

Good luck and prayers for tomorrow. I rememebr reading some of your story a while back. I think you diffused a scetchy situation IIRC. You were in my thoughts then and now.

Good luck and be strong.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Having some sugery on the 21st. Scheduled to be laproscopic for an abdominal hernia (above th belly button). Should be smooth but some help would be appreciated and returned.

hope all goes well. you will be in our thoughts

Last edited:

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    Still praying for all of my INGO brothers and sisters.

I just received a phone call from the surgeon this morning. The CT scan did not come back clear. However, he told me not to hit the panic button yet. They found a mass in my gut but it could be one of three things.

1. Scar tissue from my initial surgery.
    2. Scar tissue from the radiation treatments.
    3. Cancer.

I'm waiting for the staff to contact me about a PT scan. This will determine what the mass happens to be. I am doing my best to not be extremely frustrated or disappointed but it is always better to know than not.

Thanks, brothers and sisters of INGO.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    A small update and another request!

I had two tests done today. The first was a PT scan to determine if cancer has spread to other areas of my body. I should get the results by tomorrow. The second test was to examine the previous surgical area using hi-tech scope equipment. Everything at the initial cancer site looks wonderful! Surgery is still planned for next week pending my PT scan comes back clear of any malignancy.

More importantly! As some of you may have heard, Haiti has experienced an earthquake recently. Please remember the people of that country as well as the people who are over there doing missions work. Some friends of ours have family in Haiti at an orphanage.

I saw this as part of our friend's facebook status update:

"Could you please pray for House of Hope in Haiti? Haiti had a horrible earthquake today and House of Hope is an orphanage our church works closely with. Good friends are there working and the situation, while currently safe could easily degrade. My least favorite quote from them "Don't worry, we have men with guns and knives to protect the babies.""

My prayer is this for those at the specific orphanage: May God make the men with guns and knives look as fierce as anyone could possibly look to protect the workers and children from harm!

Thank you!

Top Bottom