• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    We're fighting against a people that have no problem strapping bombs to their children and sending them off to die.

They need to be beaten decisively. Terror is what they understand. If you're trying to teach someone a lesson, you need to put it to them in a way they'll understand it. Anything less is a waste of time, effort, and in this case American lives.

We need to commit a 9/11-style attack on Afghanistan to make them understand.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I'm not sure I understand..Are we suppossed to fight the good guys? Or are you saying we are fighting the wrong people?

The problem jb28 is you are using a different set of "good guy'/"bad buy" and different set of beliefs/values than those on the other side of the world are. Until both parties use the same "set of values" (never gonna happen see: palestine vs irseal conflict for hundreds of years now) the fight will continue.

SemperFiUSMC thinking as a "solider" is advocating what he has been trained/taught to do. When do you stop shooting? When the threat is no more? When will the threat from the "other side" be over? When you have eliminated every last one of them (looking at it from a solider's point of view).

It's no different that when you have a mouse/ant/roach infestation in the house. When do you stop? When you have killed them all and made it un-habitable for them to continue to live.

Yes that is a crude way of comparing a human life to a lower animal but that is the persepective that some are coming from.

We conitnue our fighting and it will continue for hundreds of years just like in jeruslum. It will never end since we (humans) are using 2 different set of beliefs/values.

-Jedi

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    We need to commit a 9/11-style attack on Afghanistan to make them understand.

They attacked us, remember?

No matter what else, we can't go back in time and unstart the fight. It's too late for that. They strap bombs to their children and send them to die killing our people. They're never going to be our friends. As much as I believe in minding our own business, the fight's already on and we need to win violently and decisively as a lesson to the rest of the world on what happens when you attack America.

Anything less ensures continued attacks on our people.

dhnorris

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    hidden in a wall of mud
    perhaps we should leave and let them destroy the water, power and sewage plants because they are too "modern" (they already did this once) there is no need to "nuke them back to the stone age" they'll be there in three years if we just leave. Maybe we should just announce to the world if another american city is attacked mecca disappears and if they do it again medina is gone. Our leaders are fools to think we will suceed where the british did not.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    They attacked us, remember?

I dont .... i remember most of the terrorists that attacked us being from a certain other country. I cant remember if ANY were from Afghan

Im not sure what we want out of/from Afghanistan, granted i havent read these 7 pages of great intilectual discussion though

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I dont .... i remember most of the terrorists that attacked us being from a certain other country. I cant remember if ANY were from Afghan

Im not sure what we want out of/from Afghanistan, granted i havent read these 7 pages of great intilectual discussion though

Do you not recall those responsible for attacking us being protected by the country of Afghanistan? I do.

All I want is them smashed into oblivion and scared of us ever coming back.

csaws

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Morgan County
    You and I come from 2 very different worlds (figuratively speaking)

We have showed the world that if you **** with us, we will attack the country near you and remove the dictator in power while occupying your country for far longer than we need to. it makes us look like fools. it makes them hate us not fear us. We only invite further threat.

We wont come to an agreement. I respect and understand your position, but like I said, we come from different worlds you and I.

This isn't what was being discussed; what was being discussed is two nukes into Japan to show the world they should back down kind of kick @r$e we used to bring before a bunch of libtards made our country so PC we can't say poop and it not offend someone. Unfortunately it is likely those days are all gone todays generations are nothing like the ones that dropped big bombs to shut people up.

As an FYI I am 37 and most of my generation sucks too.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    Do you not recall those responsible for attacking us being protected by the country of Afghanistan? I do.

The people that attacked us all died during the attack, as far as I know. They were holed up here, in the United States, obviously, they stepped from our soil onto the planes. Is our country responsible for protecting the people who attacked us? Should every American be subject to violence or death because the people who attacked us lived in our country, under our protection? No, I don't think so.

I don't understand holding an entire country, especially one as large as Afghanistan, responsible for the actions of some foreigners who are holding up there. Go in, get the people responsible for organizing the attack, and get out before the general population feels as though they are being occupied. Occupations are nasty, difficult things.

tatic05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    The way I see it, there will ALWAYS be war. If not with Afghan then someone else. Its just the way things work in this world, we have so many different religions and beliefs that it will never be a peaceful world.

I dont know if bringing back the "Manhattan Project", is the answer like some people want it to be, but something does need done and its all in due time. Who knows maybe this next presidential election could have an impact on the next course of action.

We went from Iraq to Afghan, so who is next, and will it be us that is involved? Yes i know many places before that...:patriot:

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Looks like two more Americans were killed over there.

Waiting for an apology that will never come.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I've been told myself by an Arab Muslim that the vast majority of Muslims agree with the terrorists who act against us, they just disagree that the time is right for it, or whether it was a wise strategy. They agree in principle that it was reasonable and justified, just not on whether it was a good idea.

That's why the very few "apologies" that have been issued are of the non-apology type, and often sound like an apology that means we deserved it.

Not that he has any more of an accurate picture than anyone else.

Top Bottom