• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    i think people are misinterpreting my question as if i dont understand that my lifetime ltch is valid till i die...
    Actually, assuming many things such as the Democrats seizing control of both houses of the General Assembly and the Governor's chair and then deciding to go scorched earth on all of the gains we've made in firearms law so far, it's unlikely that they would, in the same bill that repeals the lifetime LTCHes, leave existing lifetime LTCHes operatively unaltered. Most charitably, I would expect them to transmute all existing lifetime LTCHes into brand new 4 year LTCHes with a term starting on the date the repeal law goes into effect. I could also see them just terminating all existing lifetime LTCHes requiring all lifetime LTCH holders to immediately reapply for 4 year LTCHes. Or, they could go somewhere in between. All lifetime LTCHes transmute to 4 year LTCHes as if they started that term on the same date as they did as lifetime LTCHes, which means all lifetime LTCHes 4 years and older would terminate while lifetime LTCHes less than 4 years old would still be good for the difference.

Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    As I understand if you ever move out of state it is suspended. If you move back in state your lifetime license can be reissued for a fee, around $20. I know it's a bit off topic, but the only way I have heard a legal person loses a lifetime license.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    As I understand if you ever move out of state it is suspended. If you move back in state your lifetime license can be reissued for a fee, around $20. I know it's a bit off topic, but the only way I have heard a legal person loses a lifetime license.

If I could find it, I'd quote the IC for you.

If you move out of state, your license can be deactivated, not suspended. If you then move back to IN, you can contact the ISP and have them reinstate your license. There is no fee for this IIRC.

And a legal person can lose a lifetime license for several things as codified in IC 35-47-2.

Having your license suspended indicates that you are no longer allowed to carry a handgun due to some breach of the law. Having it deactivated means that it's still a legal license that can be used again.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    well it pissed me off when i heard and the guy said it like it was a confirmed fact...people are annoying...guess i should have none when he said he wanted to get his wife a semi auto 22 for home defense..tried to talk him out of this but told him i would check into the lifetime ltch thing....did not expect the response i got....:facepalm:

Well, you got that right.

You've been on INGO for over two years and posted over a thousand messages and still had the gall to ask this? I mean, think about it, INGO goes nuts over hypothetical changes to the law (e.g. "gun grab" thread) and somehow you think maybe INGO just missed this one?

Good grief.

BowhuntnHoosier

Angry Old Conservative Fart
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Terre Haute
    This is just crazy. I was told yesterday by two coworkers that they guarantee Jan 1 no more lifetime license. My wife has a 4 year she is getting ready to up to lifetime. She can do it anytime now but I am purposefully having her wait til next year to update. Gets very very old. These guys are so positive its ending. Can't wait to prove them wrong.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    When the lifetime hunters permit went away, they had notice. If this actually happens, I'm sure there will be posts with links to articles, interviews, etc. Right now, there is no evidence that it's going to happen, but I tell everyone to stop procrastinating and take care of business by submitting their applications.

Yep, I have a few more days to be within the 1 year period before my current LTCH expires and then I will be filing renewal as a lifetime. I'm not going to procrastinate on it any longer.

Hey Guys, I heard the Lifetime Marriage License is going away Dec 31st!!!:lmfao:

They want you to get remarried every year to "stimulate the economy"!!!

This is one time I wish that a law would be retroactive and rescind licenses that are already in effect.;)

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    I doesn't matter if the lifetime Larry is going away, we're supposed to have an apocalypse today anyway, so they're all going to expire.

(Do I really need the purple?)

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Is this true? i mean ltch not a permit...just shoot me ...the ltch that gives me permission by the government to carry a loaded handgun outside the home...

Yes, the Indiana lifetime LTCH is being revoked and anyone who has one will have to pay a $250 fine for having had one in the first place.

Mrkeller

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2010
    Greensburg
    Oh dear jesus, why is this thread still alive. Maybe we should sticky a thread that only mods can post in to keep up on the status of the lifetime license.

Top Bottom