0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2008
    NWI
    The Steer Family Resturant
    8601 Indianapolis Blvd
    Highland, IN 46322
    (219) 838-0514

is located "near" Cabela's.

As for resturants on US 30 are you looking near the IL border or closer to SouthLake Mall area or Valpo. US 30 is ver long ya know. =p

The steer can accomidate large groups but we will either in in the center of the place or the 1st wing. I think it's all smoking resturant not sure if some have issues with that. It's been a while since I been there. Food is 'ok' or the price.

When in JAN? Can't be the 9-11 since that is the Indy 1500 so many of us will be down there for that.

We looking at weekend or week day?

:+1: for this location, date?

NWI40cal

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Hammond
    That is a good idea for a location, but we need to narrow down a date first, so we can see who all is going to come, then we can pick a location. Otherwise we will have some people driving 10 minutes and some others, like turnandshoot, or hell even rhino, it could be the better part of an hour or more to drive.

I would recommend somewhere on 30 like turn said, or, if he's gonna be the only southie, we can move it a little more north or something.

I took a look at the old-skool farmers almanac online, and by the way the chart reads, it was below average in december, and january is supposed to be above average. About 5 degrees warmer than average and about 1'' less percipitation. Im guessing by the percipitation being less, we will probably have more days available without rain, but we might be limited to 30 degree max weather.

What about a lunch at Northwoods? Or Chili's like turn said. For the anti issue, I will have to shoot some mail to the PR dept or something and ask.

NWI40cal

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Hammond
    So I am sending the message to chili's PR department and I would like input on how to change my message and wordings, if anyone wants to help me out.

"Hello, my name is Joshua Hopper. I have a few questions about Chili's policies.

I wanted to know what Chili's corporate stance is on the carry of a sidearm, for personal defense, in a Chili's establishment? The reason I ask is because I, (along with all of my friends) are law abiding, licenced citizens who like to exercise the use of the second amendment, and would like to have a small openly carried luncheon at Chili's in Hobart, IN.

By law with the state of Indiana, there is no specific way given to "have to carry", as in, it could be Openly carried, or Concealed, and my friends and I carry openly as it is our choice for many reasons.

While I do like chili's restaurants very much, I have to ask because I will not go where I am not welcome without personal defense for my family, or friends, and myself.

Thank you for the time to answer my question.

Sincerely,
    Joshua Hopper "

Anything else?

Hobie8

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Lake County
    Petie is appearing at The American Legion post in Crown Point...is that a "no gun zone"? Interesting that he only shows up at ONE location where he might encounter pro-gun people. I'd like to ask him if HIS security people are armed, and if so WHY? If he is appearing at "gun-free" locations, WHY does he need ARMED SECURITY? We all show up at the various meetings, lock handguns in vehicles, post one or two of us outside to keep an eye on the vehicles......OR we can open carry EMPTY HOLSTERS to make a point, but that also runs the risk of giving the anti-gunners a stroke. Just thought I'd throw it out there.....:patriot:

Hobie8

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Lake County
    His schedule is on the "Stand Up NWI" thread. Times and locations for the first day of appearances are there, but not the DAY.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Right on, when is this supposed to be at the legion post? You know, so long as it's not a gun free zone.

MEET PETE...
    Please Attend a Town Forum Meeting Near You
    (All times Central Standard Time unless otherwise noted)
    Saturday, January 10, 2009
    Lowell - 10:30 A.M., Lowell Town Hall, 501 E. Main St.

St. John -
    12:30 P.M., St. John Library, 9450 Wicker Ave. (U.S. 41)

Dyer -
    2:30 P.M., Dyer Town Hall, One Town Square

Crown Point -
    4:30 P.M., American Legion Post 20, 1401 N. Main St.

Merrillville -
    6:30 P.M., Merrillville Town Hall, 7820 Broadway

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Gary -
    2:00 P.M., Gary Public Safety Center, 555 Polk St.

East Chicago -
    4:00 P.M., East Chicago City Hall, 4625 Indianapolis Blvd.

Monday, January 12, 2009

Benton County -
    9:30 A.M. EST, Benton County Public Library, 102 N. Van Buren Ave., Fowler

Newton County -
    10:30 A.M., Newton County Government Center, 4117 S. 240 W., Morocco

Rensselaer -
    12:30 P.M., Rensselaer City Hall, 122 S. Van Rensselaer St.

Demotte -
    2:30 P.M., Robert A. Fase Education and Senior Center, 11978 N. 600 W.

Hebron -
    4:30 P.M., Hebron Public Library, 201 W. Sigler St.

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Valparaiso -
    10:00 A.M., Valparaiso City Hall, 166 Lincolnway

Chesterton -
    12:00 P.M., Westchester Public Library Service Center, 100 W. Indiana Ave.

Portage -
    2:00 P.M., Portage City Hall, 6070 W. Central Ave.

Lake Station -
    4:00 P.M., Lake Station-New Chicago Library, 2007 Central Ave.

Gary -
    6:00 P.M., Gary Public Library, Wildermuth Branch, 501 S. Lake St.

Friday, January 16, 2009

Whiting -
    10:00 A.M., Whiting Public Library, 1735 Oliver St.

Hammond -
    12:00 P.M., Purdue University Calumet, Student Union Rm. 150, 173rd St. North Entrance

Highland
    - 2:00 P.M., Lincoln Center, 2450 Lincoln St.

Griffith -
    4:00 P.M., Griffith Town Hall, 111 N. Broad St.

Hobart -
    6:00 P.M., Hobart City Hall, 414 Main St.

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Munster -
    9:30 A.M., Munster Library, 8701 Calumet Ave.

Hammond -
    11:30 A.M., Hammond Public Library, 564 State St.

NWI40cal

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Hammond
    Sure I supose we could do 03 Jan 09 at say.. noon? 1?

I still need input on my chili's letter and maybe we can set up the next one there. Sweet, a possible location for a Feb. open carry event.

Anyone want to put any plans after the lunch, like a NWI INGOers shoot? or maybe going to Wal-mart for a giant ammo run? Is the gun show in town?

Just so everyone knows, The solid plans will be listed in my original post.

Anyone else good for Januanry 3rd at noon or one? COME ON MELENSDAD!

Shall I start another thread announcing solid info?

Last edited:

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Honestly I suggest just showing up rather than an email that may get answered by someone who has no idea but just happens to be anti.

Then schedule a nearby backup location in case of them asking us to leave. Same way we did it for IHOP.

I doubt Chili's or Northwoods will turn away a dozen+ customers in this slowing economy.

FYI I have open carried into chili's in PA, Mishiwaka and one of the ones around here before, never had them say anything. Also I know several people who OC in VA chili's all the time.

Chili's are mostly franchises. Nothing can be gained by emailing corporate at this point. IMO anyway.

I'm down for next Saturday and so is the wife. Actually she asked if she can OC her new sig... the 556p. I don't think we'll have the right thigh rig by then however :laugh:

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    WHAT?! A 556?! I MUST SEE THIS!!!! I'm glad we've heard from you, no NWI OC event would be proper without Prometheus and his wife.

Top Bottom