• ...and so much more!
  • miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Afghan soldier kills two U.S. soldiers - UPI.com

This may be unpopular and certainly isn't rational, but after reading this news, I'd like the United States to:

1. Withdraw all forces from Afghanistan

2. Put a B-52 in the air with a nuke and take out Kabul. I mean drop that mofo downtown in broad daylight, Major Kong style.

3. Send a cable to all foreign governments we are not allied with that reads as follows: "Any questions?"

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    They have only managed to kill military combatants, why would you want to kill innocent people?

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009

This may be unpopular and certainly isn't rational, but after reading this news, I'd like the United States to:

2. Put a B-52 in the air with a nuke and take out Kabul. I mean drop that mofo downtown in broad daylight, Major Kong style.

3. Send a cable to all foreign governments [STRIKE]we are not allied with [/STRIKE]that reads as follows: "Any questions?"

FTFY

This should have been our response in Iraq as well.

They have only managed to kill military combatants, why would you want to kill innocent people?

War is hell and no one who harbors the enemy is innocent.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T

That's a fair question.

I suppose, intellectually, I believe rational responses to problems do not seem to be recognized or accepted by these people, therefore we ought to respond in a way they do understand: with unhinged fanaticism.

Unlike a football team that insist on playing a Tampa 2 defense because it's "their system", I'm more of a fan of a foreign policy that conforms to the rules the other team wants to play by.

What's the old saying? "You want it bad, so you get it bad"

fullmetaljesus

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    FTFY

This should have been our response in Iraq as well.

War is hell and no one who harbors the enemy is innocent.

the part you fixed. about sending the message to every one. Well that would move to tip the balance of power, Then the rest of the world would gang up on us. We may be a "World super power" but we can't over power the world.

A child who knows nothing of harboring any one for any reason from any one, is innocent. You also forget about the men and women who just want to live out their lives, they want nothing to do with harboring any one enemy. They merely want to carve out a little life for themselves and their family.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    the part you fixed. about sending the message to every one. Well that would move to tip the balance of power, Then the rest of the world would gang up on us. We may be a "World super power" but we can't over power the world.

It's not about being a Super Power, and it's not about today's allies. 230 years ago we were at war with Great Britain, arguably our closest ally today. It's about sending a clear and concise message that if you **** with us we will destroy you. It's about making everyone know in the depths of their hearts we are not to be trifled with. Only then do you have peace through strength.

I don't care if they don't **** with us out of respect or because of fear. I don't want them to **** with us at all.

A child who knows nothing of harboring any one for any reason from any one, is innocent. You also forget about the men and women who just want to live out their lives, they want nothing to do with harboring any one enemy. They merely want to carve out a little life for themselves and their family.

I don't forget about the men and women that just want to live out their lives. But there has to be an unimaginable price, so severe a penalty that they do not want to see us coming and will do all within their collective power to ensure that they act right. War is hell. Hell shouldn't be sugarcoated.

Only 8% of Afghanis know what happened on 9/11

Most of these people have no clue what the hell we want from them.

Their ignorance is their problem.

Last edited:

fullmetaljesus

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    It's not about being a Super Power, and it's not about today's allies. 230 years ago we were at war with Great Britain, arguably our closest ally today. It's about sending a clear and concise message that if you **** with us we will destroy you. It's about making everyone know in the depths of their hearts we are not to be trifled with. Only then do you have peace through strength.

I don't care if they don't **** with us out of respect or because of fear. I don't want them to **** with us at all.

I don't forget about the men and women that just want to live out their lives. But there has to be an unimaginable price, so severe a penalty that they do not want to see us coming and will do all within their collective power to ensure that they act right. War is hell. Hell shouldn't be sugarcoated.

Their ignorance is their problem.

You and I come from 2 very different worlds (figuratively speaking)

We have showed the world that if you **** with us, we will attack the country near you and remove the dictator in power while occupying your country for far longer than we need to. it makes us look like fools. it makes them hate us not fear us. We only invite further threat.

We wont come to an agreement. I respect and understand your position, but like I said, we come from different worlds you and I.

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    War means fighting. The business of the soldier is to fight. Armies are not called out to dig trenches, to live in camps, but to find the enemy and strike him; to invade his country, and do him all possible damage in the shortest possible time. This will involve great destruction of life and property while it lasts; but such a war will of necessity be of brief continuance, and so would be an economy of life and property in the end.
    -Jackson

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    You and I come from 2 very different worlds (figuratively speaking)

We have showed the world that if you **** with us, we will attack the country near you and remove the dictator in power while occupying your country for far longer than we need to. it makes us look like fools. it makes them hate us not fear us. We only invite further threat.

We wont come to an agreement. I respect and understand your position, but like I said, we come from different worlds you and I.

I didn't say our current implementation isn't absolutely flawed. It is. I am discussing a perfect world where no one wants to go to war with you out of respect or fear. Or both. A world where war does not exist because it is not to anyone's benefit, especially those that know we will wipe them off the face of the planet.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Whenever we're contemplating engaging in a war, we should ask ourselves one question, answer it honestly, and then do it. That question is...

What would Attila do?

wizard_of_ahs

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Terre Haute
    Teddyroosevelt-t-big-stick-cartoon.jpg

sonofagun

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2011
    Bedford, IN

3. Send a cable to all foreign governments we are not allied with that reads as follows: "Any questions?"
    Why not send a letter of apology to the Afghani president for our participation in Koran burning?

fullmetaljesus

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Why should we?

Ok, you got one. I agree with you there.

however per their own doctrine, Burning is the proper way of disposing of the koran. the real thumb in the eye to them would be to drag one through the dirt or simply throw it into the trash.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    We would save lives, a lot of lives, if everyone understood that to provoke us means not only do they not win, but they suffer badly.

If you hold a child in front of you to shield you, and we shoot through that child to kill you, that child will die and it will be a tragedy. But many other children will live, because they will have lost all value as a human shield.

You have terrorists in your country. Give them up to us, or we're going to use force to get them out. If you are aiding them, stop and give them up, or you will no longer be in power. We'll violently overthrow your government, put you in a military prison, and sieze all your assets so your family will move out of the palace and into poverty.

Watch how fast we get left alone.

M1 carbine dad

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 16, 2010
    Danville
    Why should we?

I totally agree as well. It's a book people! I know it's a religious book and it's the word of God. But, if I open up a Koran and there's the name of the publishing house on the inside cover, it gives up a lot it's power.

Now, you want to burn the dead sea scrolls? Now we're going to go around and around.

The Army should say "oops, my bad" and move on. The President has been on a global apology tour since he took office. I can't believe that any heads of state even believe him. I bet they turn their heads and go :rolleyes:.

fullmetaljesus

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    I totally agree as well. It's a book people! I know it's a religious book and it's the word of God. But, if I open up a Koran and there's the name of the publishing house on the inside cover, it gives up a lot it's power.

Now, you want to burn the dead sea scrolls? Now we're going to go around and around.

The Army should say "oops, my bad" and move on. The President has been on a global apology tour since he took office. I can't believe that any heads of state even believe him. I bet they turn their heads and go :rolleyes:.

would you care if people burned the bible?

Top Bottom