5.56: 81 at $120.00 each, 58 on 11/15/2012, and 23 on 5/23/2013
    7.62: 2 at $138 each, one on 8/3/2006 and one on 12/11/2006

vitamink

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Another thing to consider, it takes about 5 of anything DRMOd to make 1 good one. About 2004 IPD got 5 zodiac boats, which is excessive until you see that it made 1 working zodiac and 4 20% zodiacs. It was nice because it was free to the police and being thrown away by the navy. It was used to recover firearms ditched in lakes in local murders. When you see a significant amount of one thing that one thing is usually crap. Even bags, packs, etc will be missing straps or covers. Anything that is listed as a "kit" will have half of the items if you're lucky.

vitamink

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Can't see your picture, but it's probably a drash or some other tent heater. The bounce house was probably given to CPS.

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    Can't see your picture, but it's probably a drash or some other tent heater. The bounce house was probably given to CPS.

Sorry I must have edited my post while you were posting. You should be able to see the picture now. The spaceheater price didn't seem so bad once I saw the quantity.

ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    Montgomery. 1 Pistol 1 rifle... we don't want to arm them too much, might be called upon to deal with the meth issues..... The farmers are better armed here.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    This stuff was all free to the agencies in question, it wasn't purchased for the listed prices.

Other than the armored vehicles, I really don't see much to question.

I think it is better to give the guns to PDs than just destroy them. It isn't like the PDs wouldn't have weapons otherwise. This just saves some of them some money.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I think it is better to give the guns to PDs than just destroy them. It isn't like the PDs wouldn't have weapons otherwise. This just saves some of them some money.

This is where a bureaucracy fails. If it was us, "Hey, I'm going to throw away this drill, you want it? OK."

Gov't:
    We have a drill, if you want it we need to:
    1. Complete a study that proves we no longer need this drill and promise to replace it with an American made drill.
    2. Complete a study that looks at the envornment impact of the drill.
    3. Verify that minorities have equal access to get this drill.
    4. Prove that no small businesses will be hurt by giving you the drill.
    5. Each year you need to complete an audit of the drill and how you used it.
    6. Prove that you have a valid use for the drill that won't adversely affect anyone's civil rights.
    7. Obtain three independent valuations of the drill.
    8. Provide training for all employees on the use and care of the drill. Annual refreshers are mandatory.
    9. Ensure that giving you this drill won't result in any loss of votes in the next election for the incumbent.

:rolleyes:

Every law, no matter how good intentioned (incl. Conservative) results in another layer of bureaucracy.

You know, I'm glad I work in the private sector. I'd hate to have INGO constantly watching me over me and second guessing everything I do.

vitamink

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    It won't, when the police are done with it, they have to call DRMO folks and have it chopped up into ferrous and non Ferrous bits.

Top Bottom