• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • redneckpastor

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Haiti Good call, they got nastiness going on down there. I help out an organization call "Convoy of Hope" and they are doing what they can of course.

Will keep you updated!

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    Just got off the phone with the doctor... PT scans look like the mass in my pelvic area appears to be merely scar tissue or a slight infection. Surgery will continue as planned on Jan 20th! No biopsy planned on the mass because it is too close to where I had surgery and radiation but I will have a PT scan done in six months and we will compare the two just to make sure the mass isn't spreading. The surgeon consulted with two other doctors and they're all in agreement that the PT scan looks like (mostly) harmless scar tissue build up rather than malignancy. As a bonus, the surgeon had the usual areas checked for malignancy and my liver and elsewhere looks not only good but HEALTHY. It is easy to praise God during good news. I just hope the news continues! Thanks to everyone for their prayers!

Man, was my heart racing during that phone call. :D

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    HEALTHY. It is easy to praise God during good news. I just hope the news continues! Thanks to everyone for their prayers!

You continue to be on the top of my devotional prayers. Glory to God for his blessing!

“I sought the LORD, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears” Psalm 34:4

“Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the LORD and shun evil. This will bring health to your body and nourishment to your bones” Proverbs 3:5-8

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    Just got off the phone with the doctor... PT scans look like the mass in my pelvic area appears to be merely scar tissue or a slight infection. Surgery will continue as planned on Jan 20th! No biopsy planned on the mass because it is too close to where I had surgery and radiation but I will have a PT scan done in six months and we will compare the two just to make sure the mass isn't spreading. The surgeon consulted with two other doctors and they're all in agreement that the PT scan looks like (mostly) harmless scar tissue build up rather than malignancy. As a bonus, the surgeon had the usual areas checked for malignancy and my liver and elsewhere looks not only good but HEALTHY. It is easy to praise God during good news. I just hope the news continues! Thanks to everyone for their prayers!

Great news!
    I'll continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers on these type of matters:yesway:

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    That's great news TWB I'm glad the prayers are working. I'll continue to keep you in my prayers. Along with those in Haiti, definitely not a good situation down there.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Got a call tonite from my brother. His wife just found out she has breast cancer. It's fairly aggressive, so they will be doing both chemo, and in a couple months, a dual radical mastectomy. She just lost her brother to a heart attack a couple months ago, so her family is still reeling from that, and now this.

Thanks everyone.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove

Awesome news my friend! God is good!

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Got this from my Mom today. Please say a prayer, if you are so inclined.

Please pray (or for those of you who might not be pray-ers, send some positive vibes) for my good friend, Sue Alexander, who was going to Haiti on a medical mission trip with a couple of people from her Parish in Lafayette, IN. She likes to go a day ahead of the team so she can buy the medicines and supplies at the local stores before they go up into the mountains. She arrived in Port au Prince yesterday morning and was to be met by their interpreter with whom she would stay in Port au Prince until today when the rest of the team would arrive. You know by now what happened in Port au Prince yesterday afternoon. No one has been able to contact her and no one knows if she is dead or alive. (I do know the family with whom she was staying was in the city center.) Sue is a survivor and if she is alive I imagine she is in the trenches trying to dig people out to give them medical care. The pictures of the result of the earthquake is so awful that I can only hope she is safe or even alive. The Haitians, who had so little to begin with, now have less. Pray for strength and courage for my friend and her safe return.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Update - talked to my Mom yesterday; her friend Sue is alive, and relatively unharmed. At last check, she was trying to get a flight out of Haiti. She was extremely lucky (or had an angel on her shoulder) and will surely have quite a tale to tell upon her return. Thanks to everyone for their thoughts, prayers and support.

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    Prayers sent Roadie & shooter521.

If I could get some prayers for a bleeding ulcer I've been battling for 2 weeks now. I didn't know I had one until I lost a lot of blood one night. I've been hospitalized twice for a total of 7 days during the last 2 weeks. Feeling better but not great yet, I just want to make sure it's healed for good.

Thank you brothers and sisters.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    Glad to hear that your mother's friend, Sue, is a live and well! She is a trooper for surviving a situation where many would not!

WTFD661: We will definitely be praying for your bleeding ulcer. That sounds like NO fun. Blood loss plus the pain of an ulcer is a lot to deal with.

I start my restricted pre-surgical diet today. Fast tomorrow. Surgery on Wednesday. Here we go......!

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Prayers sent Roadie & shooter521.

If I could get some prayers for a bleeding ulcer I've been battling for 2 weeks now. I didn't know I had one until I lost a lot of blood one night. I've been hospitalized twice for a total of 7 days during the last 2 weeks. Feeling better but not great yet, I just want to make sure it's healed for good.

Thank you brothers and sisters.

Thank you my friend. Prayers sent as well.

Is INGO a great community or what? :rockwoot:

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    Hey siblings in Christ,

My dad just called me and let me know that today, at 1510, my grandpa took his last breath and joined the saints who've gone on before, including my uncle and sister who left us in the spring of 2009. Grandpa Paxson (my mother's father) turned 89 yesterday. He had been in a nursing home for several years, but in the past week or so, it became evident he was on his last legs. My parents were present at his passing and are taking care of things, but I'd appreciate your prayers for our family as we rejoice that another dear family member has joined Jesus in Glory.

Thanks guys.

Caleb

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Hey siblings in Christ,

My dad just called me and let me know that today, at 1510, my grandpa took his last breath and joined the saints who've gone on before, including my uncle and sister who left us in the spring of 2009. Grandpa Paxson (my mother's father) turned 89 yesterday. He had been in a nursing home for several years, but in the past week or so, it became evident he was on his last legs. My parents were present at his passing and are taking care of things, but I'd appreciate your prayers for our family as we rejoice that another dear family member has joined Jesus in Glory.

Thanks guys.

Caleb

John 14:1-4
    Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. You know the way to the place where I am going.

1 Corinthians 15:52-57
    In a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed. For the perishable must clothe itself with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality. When the perishable has been clothed with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality, then the saying that is written will come true: "Death has been swallowed up in victory." "Where, O death, is your victory? Where, O death, is your sting?"The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Top Bottom