• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    heres some advice, if you fine one you like...buy it, dont wait, it it sells you never know when they will get another one, we placed a order last week for 20 guns, they (kimber) said ok you'll be waiting 6 months..we've had a 22 rimfire on order for 2 years now....and have had 1 solo

the ups delivery is like christmas, did santa bring us one of our back orderd kimbers?

Ryninger

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Newburgh
    If you find one you like in stock buy it! They can be hard to find...

I've had two. A plain Jane Custom II, I miss it dearly and have tracked it down and told current owner I'd buy it in a heartbeat if he ever sells it.

Also had a PRO CDPII, felt it was overpriced for what it was. Fit and finish was under par for price. Ejector pin broke first time out and I had to pay shipping. That experience and gun turned me sour. I sold it and haven't looked back. I doubt I buy another Kimber unless it's my first one back again. Ever since ownership shifted a few years ago quality has taken a hit in comparison to previous years.

If you are wanting a Kimber to own a Kimber then buy all means get one! They make a nice firearm. That being said you can get more from your dollar from other manufacturers... :ingo:

Bonez87

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    Clinton, IN
    Ive had about 4 or so different kimber models, including the custom II, and they were all great guns. No malfunctions of any kind! You wont regret getting a Kimber!

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I bought a Kimber CC last year and it's really served me well. It was my first 1911. Taked down's not that bad--(been able to avoid the idiot scratch so far.) It shoots well--a couple FTE's/FTF's during the first 50 rounds or so, but none since. I really like it and have no reservations recommending one to you.

PAPASHOT357

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2011
    NWI
    Ultra CDP II

I own only one Kimber (ultra CDP II) that have carried everyday for about 2 years and I love it. I never thought in a million years such a short barrel could be so accurate. It still draws a crowd every time i fire it at the range because it is LOUD!!!!!! Just last week had a guy one lane over firing a .44 mag stop and come over to see what i was shooting (I took a second from breaking in my new Kahr p380 to enjoy some .45 time). As far as the take down pin it was pretty simple to use and I have seen utube videos of people taking the gun apart with out using them, and if you do prefer to use it and lose one a paperclip works just as good.

jl-scott

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2011
    Thanks for all the tips and comments everybody. I think I'm going for a black one and then add the rosewood grips, I seen one in this thread and it looks very sharp! It will be fun compairing it with my older 4" XD. Metal frame vs. plastic frame. Stay cool everyone! ;)

Evermoore

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I purchased a Pro Carry II a little over a week ago and finally got out to shoot it yesterday.. Shot great. I am not a fan of the stock grips so those will be changed but other then that I couldn't be happier.. :D

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    ok all my father in law has one and it needs the take down wire. me and him spent an hour with and still have no idea how to take it apart. as bad as i feel about looking at it for an hour and not figuring it out. he has had it for years and has never taken the barrel out. please some explain how.

This is not intended as a flame what so ever, but you are posting on the internet right now. Google it next time. You could find your answer in less than 5 minutes rather than fumble around trying to get it for an hour.

Just my 2 cents.

Evermoore

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I purchased a Pro Carry II a little over a week ago and finally got out to shoot it yesterday.. Shot great. I am not a fan of the stock grips so those will be changed but other then that I couldn't be happier.. :D

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIqFtk1yMQU[/ame] Here ya go.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I carry mine a lot and the rosewood grips are getting banged up but they can be replaced. I suppose at some time I could get the whole thing refinished.

kimber2px3.jpg

Billy Bob Chubb

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    You get what you pay for. I bought an Eclipse Custom II yesterday. I'd never shot a .45 before. This is 28 rounds from 40 feet...only two hits outside of a 2 inch circle.

photo2-11.jpg

photo1-1.jpg

photo2-12.jpg

jl-scott

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2011
    NHT3...I can't post a message to you because I haven't post enough yet. Can you send me another email message with a email address I can reply to? Thanks!

Top Bottom