• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aspiringsnd

Plinker
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 24, 2016
    Westfield
    I've never personally owned a .327, but have been looking for a GP100 chambered in the caliber for a while now. I grew up with .32 H&R Magnum revolvers in the house and fell in love with the caliber -- looking to update my own collection with some .327 pieces. I think it's a great caliber, I don't understand why it never caught on.

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    man... I remember this post. I'm still really wanting your rifle to arrive so I can live vicariously through you :)
    I bet that will be a sweet setup. Talk aobut a fun bunny blaster. I bet it's pretty potent coming out of a long rifle barrel like that. Probably capable (though not legal) for deer up close, or for coyotes to 100 yds

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    man... I remember this post. I'm still really wanting your rifle to arrive so I can live vicariously through you :)
    I bet that will be a sweet setup. Talk aobut a fun bunny blaster. I bet it's pretty potent coming out of a long rifle barrel like that. Probably capable (though not legal) for deer up close, or for coyotes to 100 yds

It is legal for deer this year, on private land.
    I just got another email from Henry customer service.
    Today they said that these are now shipping, and they have my drop-ship order on file, but they have a large back order for this model.
    So much so that they are ramping up production on this model.

I think the demand caught them woefully unprepared.
    I still have hopes of having mine in hand before deer season.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Well, I suppose I will hope for next year then They did not let me send an FFL and pay, they told me to go through my LGS. I too have emailed and written to the makers of lever action rifles asking for a 327FM but apparently I was not as aggressive with Henry. If you come to the Sep24 PROteq shoot Mgderf, I will have plenty of my own ammo. It would be my pleasure to try yours out. I have wanted one of these for so long, waiting is killing me.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Well, I suppose I will hope for next year then They did not let me send an FFL and pay, they told me to go through my LGS. I too have emailed and written to the makers of lever action rifles asking for a 327FM but apparently I was not as aggressive with Henry. If you come to the Sep24 PROteq shoot Mgderf, I will have plenty of my own ammo. It would be my pleasure to try yours out. I have wanted one of these for so long, waiting is killing me.

What is this PROteq shoot you speak of?

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    PROGRESS!

Davison's Gallery of Guns now has my Henry .327 listed on their "stock watch", so they must be expecting a shipment soon.
    They are my FFL's distributor of choice, so that's where my rifle will be coming from on paper.

Hopefully, since it's now on their stock watch, it will be "in stock" soon, which means mine will be as well.
    I keep building up components. Just had another 100 ct box of projectiles delivered yesterday...

C'mon Henry, I'm ready...

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Is it allocated on Davidson' site???

Just says, "Stock Watch", which usually proceeds new arrivals.
    I'm not sure how long that means, but I do know this much.

I tired of contacting Henry and repeatedly getting the same non-answer to a shipping date so last week I tried a different approach.
    I contacted Davison's Gallery of Guns (my FFL's listed distributor of choice) and asked if they could tell me when they expect to receive these rifles. The guy was polite, and professional, but said he really had no idea, and he didn't want to give me false information.

At that time, the Henry Big Boys were listed on the Davison's site in every caliber EXCEPT the .327 Federal magnum.
    I've been checking Davison's site every evening when I get home from work.
    Tonight the site has changed from not being listed at all, to being shown, but listed as "stock watch".

I don't know how many they expect to receive, but mine is supposed to be drop-shipped from the factory, with the sale credited to Gallery of Guns.
    That what I was told back in February.
    The waiting continues, but I'm getting more excited about it again.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I too have called and emailed them about my wanting but could not find a dealer who could help. I was told they are now shipping and to look on Gun Broker.

I really want one of these and no one here in Terre Haute is able to get me one. I have been to all of the local stores and asked about them and tried to have them put them on order so I could get one when they were available and no one would do that, they tell me when they see one available they will get it and tell me. I was not able to get one drop shipped from Henry, despite the emails and calls and letters I wrote to all the makers of lever action rifles telling them to make one. No one offered me any sort of help nor would they let me have one drop shipped.

I want one of these and have for a very long time now. Guess I will just keep trying.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Allocation normally means that they will go to the FFL's that do the most business with Davidsons first. Since it is stock watch a term I have not seen much it likely means that there is now a model number for the item and davidsons has an order in for them. It is all up to Henry to make and ship.

Allocated guns from davidsons were normally special runs that davidsons has made for them. Special runs of limited quantity. So I would say the 327 is going to be a stock item if they ever make it

Redleg11b

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 3, 2017
    Goshen/Elkhart
    I am interested in seeing the range reports on this. I have considered getting this chambering in a H&R custom stubbed single shot and loading some at about 32-20 velocities. I will keep my eyes open for the Henry version of the single shot and do a comparison on cost effectiveness to add it to my meager collection.

lrdudley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Just got this email from Henry.

The New for 2017 models and some of the more sought after 2016 rifles have been very difficult for some of you to get a hold of, and we understand that the wait is frustrating. We are making every effort to get more of these to market and we're even investing in some new machinery to increase production on these hard to find models.

As we work hard to correct the lack of inventory on models that have already started shipping and get back on track with the delayed models we are going to continue to work closely with local Henry dealers in an effort to keep them informed of which distributors we're shipping to.

Here is an updated list of expected shipping dates for the New for 2017 models:

Hopefully this new information answers some of the questions out there, and we will do our best to keep you all informed and updated as we move forward with more great things. Thank you for the continued patience and support.
    Regards,
    Henry Repeating Arms Co.
    59 East 1st Street
    Bayonne, New Jersey 07002

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Got an email from Henry today saying, "We will be shipping this by the end of the week", and the email included 3 downloads, but for whatever reason, the downloads won't open on my computer.
    There is no mention in the email of the model number, so I've got my fingers crossed they ship the right one.

Cliff-note version, my new Henry should be here soon!

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Got an email from Henry today saying, "We will be shipping this by the end of the week", and the email included 3 downloads, but for whatever reason, the downloads won't open on my computer.
    There is no mention in the email of the model number, so I've got my fingers crossed they ship the right one.

Cliff-note version, my new Henry should be here soon!

Yay ! :yesway: I'm fascinated by that caliber myself.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I finally have one of these 327FM Big Boys, LEVER ACTION FUN!!! I have to get it next week but they have one on hold,just for me. WHO HOO!

Top Bottom