• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mercop

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    PA
    Thanks for the registrations guys. You should have got your confirmations. And to answer those who asked I am limiting it to 15. We are no where close to that so you have time to get in on this.- George

mercop

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    PA
    The Boss AKA Wife Lisa answers 717-889-1753 pretty much all the time. Most likely I would be the one with answers and I can be reached at 717-693-2085. If I don't answer i will call you right back.- George

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Mercop_

I have been shooting for years. Unfortunately I may have been doing a lot of it wrong. Even worse I am in a position now to realize that maybe I should be starting over.

It sounds like the class you are having might be above what I should start with. How advanced do you suggest for this? Last thing I want to do is be the slow kid in class holding everyone back because his new lasik eyes change his sight picture and he can't shoot weak hand at all any more.

Feel free to PM me if this is the wrong area for this post.

schapm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 26, 2009
    Lafayette
    Mercop_

I have been shooting for years. Unfortunately I may have been doing a lot of it wrong. Even worse I am in a position now to realize that maybe I should be starting over.

It sounds like the class you are having might be above what I should start with. How advanced do you suggest for this? Last thing I want to do is be the slow kid in class holding everyone back because his new lasik eyes change his sight picture and he can't shoot weak hand at all any more.

Feel free to PM me if this is the wrong area for this post.

I'm not Mercop but I've trained with him a couple times. Come to the class. The material is dirt simple, intuitive, and requires no pre-requisite skills. The first time I trained with MCS the only prior training I had had was a basic safety and marksmanship class. You will do fine.

Edit:
    When I say dirt simple I should probably say that George is such an excellent teacher that he makes sophisticated skills seem dirt simple.

Last edited:

sjstill

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indy (west)
    George is an excellent instructor. You don't move on (IIRC) until everyone gets it. I was one of the slow kids, I even remember some of the stuff after a couple years...lol

mercop

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    PA
    I am a slow kid so I present it so the other slow kids can understand it. Too many people take the simple and make it complex. All of this is very simple. If you carry a gun and can walk without assistance this course is for you, and I mean that, I can modify techniques for anyone. I make a point of this since the being vulnerable does not stop people from attacking you, it only increases the chances.

Part of my instructor credentials are several instructors courses and not just in firearms. I have taught at the police academy level, for the DOD, and of course MCS. Currently my day job is as a Program Instructor for Intellectually Disabled adults. Everyone one learns differently and I can teach anyone anything as long as I understand it first.

I do not have advanced classes, only advanced students.

- George

Last edited by a moderator:

mercop

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    PA
    If anyone has questions and wants to talk to me directly e-mail me your number or text at 717-693-2085 me? The reason for this is that my little one is special needs and sometimes it is hard for me to talk when I am home, but I will get right back to you.- George

Top Bottom