• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    I'm curious about what security company it was. I haven't seen it mentioned.

I haven't either. But it seems to be a fairly common Islamic terrorist profession.

Omar Mateen- Orlando gay bar shooter
    Dahir Adan- St. Cloud mall stabber
    Guled Omar- Convicted for trying to join ISIS

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Why couldn't Officer Trigger Happy have just shot him in the leg? Or ya know... Maybe tased him? I mean... He was only holding a knife.

:popcorn:

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Just to echo what has already been discussed above about criminals and terrorists not obeying prohibitive postings on weapons in public places. These signs have the opposite effect of what was intended, not that the consequences of such postings were ever carefully thought out to begin with.

Seems to me, now that we are seeing a surge in terrorist motivated attacks on our own soil, that regardless of the location of the attacks, the last thing we should be hearing from our so-called leaders is more anti-gun rhetoric. If they really cared about the safety of the people, they would be pleading with people to get some training, necessary permits, and to arm themselves.

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    When I see the reports of violence at malls, I am glad that we only visit them just a few times a year. Never at night. My CCW- Glock 19 or 21 covers my escape if needed. Wifey quit asking after her sister had an attempted carjacking around Christmas at a local mall. They have Security, and a Police Dept patrol, and it still happens. I see their signage and stickers, if they ask, I will leave immediately. Really don't care because I don't "Open Carry", always concealed. I served on the streets for 16 years. Seen my share of rule breakers.(Gangs and wannabes)

My son likes to check out the Food Court, so a noon visit now and then.(like couple times over summer).
    I don't even wear flip flops, or crocs, but lace up my New Balance Running shoes/socks. Ever try a 100 yd dash in flip flops? At the pool or around the house, no problem.
    Good luck in your future mall trips. I now shop off the internet. Way easier.

MohawkSlim

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2015
    firing line
    I wonder why there's a disconnect between the realization that armed average joes could stop these attacks just as surely as off duty cops if they were allowed to be armed. There's still a pervasive attitude that somehow, "only cops and military" should have guns and average people are still scary when they tuck a gun in their hip.

If anything, these incidents should highlight how effective an armed citizenry is. We need to work to educate folks on how quickly these situations are resolved as soon as a good guy with a gun shows up. Why are we hamstringing public safety by only allowing government agents to carry firearms?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I wonder why there's a disconnect between the realization that armed average joes could stop these attacks just as surely as off duty cops if they were allowed to be armed. There's still a pervasive attitude that somehow, "only cops and military" should have guns and average people are still scary when they tuck a gun in their hip.

If anything, these incidents should highlight how effective an armed citizenry is. We need to work to educate folks on how quickly these situations are resolved as soon as a good guy with a gun shows up. Why are we hamstringing public safety by only allowing government agents to carry firearms?

There's a perception that Cops are better trained and more fit to engage bad guys--well, notwithstanding recent assertions that cops receive less training than hairdressers. I do think it's fair to believe that a well trained cop is more likely to affect a positive impact on such situations than a citizen who has zero training and very little time behind their carry weapon.

But it's flat out wrong to assume that no citizen can affect a positive impact at all.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    The mall took steps to insure that was unlikely.

I think that they should be held responsible. They take active steps to make us sitting ducks, making it worse. You want to ban legal firearms in your malls? Go for it. But the mall should be locked down like the gate area at an airport with armed guards to protect us. What? Thats not practical and overly expensive? Then remove the rule and let us JFC. Making a rule doesnt stop crap like this from happening.

Im sure the moms demand witches will do just that. Point out that it was a LEO and that is why it was ok, and that you or I still should be prohibited because there are a tiny handful of people like that to protect us. I hope the fact that he's a "gamer" gets paraded out. He actively practices in a semi realistic environment (as opposed to static ranges with B5s and B29s) and it paid off.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central

Exactly why we should label him as an armed citizen, instead of off duty cop. ( Cops are average Joes, especially when they are off duty)

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

You have to wired a certain way to be the person that runs toward the problem, in order to fix it. Those persons typically are attracted to some sort of martial or public service. While there are plenty of other people who aren't drawn to those professions who have that "wiring," I can assure you, even amongst gun owners it's more desirable to head out the exit just as fast as anyone else.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Im glad alls well that ended well, but I personally, think his tactics sucked, as far as the article you linked described. Yes, he prevailed, and is a hero, but if he teaches the same thing he displayed via this article. His tactics SUCK! He identified, shot, but then quit? Then he shot again, and quit? Only after he was near being overcome, or falling as he retreated, (based on the article)did he end the encounter! Again, his tactics sucked! Hopefully his students realize this, and don't try to emulate him! Shoot until the threat is neutralized, to me, that is a dead guy, because dead guys are truly neutral!

Look, I took what was stated in the article, and critiqued it! His stated tactics ****ing sucked! so back 'atcha with the rolled eyes!

and while you're at the rolled eyes thing, name one trainer or firearms training company that would tell you to shoot, stop, wait until attacked again, shoot again, stop, wait until attacked again and shoot again?
    We are ALWAYS taught to fire and reasses. Fire, subject falls, we will asses the situation. If we need to reengage, then we do so, then we asses again. We do not shoot to kill, that is a misnomer. WE shoot to stop the threat, many suspects do not die when we shoot them. The reason they do not die is because they were shot and stopped the aggression therefore no further shots were needed. Now sometimes it does take a suspect to be killed to cease the aggression. Now is that what he taught? I dono. Most of us PD firearms trainers know that there are 2 sets of rules, LE and non-LE. WHat works for one might not be legal for the other. Add the stress of actually facing active aggression and what you PLAN on doing might not actually happen that way. As Mike Tyson put it so well, "Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth."Let's not be too judgemental about things that we don't understand as well as we might think.

Top Bottom