• ...and so much more!
  • Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I finally have one of these 327FM Big Boys, LEVER ACTION FUN!!! I have to get it next week but they have one on hold,just for me. WHO HOO!

OUTSTANDING!
    I've been looking around for one to point you toward, but they are indeed hard to find.
    Mine should be here next week as well.

Glad you found one. Hope the price wasn't outrageous.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    The price was a good one at my LGS, they knew I wanted one and got onto a list and so I waited until they could get me one and now it is here.

I do thank you for the help Mgderf. I plan on bringing mine to the shoot at PROteq on 24 Sept too. I will bring my shotguns too and if you will be there we can shoot things up!

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Post pics when you get it, I'm curious to see what they look like. Won't buy one as I'm already into 32-20 but I'll be curious to see how they perform.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Well, here is the photo, I haven't gone to the range but that will happen soon so expect more pix then. This is my new Henry Big Boy 327FM and my older Ruger Single Seven 327FM.
    3tHxoTh.jpg

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Well, here is the photo, I haven't gone to the range but that will happen soon so expect more pix then. This is my new Henry Big Boy 327FM and my older Ruger Single Seven 327FM.
    3tHxoTh.jpg

Now I'm jealous.
    You got yours before I got mine!
    Looks beautiful.

Is it a low serial number?
    I'm expecting mine tomorrow or Wednesday...

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    It's likely that you'll get your wish when we high-powered rifle hunters demonstrate that we're not irresponsible with our now legal artillery after the five season trial period ends and the DNR at that time reviews whether to keep the law as written for the trial period (unlikely), scales the law back to only allow handgun calibers for rifles (much less likely), or expands the law very simply by allowing all calibers currently legal in handguns (likely), i.e. 1.16" minimum case length and .243 minimum bore diameter, with no limitations beyond that, which would instantly make your Henry .327 legal, not to mention just about any other centerfire rifle caliber.

Am I the only one thinking the DNR should not be writing law? Don't we elect people and expect them not to delegate this?

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Am I the only one thinking the DNR should not be writing law? Don't we elect people and expect them not to delegate this?

No you are not the only one thinking that, however, in this case it was the legislators and not the DNR that came up with the convoluted rifle regs last year and it was again the legislators that greatly simplified them this year. I recognize the danger inherent in having legislators making wildlife management decisions but I don't think which weapons we can or cannot use should fall under the DNR's purview other than establishing minimum effective performance limits.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    IT'S HERE!
    Serial # 000115 and it's gorgeous.
    $673 out the door! Told you I had friends in the firearms business.

Off to the range...

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Finally! Was it worth the very frustrating wait?

Absolutely yes!
    Just got back from the range, albeit a short session.

It fed and shot everything I fed it, including 4 different loads of my own, and 2 different factory offerings.
    Cowboy loads using Trailboss kick about like my 10/22.

I only shot at short range (25 yards) due to it being indoors, but groups of 5 rounds printed under 1.5" shooting offhand.
    All but one case was retrieved, and inspected. All look good.

I am just thrilled with my new Henry.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Absolutely yes!

It fed and shot everything I fed it, including 4 different loads of my own, and 2 different factory offerings.
    Cowboy loads using Trailboss kick about like my 10/22.

I only shot at short range (25 yards) due to it being indoors, but groups of 5 rounds printed under 1.5" shooting offhand.
    All but one case was retrieved, and inspected. All look good.

I am just thrilled with my new Henry.

Glad to hear it!

Lanternman

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 5, 2017
    East Central
    Absolutely yes!

It fed and shot everything I fed it, including 4 different loads of my own, and 2 different factory offerings...

Did you try any .32 H&R. I understand the delay was due at least in part to feeding issues with the smaller cartridge. That is one nice looking rifle.

Top Bottom