• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brian Ski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    15 years is a long time. As far as I know there isn't a single person at Midwest (besides the owner) who has been there for 15 years. It is likely that the Midwest of today is not nearly what you experienced 15 years ago. You should stop in sometime (even if you have no plans of buying anything). If I'm not busy, I'd love to chat with you. Just ask for Ryan.

Oh I completely agree, It was so long ago Midwest was located at the 100 center. I guess it is a mind set. If you go somewhere and are treated very badly and with cash in hand ignored until you give up and leave, How long would it take for you to go back??? I have been back a couple times, but it still sticks in the back of your mind.

I guess after that I had to find another dealer to handle Title II transfers, found one, great guy to deal with so I stayed with him.

ChalupaCabras

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    LaPorte / Kingsbury
    I've purchased at least a dozen guns from Midwest, and I still occasionally get ignored with money in hand.

They get busy. It happens. Sometimes they get 100 people in there, and its not possible for the clerks to help everyone in a timely fashion. Rather than get upset about it, I come back on another day. Its just the nature of the beast when you have a store that large. This is the new store.

The OLD store, yes, had some problems. I was flat out ignored in an otherwise empty store back then. None of those people work for that company anymore.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    I've been there and bought several firearms and accessories because I was in town. Never had an issue. Of course I didn't shop there 15 years ago...

Just like anything else, it's good to know what you want and what you are willing to pay ahead of time so you don't get into something you'll regret later. A lot of online auctions are like that...people get into the buying frenzy and go way beyond what a thing is worth.

Brian Ski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    I've purchased at least a dozen guns from Midwest, and I still occasionally get ignored with money in hand.

They get busy. It happens. Sometimes they get 100 people in there, and its not possible for the clerks to help everyone in a timely fashion. Rather than get upset about it, I come back on another day. Its just the nature of the beast when you have a store that large. This is the new store.

The OLD store, yes, had some problems. I was flat out ignored in an otherwise empty store back then. None of those people work for that company anymore.

Oh I agree a busy place I can deal with. As long as customer service it good. This store was empty... Maybe one other and it was clearly known that that had no intention of dealing with me. They were 3 standing around by the back just jawing. I was mid 20s at the time, coming off of work and probably looking rough. They had the look of I was wasting their time and they did not want me there. Sorry changing the direction of this thread, I guess just a sore spot with me. I guess that many years later you still remember the bad service.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    They have a couple other INGO guys in there but not sure what they go by. One guy said he would rather not give it out. That's cool, I'd would rather buy from Ryan who is a stand up guy and takes care of INGO members.

This ^^^^^^ :)

airrifle82

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 8, 2014
    northern indiana
    Midwest has it's share of douchers on staff, but some on their sales staff are great guys. The inventory alone is enough to overlook the bad. They do have great sales, but aren't afraid to gouge a little bit when they can. All in all I enjoy the place.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Midwest gave me my introduction to firearms at their range in Elkhart. When we were in there a few weeks ago and seeing what was what for budgeting the staff could not have been more helpful even though they knew a sale was not expected.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Midwest has it's share of douchers on staff, but some on their sales staff are great guys. The inventory alone is enough to overlook the bad. They do have great sales, but aren't afraid to gouge a little bit when they can. All in all I enjoy the place.

That is some kind of first post airrifle. Usually people at least say hello before the bashing starts, so let me be the first to say Hello and Welcome to INGO.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Midwest gave me my introduction to firearms at their range in Elkhart. When we were in there a few weeks ago and seeing what was what for budgeting the staff could not have been more helpful even though they knew a sale was not expected.

I will be at the Elkhart range tonight shooting with the Monday night group. It is from 6-8 and the cost is $15 for the two hours, targets and for working with Romaine Yoder. Shooters are welcome. We normally go through 100-200 rounds.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I was doing some running around today and stopped in here. Met Hoosierdood. He noticed my INGO shirt.

They did have a Kahr Thompson "Tommy gun" on sale for $885.00. I was real tempted. Then I was reminded of the Lay-a-way program. Just couldn't talk myself into it.

Service was good as usual.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I will be at the Elkhart range tonight shooting with the Monday night group. It is from 6-8 and the cost is $15 for the two hours, targets and for working with Romaine Yoder. Shooters are welcome. We normally go through 100-200 rounds.

I really need to do this. Maybe next Monday I can join you. Romaine is a great guy.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    I was doing some running around today and stopped in here. Met Hoosierdood. He noticed my INGO shirt.

They did have a Kahr Thompson "Tommy gun" on sale for $885.00. I was real tempted. Then I was reminded of the Lay-a-way program. Just couldn't talk myself into it.

Service was good as usual.
    It was good to meet you today. :ingo:

cmr13

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I need to stop in to Midwest someday soon. Maybe I'll be able to this Saturday, not sure. I've only ever been to the Midwest range. I might bring a friend along to look at carry pistols too.

copo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    nwi
    My wife banned me from there! Said I spend more on guns then her and the kids!!! Guess it didn't help I said the guns don't talk back to me like you and the kids. Lol

Top Bottom