Not open for further replies.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    The Israelis are not known for restraint. And when they try restraint and they get harsh payback, they are absolutely known for going hard the next time.

This was restraint.

The next time will not be.

Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Isreal was baited into this confrontation and when the flag goes up I hope they kick butt like they did in the six day war and I hope they tell the UN and Obama where to stick it if they stick their noses into it.
    I'd feel better sending my tax money to Iseral as long as Obama is in Office. :ar15:
    Just as Ingo members are being baited to respond to this stupid posting.

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    If the Indy cop were attacking people in Rome, he deserves to get beat

He deserved it. Where does Israel get the authority to violate international law and board ships in international waters?

I suppose you're a person who advocates having Israel sit on their arses complacently as Islamic fanatics launch rockets into their towns, target CIVILIANS with suicide bombers, and allow HAMAS, their SWORN ENEMY to smuggle in weapons. I'm not seeing the logic here. IMO, they've been plenty patient with these fanatics known as HAMAS and the Palestinian people as a whole, who are hell-bent on the destruction of Israel.

On a side note, don't kid yourself. Our military has and will continue to engage threats before they become potentially more dangerous. Preemptive strikes have their place, and I suspect that we would not be having an incident on our hands if the occupants of that vessel would have kept their hands to themselves and not attacked Israeli commandos. There's stupid, then there's dangerously stupid. It's the equivalent of punching a police officer in the face and wondering why he tased/shot/arrested you. You can't instigate a fight, then cry when you're put in your place...unless your Moslem apparently.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    Smoking357 is the new 360 in my book.

toilet_doo.jpg

I am outta rep for the day!! but this needs one!!! :D

smoking357

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Mindin' My Own Business
    I suspect that we would not be having an incident on our hands if the occupants of that vessel would have kept their hands to themselves and not attacked Israeli commandos. There's stupid, then there's dangerously stupid. It's the equivalent of punching a police officer in the face and wondering why he tased/shot/arrested you. You can't instigate a fight, then cry when you're put in your place...unless your Moslem apparently.

A cop acts under some color of law. Israeli pirates in international waters have no valid legal authority - period.

This was a crime against international law, and the pirates need to be tried in the Hague, along with Netanyahu.

christman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2010
    Terra Haute
    Its odd how peaceful protesters have full armories on their ships when they are supposed to be delivering aid???? I didn't know they were preparing to party down in Somali and fight scurvy pirates.

GG Isreal. No one would have said a word if the U.S had done that close to our side of the sand in international waters. It would have been all "Praise the Lord, and pass the ammunition."

Sometimes people on the webs like to rip on Israel for this or that and then say that no one supports them. Yet, the U.S has been in their pocket for years. Why is that? Do they know something we don't know? Probably...Let's leave the diplomacy and military maneuvers to the professionals that we so grossly underpay, yet so pathologically criticize.

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    Actually I thought I read somewhere that Israel DOES have the right to stop and inspect boats heading into Gaza. Can't remember where I got that, though.

Ya know, I just don't get the anti-Israel sentiments I'm seeing these days. They are surrounded on all sides by enemies who want to destroy them, have to deal with constant cowardly rocket attacks and bombings, and yet they're the ones being compared to Nazi Germany. Never mind that that the Mufti himself was part of the "Final Solution".

I've never understood anti-Semitism, but even more baffling to me is the Israel-bashing. It doesn't make you seem smart or able to understand both sides of the equation. It doesn't make you more compassionate. It makes you a useful idiot playing right into the hands of the people who want them gone.... and even long after Israel is gone, they STILL WON'T BE YOUR FRIENDS no matter how much you take their side. The only way you will be their friends is with your conversion to Islam or your head rolling down the street.

:+1: :yesway:

christman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2010
    Terra Haute
    SECTION VI : CAPTURE OF NEUTRAL MERCHANT VESSELS AND GOODS

146. Neutral merchant vessels are subject to capture outside neutral waters if they are engaged in any of the activities referred to in paragraph 67 or if it is determined as a result of visit and search or by other means, that they:

(a) are carrying contraband;
    (b ) are on a voyage especially undertaken with a view to the transport of individual passengers who are embodied in the armed forces of the enemy;
    (c ) are operating directly under enemy control, orders, charter, employment or direction;
    (d) present irregular or fraudulent documents, lack necessary documents, or destroy, deface or conceal documents;
    (e) are violating regulations established by a belligerent within the immediate area of naval operations; or
    (f) are breaching or attempting to breach a blockade.

garlic_b

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Bloomington
    My :twocents:;

Anti-semitism is not the same as anti-Israel. Examples:
    I like my jewish friends, but their gov't sometimes sucks serious a**.
    I love my chinese students and girlfriend, but their gov't sometimes sucks serious a**.

Reminder: you can both support an ally and criticize them when they need it.
    Who here DOESN'T have a friend that sometimes is a completely inappropriate a**hole. Do you support their a**holery or do you call them on it?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom