• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    well it pissed me off when i heard and the guy said it like it was a confirmed fact...people are annoying...guess i should have none when he said he wanted to get his wife a semi auto 22 for home defense..tried to talk him out of this but told him i would check into the lifetime ltch thing....did not expect the response i got....:facepalm:
    Where do you people keep hearing this from? Gets kind of old.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    picard-facepalm.jpg

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure you lose your lifetime LTCH when you die. The state will not let you renew it. It's not like being able to continue voting after you die.

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    ,I am not asking about mine but the question is about whether they are going to continue to be offered... **** it
    I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure you lose your lifetime LTCH when you die. The state will not let you renew it. It's not like being able to continue voting after you die.

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    hop, i guess i should be more informed but i did not pay attention to ltch process after i got mine for life...i need to get my wife one...i understand mine is never going away till i croak but i did not know if they would be available after the first of the year for new applications...most of my gun friends are hunters and they always say to me that they are going to get their lifetime ltch...which they call permit and will get you crucified for saying on ingo...the hunters know, understand, and remind me that the lifetime hunter's license is not available and is no longer offered...that is the context for my question...my apologies for the question..i just wanted a quick answer ....
    You were serious??? I thought you were trying to make a funny. My bad.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    hop, i guess i should be more informed but i did not pay attention to ltch process after i got mine for life...i need to get my wife one...i understand mine is never going away till i croak but i did not know if they would be available after the first of the year for new applications...most of my gun friends are hunters and they always say to me that they are going to get their lifetime ltch...which they call permit and will get you crucified for saying on ingo...the hunters know, understand, and remind me that the lifetime hunter's license is not available and is no longer offered...that is the context for my question...my apologies for the question..i just wanted a quick answer ....

When the lifetime hunters permit went away, they had notice. If this actually happens, I'm sure there will be posts with links to articles, interviews, etc. Right now, there is no evidence that it's going to happen, but I tell everyone to stop procrastinating and take care of business by submitting their applications.

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    runner up

Que. thanks for the response...i was kicking myself for not being up on this issue..i kind of feel bad for not taking care of this for my wife in the event that i do die...my wife does not carry but I am going to change that..she works at a hospital and cannot carry loaded in her car (dont know the legality of this policy) but rides through some rough areas on the way home...
    When the lifetime hunters permit went away, they had notice. If this actually happens, I'm sure there will be posts with links to articles, interviews, etc. Right now, there is no evidence that it's going to happen, but I tell everyone to stop procrastinating and take care of business by submitting their applications.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I didn't bother reading the thread but I take it the Lifetime LTCH going away?!

I need to get this info out to my buds at the gun shop pronto.

Be back later.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Que. thanks for the response...i was kicking myself for not being up on this issue..i kind of feel bad for not taking care of this for my wife in the event that i do die...my wife does not carry but I am going to change that..she works at a hospital and cannot carry loaded in her car (dont know the legality of this policy) but rides through some rough areas on the way home...

Man, none of us can know everything, that's why we ask questions. I don't think anyone meant any harm in this thread, but this seems to be a rumor that comes up ever couple of months. I was in a shop last week and heard the same thing, but just ignored it.

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    thanks...i wouldnt even know where to look but on here to to find out...i think people are misinterpreting my question as if i dont understand that my lifetime ltch is valid till i die...i wanted to know if they were still available for new applications....i had not seen any threads on this but i am assuming that there are lots of them based on the responses in this thread...some guy comes up to me today at church and says he wanted to get a gun for his wife because the lifetime ltch were going away 12/31/2012 and you would have to renew them every few years...he said it like it was a forgone conclusion ...i told him that the period for non lifetime was 5 to my knowledge and I had not heard that they were going away...much to my sorry I promised i would check into it for him....not taking it personally but dont like being mocked for asking a question...gives me butthurt.
    Man, none of us can know everything, that's why we ask questions. I don't think anyone meant any harm in this thread, but this seems to be a rumor that comes up ever couple of months. I was in a shop last week and heard the same thing, but just ignored it.

Top Bottom