• ...and so much more!
  • ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I have an Appleseed event scheduled for that weekend, else I'd be there.

Mercop puts on a great class!

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    George, help me to understand. It can be hard to get a feel for something from a short video clip. What I am seeing here is when being confronted by an aggressively approaching unknown contact we use two hands to draw our gun and rapidly back peddle. The best that can happen is like in the scenario and the attacker also retreats while firing blindly. In this case we will hope he misses and that our superior marksmanship will win the day. Just as likely is that said attacker will continue his forward drive, things can get pretty bad from here. No matter how fast we back peddle, we can't outrun his bullets, or probably not his knife or club. We have done nothing to get out of the line of attack. Another problem is with both of our hands down at our waistline it is exceedingly easy for him to foul our draw either on purpose, or by the club to the head. That of course assumes we stay on our feet and don't fall over while back peddling like happens time and again in both FOF and real life.

Clearly distance at the point of confrontation comes into play here, and maybe that is where I am not jiving. Perhaps you intended this for more medium range encounters instead of two arms length. I still don't like the back peddling, but it does open up the options a little more.

Last edited:

mercop

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    PA
    Actually it is just showing the difference between what most people do and what we are trying to do. I believe there is a huge need to take physical control of someone if they are unarmed and with you. When people rush to get two hands on the gun, they seldom take one off. This means your wife and child is probably going to end up where you do not want them. Here is a clip of me doing the drill live fire. My reasoning is that you cannot afford a failed draw so I use two hands. The then support hand goes out to navigate or to take control of your loved one. You move sharply to your left, their right, because 93% of people are right handed, so you will be moving in a direction that makes it easier for you to track up, and at the same time makes it harder for them to track at all. When possible press the fight. Yes, I will be teaching this an much more. Hope this explanation and vid helps.

[video=youtube;zAaT0UjpttY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAaT0UjpttY[/video]

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    To hell with all that silly gun stuff, this is what you really need to learn as second nature from George:

[video=youtube_share;XrIkGDGN16s]http://youtu.be/XrIkGDGN16s[/video]

mercop

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    PA
    Oh yeah, forgot about that stuff:) Thanks Burl. Got some new and interesting open hand stuff this time around. I put a flyer together for the course, if anyone wants one to put up in gun shops or brothels let me know at mercop27@gmail.com and I will get it out to you.- George

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    ...and this...

Fighting with a drug store walking stick? You can't beat Master Ken!

[video=youtube;vW-1f0dTfX8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vW-1f0dTfX8&list=UUxrd1I7wmE2chwpoqD4DSTA&feature=c4-overview[/video]

Top Bottom