• ...and so much more!
  • Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    How do you take it apart. I think it's a PITA! :rolleyes:

Push the recoil spring and the end cap thing down and turn the end to my left, remove spring and spring cap. Line up holes on frame/slide, pop slid stop out, slide the slide off the frame.

On the slide at the business end of the barrel, turn the face all the way to my right and slide that and the barrel out.

Should I make a video?

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    As for a "tip"; Don't scratch it. :D

This one is my favorite;

IMG_1996.jpg

Yeah, I did that. :D

cexshun

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2012
    Portage
    I love my Kimber Tactical Pro II.

I bought it used and had major issues right off the bat. FTF with at least 1 round in every mag. Replaced the recoil and hammer springs with Wolff. The extractor was extremely tight. I removed the slide, placed a round in the extractor, and shook the crap out of it. The round stayed seated in the extractor. 5 minutes of hand bending got everything in ship shape.

Not sure if it was like this from the factory or if the previous owner just didn't take care of it. Working great now.

cexshun

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2012
    Portage
    Sounds like faulty mag...glad its working now

That was my first thought. However, it occurred on the included factory mag and 2 NIB Wilson Combat mags. Since the round count on the pistol is unknown, the spring replacement probably needed to be done anyway. But I'm leaning heavily to an over tight extractor being the culprit.

The round would chamber, but the slide would not fully close leaving about 1/8 an inch gap. A little tap on the back with my palm and it would close.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I should replace my recoil spring, not sure on round count

Don't go by round count. Go by the condition (length) of the spring. If it's noticeably shorter than a new spring, change it.

Some 5 inch guns will function nicely essentially forever on the same spring. Some short slide guns will need to have them changed frequently.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I got my stainless II running 100% as well as my old LTPII.

Just put a new main spring in the LTPII.

Got an ed brown hardcore slide stop, 17.5 varible wolff recoil spring, and wolff plunger spring. Seems to have done the trick, as nothing I can do will make it hickup now, and it doesn't care what magazine or what ammo you use.

I really over did it with tracking down the issue. The slide stop was obviously the issue as the factory one was sloppy, and had a tendency to flop around.

Last edited:

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Don't go by round count. Go by the condition (length) of the spring. If it's noticeably shorter than a new spring, change it.

Some 5 inch guns will function nicely essentially forever on the same spring. Some short slide guns will need to have them changed frequently.

I'd still want to change mine and call it a day...anybody have experience with Wilson combat extended slide release? Yay? Nay?

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I'd still want to change mine and call it a day...anybody have experience with Wilson combat extended slide release? Yay? Nay?

Nothing wrong with changin' 'em more often than you need (assuming the replacement is as good or better quality and is close to the weight rating on the package).

Extended slide releases don't really serve much of a purpose that I can see.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    I put one on a doublestack 1911 I had. Felt like I was having to reach farther for it than I was used to. Felt better after I changed it. Could have all been mental, too.

Plus once you change it you can call your gun a "semi-custom."

mjblazor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 28, 2011
    I shot two kimbers both with reliability issues at the time i shot them. I heard the Solo has/had issues as well? I won't hold that against them cuz I may get one someday but it does make the point that no gun is without issues on a large scale. I have a kahr cm9 that is absolutely flawless but others have had probs out of box.

Top Bottom