• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Thanks. Well that certainly was quite the bargain they got then.

The receiving department only pays shipping. The price listed is what the feds have depreciated it to, unless the program has radically changed since the 90's. I actually took the DRMO course for the promotion points. Yeah, its been about 20 years ago, but I still remember some things. Many things are not transferable, but some are. Weapons are not. Vehicles may or may not be, depending on the individual type of vehicle. Some items have to stay within gov't service, others can go to public auction. It all depends on how its classified. A lot of rural fire departments and forest fire fighters were stocked with military hand-me-downs. I would guess they still are.

My desk at work is military surplus. I also have a surplus rifle. Oh, and I also have some cold weather sock liners. I would suppose the desk and sock liners to be transferable as no one ever comes and counts them. However, I occasionally have to verify that I still have my rifle and let them document it.

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    Don't feel bad at least henry co. has a ice craem maker "soft serve".... lol , ice cream for $5,215.37 lmao
    IN
    HENRY
    ICE CREAM MAKER,SOFT SERVE,MECHANICALLY REFRIGERATED
    Each
    $5,216.37
    9/23/2013

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I'm assuming that since this is posted here, it is legit....but Fulton county only has 3 purchases in several years. am i missing something?

It is a decent reference, but I wouldn't put any cash bets on it being truly up to date. Not a word about the MRAP sitting in front of the cop shop in Terre Haute. Needless to say, i trust my eyeballs a lot further than I trust a list on the internet.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    I wish they worked with CAP and SDFs. would have alot more folks joining if you didn't have to worry about uniform and equipment costs

jwog27

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    do those prices apply for individual sales or do you have to buy in bulk for a whole department?

vitamink

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Those prices are what they paid for them originally. Police departments get everything for free. There is a DRMO pyramid that starts with other military branches, then to the alphabet agencies, then to police, then to fire then to civilian hands. Below is an example of how the process works.

Example:
    A new command tent comes along that is way easier to set up than the DRASH geodesic dome looking thing that requires a ton of people to set up. The Army complains about them all the time.

450x301_q75.jpg

They then give the thing to DRMO saying that it's old and it sucks. DRMO goes over to the marines and says, "hey, we got this cool ass tent if you want it". The marines reply, "we don't want your handmedown crap" and it moves along. They then post it for free to the FBI, ATF, ASAP, LMNOP etc and say, "check out this awesome tent, barely used!!!" Everyone replies, "meh" and it moves on down the chain to the police. Now the police look at it and say, "nope" and it moves down to the fire department. The fire department says, "we'll take 3 for hazmat decon and for an emergency on-site hospital"…DRMO replies, "you sure you only want 3? we have 7….thousand" The fire department says, "yep, 3." So 6997 Drash tents make it to the civilian market…and some A hole buys 1000 of them at $50.00 each, turns them into car ports and sells them for $700.00

hqdefault.jpg

vitamink

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Just mad that I didn't think of it first. Another guy bought up surplus water coolers, pulled out the cooling element and resold them back to the government for 100x the profit. You can scrap a m1101 trailer for more money than what you paid if you're lucky.

Top Bottom