• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vitamink

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    They audit us on occasion for tracking purposes. We do not need to provide a "reason" to get it. The vast majority of what we get ends up in an Army/Navy surplus store if we did not grab it.

Bottom line, if you want what we have, you can find it at the Army/Navy store.

Slightly incorrect, the guy "inspecting" the equipment for the department has to provide a reason for the acquisition on every acquisition. For the all black BDU recruit uniforms, they put "To be used as uniforms for police recruit training to maintain uniformity". All of that gets scrutinized by DRMO. There are Tiers for how DRMO gear is dolled out. Do you know the final scene in raiders of the lost ark? Thats smaller than some of the military surplus warehouses. If you check out government liquidation .com you can find anything that you could ever want. The difference between that and DRMO is that police can get some broken night vision and a few ARs from the 60s. You can't get an MRAP, but you can get mrap axels, frames, suspension, doors, windows, engines, bodies, etc etc etc. Find a guy from stout field or atterbury and BOOM you have an mrap for about 10,000.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    That thing is only worth the scrap value you can get out of it or the useable parts you can get.

Would you be so kind as to explain this. It seems to go along with your professional field of knowledge, but I can't make any such claim! :):

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Oh, I got distracted from what I had intended to post in the first place. This list seems to be a nice tool, but it is certainly not complete. For example, no mention is made of an MRAP being assigned to Vigo County, but I saw one parked at the cop shop.

vitamink

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    If anyone wants to 1 up me, you can buy this caiman MRap. You just have to find the cab and the troop carrier portion.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showth...b-Truck-Cat-C7-Allison-Trans-Auto-Inflate-etc

IndyDave, i think he might be commenting on the condition of the generator. IT's condition F. Know this though, you want to inspect everything that you're getting as an individuals idea of what condition A is varies. Often you'll find things listed as condition A as they just want to get rid of it and it's in bad shape. Other times you'll find things listed as condition F and find it to be flawless…the theory being that there is a new model out there and to get it they had to get rid of the old model and list it as not fiscally sound to repair.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Why would you say that? His works just fine.

I have an MEP-003a 10k surplus generator. It's 60 hz. The one you linked is 400 hz and useless for residential. The only reason if buy one is if I could get it dirt cheap for the engine parts.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia

You don't. You dismiss the claims of inept Gov't employees who can't follow simple instructions and drive to where a hummer is located and look at it. They did this to us with an armored vehicle a few years ago. They filed some paperwork claiming we lost it when it had been parked in the same spot four four years. It'll all come to an end soon enough, they've become increasingly demanding (unreasonably so) when it comes to the equipment and agencies have started backing off. I'm all for it turning in our equipment. After reading here on INGO I'm positive the taxpayers will be more than happy to pony up for 250 new AR15 rifles to replace the Gov't supplied rifles we've been using. At least they won't have come from the Feds so it'll be better to spend $250K on new rifles than the $1.800ea we paid to have the old ones shipped to us.

They also consider one of their rifles which was stolen in a residential burglary of a police officer's house to have been "lost".

Last edited:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    You don't. You dismiss the claims of inept Gov't employees who can't follow simple instructions and drive to where a hummer is located and look at it. They did this to us with an armored vehicle a few years ago. They filed some paperwork claiming we lost it when it had been parked in the same spot four four years. It'll all come to an end soon enough, they've become increasingly demanding (unreasonably so) when it comes to the equipment and agencies have started backing off. I'm all for it turning in our equipment. After reading here on INGO I'm positive the taxpayers will be more than happy to pony up for 250 new AR15 rifles to replace the Gov't supplied rifles we've been using. At least they won't have come from the Feds so it'll be better to spend $250K on new rifles than the $1.800ea we paid to have the old ones shipped to us.

They also consider one of their rifles which was stolen in a residential burglary of a police officer's house to have been "lost".

Here's the amazing government logic. We have a $1000 item we no longer use and we don't want to waste it so we hire hundreds or thousands of employees to staff drmo. We spend money to pass it along and we spend money each year to go out and count them. I wonder how many years it would take to cost more in administering drmo for each item than if they just went out and bought a new one?

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Ya got me. I didn't create the program but it has saved the citizens of Indianapolis hundreds of thousands of dollars. If you want to holler about federal spending this program will fall pretty low on the priority list. The feds pay lots of people for lots of things. Some of them work for the money, some of them don't.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD

Did they give him a statement of charges?

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Did they give him a statement of charges?

Not sure what you mean. We informed them of the theft as soon as we learned of it and according to their rules. They informed us shortly thereafter that our agency was suspended from the program for "losing" a rifle. Apparently their definition is different than ours.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Not sure what you mean. We informed them of the theft as soon as we learned of it and according to their rules. They informed us shortly thereafter that our agency was suspended from the program for "losing" a rifle. Apparently their definition is different than ours.

LOL, you know what statement of charges are. When you lose something in the military and they make you pay for it, lost or stolen doesn't matter. During layouts and inspections especially, you had to watch your stuff like a hawk!

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    LOL, you know what statement of charges are. When you lose something in the military and they make you pay for it, lost or stolen doesn't matter. During layouts and inspections especially, you had to watch your stuff like a hawk!

Well I do remember having to watch my stuff, especially when we went to the field in South Korea but I never had to pay for anything so I didn't remember that term (it's been a few years lol).

Top Bottom