• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Water63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    West Central IN
    OK I started one of these threads about 6 months ago. Since that time I have heard that the Lifetime LTCH is going away soon from several different sources. I have heard it from a few sheriffs deputies I have heard it at a few gun shows from dealers and most recently from a relative in southern Indiana that heard it from a local gun shop. Unfortunately it is a bad rumor floating around maybe we need to make a sticky about it.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    OK I started one of these threads about 6 months ago. Since that time I have heard that the Lifetime LTCH is going away soon from several different sources. I have heard it from a few sheriffs deputies I have heard it at a few gun shows from dealers and most recently from a relative in southern Indiana that heard it from a local gun shop. Unfortunately it is a bad rumor floating around maybe we need to make a sticky about it.

Stop listening and start paying attention to the laws that start down the pipeline.:ingo:

The next time you get a dumb :poop: that states it's going away, tell them to cite the IC or put up and shut up.:stickpoke:

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    I heard this rumor from the lady at the city-county building that fingerprinted me, for my LTCH, several years ago. She said that 2 people had been in to get their LTCH and told her, needless to say, she hadn't heard anything about it.

It was heard on the interwebs or LGS......so it must be true.:rolleyes: :nailbite: :nopity:

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I heard it no less than 5 times at Bradis on Friday and twice at PSS, all from customers.

I did witness a Bradis employee tell someone who had just purchased a new pistol that they couldn't take possession of it without a "permit". The employee required the purchaser's husband present his LTCH and would only allow him take possession the pistol that she had purchased. :n00b:

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    I heard it no less than 5 times at Bradis on Friday and twice at PSS, all from customers.

I did witness a Bradis employee tell someone who had just purchased a new pistol that they couldn't take possession of it without a "permit". The employee required the purchaser's husband present his LTCH and would only allow him take possession the pistol that she had purchased. :n00b:

Straw purchase?!?

:n00b:

gklatv

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2009
    Just a week left till 2013.
    Not much can be done a this point anyway, so lets just try relaxing a bit and wait to see what happens. We can fight our fights the other day...
    Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year everybody!

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    Definitely not. Just a misinformed employee.

Oh I get that the employee was struck with the idiot stick for that, but the woman purchased it, her name on the 4473, and the employee wouldn't allow her to take it, but had her husband with a Larry take possession of the firearm?

I know a straw purchase is if it's for someone who can't own one, but how is that not walking along the knife edge of the law?

I hope that someone slapped (figuratively, well, maybe literally) them around and corrected that. We don't need gun shop employees doing stupid stuff like that.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Oh I get that the employee was struck with the idiot stick for that, but the woman purchased it, her name on the 4473, and the employee wouldn't allow her to take it, but had her husband with a Larry take possession of the firearm?

I know a straw purchase is if it's for someone who can't own one, but how is that not walking along the knife edge of the law?

I hope that someone slapped (figuratively, well, maybe literally) them around and corrected that. We don't need gun shop employees doing stupid stuff like that.

Well, on the very same trip I heard our resident Bradis representative shooter521 tell a customer that while he was happy to see his LTCH, it was not necessary for the purchase. I'm certain the previously mentioned occurrence was one employee's misunderstanding and not the common practice of the shop.

As for the potential "straw purchase", fortunately for the shop in this case I know it was legit. The customers were relatives of mine and one is a LEO.

Top Bottom