GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Isn't that what we've done for 10 years?

They fight back, we kill them.
    They fight back, we kill them.
    New plan: They fight back, we kill them extra hard.
    Every bullet fired inspires someone else to resist the Americans.
    War for war's sake.

Americans would do the same thing if some super-power rolled tanks onto our soil.

There is no possible outcome in Afghanistan that could be construed as a "victory" for America. We've pissed away so much, and gained nothing.

I don't think Dross or SemperFi or J_wales are supporting the quagmire of nation building. If I read them correctly, rather than the tentative, politically correct, sensitive, manner way we've been conducting wars, we should only go when our interests are attacked or threatened; go in fast and with resolve; do what we have to do to get it over with as quickly as possible; and only help rebuild when the enemy truely surrenders.

I think many are finally realizing we cannot pick sides of every conflict. And we should mind our own business until they make it our business. And make sure they regret attacking us or supporting those who attacked us.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    I don't think Dross or SemperFi or J_wales are supporting the quagmire of nation building. If I read them correctly, rather than the tentative, politically correct, sensitive, manner way we've been conducting wars, we should only go when our interests are attacked or threatened; go in fast and with resolve; do what we have to do to get it over with as quickly as possible; and only help rebuild when the enemy truely surrenders.

I think many are finally realizing we cannot pick sides of every conflict. And we should mind our own business until they make it our business. And make sure they regret attacking us or supporting those who attacked us.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I want nothing to do with nation building. If we have to destroy them why the hell do we want to build them back up so we have to do it all over again?

Kaiser

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    lafayette area
    Afghan soldier kills two U.S. soldiers - UPI.com

This may be unpopular and certainly isn't rational, but after reading this news, I'd like the United States to:

1. Withdraw all forces from Afghanistan

2. Put a B-52 in the air with a nuke and take out Kabul. I mean drop that mofo downtown in broad daylight, Major Kong style.

3. Send a cable to all foreign governments we are not allied with that reads as follows: "Any questions?"

This is actually what I have said since the beginning of the ‘WAR’. We defeated the Germans and the Japanese by not worry about what anyone thought and by doing what was necessary to WIN the war. You cannot build a nation and create a democratic state where neither is wanted. I think it was Tim Burton who took the heat in the beginning by suggesting tactical nuclear weapons

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    It's not about being a Super Power, and it's not about today's allies. 230 years ago we were at war with Great Britain, arguably our closest ally today. It's about sending a clear and concise message that if you **** with us we will destroy you. It's about making everyone know in the depths of their hearts we are not to be trifled with. Only then do you have peace through strength.

I don't care if they don't **** with us out of respect or because of fear. I don't want them to **** with us at all.

I don't forget about the men and women that just want to live out their lives. But there has to be an unimaginable price, so severe a penalty that they do not want to see us coming and will do all within their collective power to ensure that they act right. War is hell. Hell shouldn't be sugarcoated.

Their ignorance is their problem.
    RIGHT ON !!! and SEMPER FI !!!!

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I admit, I was a "bring them freedom" guy. I still think it's right for everyone, I still think we have moral justification to free an enslaved people. I just think it's too much trouble.

Now my position is that we respond so fast and so hard and so "disproportionally" that we strike fear from Paris to Papua, and the World knows though we are the most benevolent world power in history, in fact, we invented it, our benovelence extends only until an American is killed. Then we unleash hell, and we don't care about fairness or proportion, or anything else.

I truly believe that if we were to do that, we would have groups forming to guard errant Americans lost in bad places, the world would be a safer and more peaceful place, and freedom would ring across the land faster than otherwise.

"Hey guys, we just want to trade and drink Cokes with you and listen to rock and roll and wear jeans with you. But if you mess with us, even a little, not only are we going to stomp your guts into the ground, but we're going to stomp your family, and your falafel stand, and your little dog Toto, too, if you have one which you don't, being that doggies are unclean according to your belief system."

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    One cannot bring freedom to one that is not willing to sacrifice their all for freedom.

Last edited:

insanemonkey

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Lake County
    I do think that people have the right to freedom. They should not have to worry about some idiot running their country killing their family for saying the wrong thing. But you can not force people to take responsibility for themselves. We see this same thing happening in America. People who are not willing to give what it takes for freedom.

We are trying to take a group of people who have settled for an abusive leaders and make them change their ways. We are trying to take groups of people and make them stop hating each other. Stuff like that takes generations to fix, not 10 years.

jb28

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Wow, really? Drop a bomb on them and kill all innocent men, women, and children. That's is exactly why you sir are not in charge of our military. Our job is to fight BAD GUYS, not kill civilians, I know it is an unfortunate result of warfare, but also it is to minimize the suffering of the innocents. Anyone who wants to kill all, in my opinion, harbors some other motivation. It saddens me to know that someone holds no regard for innocent lives....

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    We're fighting against a people that have no problem strapping bombs to their children and sending them off to die.

They need to be beaten decisively. Terror is what they understand. If you're trying to teach someone a lesson, you need to put it to them in a way they'll understand it. Anything less is a waste of time, effort, and in this case American lives.

jb28

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    We're fighting against a people that have no problem strapping bombs to their children and sending them off to die.

We are fighting some people who no regard for human lives. Again, that is sad, but there are the most who don't feel that way. And yes some tactics are futile against those who just simply don't care, which simply results in our soldiers losing their lives. The real tragedy is that they have died not for our freedom but for alot of people who simply don't give a damn, and will be fighting and killing themselves once we leave anyway. We have went the wrong way in fighting these people, ya I agree.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kostas25
    Top Bottom