• ...and so much more!
  • Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Yawn.

44 million black folks in America. 6,000 homicides attributable to blacks. Let's be generous and say 500 police shootings of blacks per year (way too large an estimate).

That activity is less than 2/100's of 1% of that demographic. It garners much of the media attention.

Terrorist activity is even less.

Yawn.

I agree with what you saying, but i dont understand why violence labled terrorist activity gets a different reaction than those 6000 homicides you reffered to. Or why violent protest (Ferguson for example) is not looked at as terrorism. After all they are all terrorism

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    Yeah. Someone once said a recession is when someone gets laid off. A depression is when I get laid off.

Sure, those murders are shocking....and that's why they get reported. But, statistically, they are outliers. I grew up with "The Commies Are Coming!"

Now, it's Islam.

OK.

The world was suppose to end from a nuclear war a longgggg time ago. The year 2000 was something mankind would never see.

The "experts" are seldom right.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I agree with what you saying, but i dont understand why violence labled terrorist activity gets a different reaction than those 6000 homicides you reffered to. Or why violent protest (Ferguson for example) is not looked at as terrorism. After all they are all terrorism

I'm not exactly sure of what you're trying to say. Are you saying terrorism on American soil should be viewed the same way as individual murders?

Kut (seeks clarification)

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Yeah. Someone once said a recession is when someone gets laid off. A depression is when I get laid off.

Sure, those murders are shocking....and that's why they get reported. But, statistically, they are outliers. I grew up with "The Commies Are Coming!"

Now, it's Islam.

OK.

So just accept it as yet another part of the "new normal," right?

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Certainly, I'm not gonna change the "new normal". That's why I have an AR loaded and carry a sidearm. New shotgun too...but I haven't had a chance to run any shells through that, so it's not ready to go.

I'm not saying I'm happy with the new normal. The music, overall, sucks. I think lumbersexuals are silly. And taco bell only charged 19 cents when tacos tasted half decent.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    I'm not exactly sure of what you're trying to say. Are you saying terrorism on American soil should be viewed the same way as individual murders?

Kut (seeks clarification)

I should of said reaction by media. Like when they say we are waitiing to see if it is a confirmed Terrorist attack. I think it is pretty clear it is a terrorist attack. Not exactly individual murders, but drive by shootings, or people being killed in riots. Yes i think they should be looked at and handled the same way. Hold the person or people who incite the violence accountable.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Just wondering if he was struck more by political correctness than anything else. He shot, and instead of continued fire which lately has gotten police officers in trouble with the public, he waited to see if the aggression had stopped. When he determined that it had not, he fired again, and again due to political correctness he waited again to see if the aggressor had quit. Unfortunately for him, the aggressor had not stopped and the only way to end this was required to be fatal.

And just in over the TV, as I just heard this, as I don't have a link, ISIS is declaring that the knife guy was one of them.

Just goes to show, that PC, MIGHT get you KILLED !!!!!

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Certainly, I'm not gonna change the "new normal". That's why I have an AR loaded and carry a sidearm. New shotgun too...but I haven't had a chance to run any shells through that, so it's not ready to go.

I'm not saying I'm happy with the new normal. The music, overall, sucks. I think lumbersexuals are silly. And taco bell only charged 19 cents when tacos tasted half decent.

Damn dude, you're old! :p

And I agree. I saw one of those "men" standing by the roadside contemplating how to fix a flat. Not rolling his sleeves up and doing, but standing with his hands on his hips staring at it with a confused look on his face.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Minimum wage was $1.25 back then, so I don't think we really have seen much change in the "value". Mebbe it's just that I had tastebuds back then before I burned em out on Marlboros and bourbon. :)

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Minimum wage was $1.25 back then, so I don't think we really have seen much change in the "value". Mebbe it's just that I had tastebuds back then before I burned em out on Marlboros and bourbon. :)
    Bourbon doesn't burn out taste buds, it refines them!

RMC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    McCordsville

It's called propaganda designed and broadcast for the purpose of securing votes. We don't get unbiased news. We get editorials. Personally, I think the BLM and anyone involved in rioting should be considered enemies of the USA and dealt with accordingly with whatever force is necessary. Instead of keeping the detained in our plush jails, send them to a prison camp.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    It's called propaganda designed and broadcast for the purpose of securing votes. We don't get unbiased news. We get editorials. Personally, I think the BLM and anyone involved in rioting should be considered enemies of the USA and dealt with accordingly with whatever force is necessary. Instead of keeping the detained in our plush jails, send them to a prison camp.

I agree. A gang convinces someone to do a drive by, and innocent people get shot. A radical movement convinces someone to go to a mall and stab people. One is labelled gang activity, the other is a terrorist attack. I believe they are the same and should be lokked at the same.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So just accept it as yet another part of the "new normal," right?

The new normal got here by some means. I doubt we just socially evolved into this. People with agendas who didn't like the social norms of the past set out to change them. And some needed changed. But that's the problem with progressivism, there is no end to the progression. And now it's to the point of absurdity.

:ranton:

The music of today sucks so bad I have to listen to mostly 1950s jazz. Classic rock of the late 60s/early 70s has been my favorite genre most of my life, but decades of listening to the same songs got old. So to find satisfying music I had to dig further back, rather than listening to the progressively meaningless drivel going up to today, where simplistic voice masturbation replaces real innovation.

At least with Jazz newer artists are still doing real jazz with innovation. So at least I can listen to newer stuff. Even the old jazz artists can innovate. Ahmad Jamal is still doing it in his mid 80s.
    Damn dude, you're old! :p

And I agree. I saw one of those "men" standing by the roadside contemplating how to fix a flat. Not rolling his sleeves up and doing, but standing with his hands on his hips staring at it with a confused look on his face.

Heh. Reminds me. On a read trip the low tire pressure indicator went off so I stopped at the next gas station with an air pump. I had to sit there and wait on a mini-van at the air pump. Dude got out and couldn't figure it out. After several minutes of him fumble-****ing around, his wife gets out of the car, takes the hose away from him, and gets it done. Good for her. But shame be upon that guy forever. Dude just got back in the van, looking all dejected. I can't call this a *brave* new world.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Well, technically the terrorist didn't break the rules; the good guy did.
    ??????? What part of attempted murder isn't breaking the rules? Was it Aristotle who said something like "the more laws there are, the more crime there will be"?

As a society we've lost sight of the forest for all the trees. Instead of dealing with the people who commit crimes, we outlaw the tools that they abuse or we 'criminalize' their bad motives: "we'll accuse them of a hate crime, now that'll show 'em!". I'm not aware of any crime committed with love and concern for the victim.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    The new normal got here by some means. I doubt we just socially evolved into this. People with agendas who didn't like the social norms of the past set out to change them. And some needed changed. But that's the problem with progressivism, there is no end to the progression. And now it's to the point of absurdity.

The music of today sucks so bad I have to listen to mostly 1950s jazz. Classic rock of the late 60s/early 70s has been my favorite genre most of my life, but decades of listening to the same songs got old. So to find satisfying music I had to dig further back, rather than listening to the progressively meaningless drivel going up to today, where simplistic voice masturbation replaces real innovation.

At least with Jazz newer artists are still doing real jazz with innovation. So at least I can listen to newer stuff. Even the old jazz artists can innovate. Ahmad Jamal is still doing it in his mid 80s.

[...]

So true about the nature of progessivism, a radical ideology that sees constant change as a virtue unto itself, totally disregarding the ramifications, at least as long as said change originates from self-appointed progressives.
    As for music, I'll make another suggestion to explore, blues; and I'm not talking about the modern stuff, but the old time stuff dating back to at least the 1930s and extending through the 1960s.
    I'm talking about Lighting Hopkins, T-Bone Walker, Son House, Charlie Patton, Memphis Minnie, Muddy Waters, Howlin' Wolf, and the most famous of them all, Robert Johnson.
    Just grab yourself a copy of "King of the Delta Blues Singers" and prepare to be amazed, then move on from there.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area

If you haven't listened to Bill Evans (which I bet you have) you are in for a treat. Creator of block chording and a great writer. 5 Ways To Play Like Bill Evans | KeyboardMag

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    If you haven't listened to Bill Evans (which I bet you have) you are in for a treat. Creator of block chording and a great writer. 5 Ways To Play Like Bill Evans | KeyboardMag

Anyone who has Kind of Blue has. Haven't listened in a while though. I've been listening to a lot of Claud Bolling lately. But I'm glad you brought it up. I just dug out Peace Piece for the first time in awhile.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    jamil, check out this guy. While not jazz, he does re-tool todays music in the swing/jazz styles. I LOVE his work.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCORIeT1hk6tYBuntEXsguLg

my fave:
    [video=youtube;iyTTX6Wlf1Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyTTX6Wlf1Y[/video]

But this is a better showing of his arrangements:

[video=youtube;T2kOj-GFN8k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2kOj-GFN8k[/video]

[video=youtube;sB6HY8r983c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sB6HY8r983c[/video]

[video=youtube;4Cnm0tdkJEU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Cnm0tdkJEU&index=16&list=PLnc8nQuaopDueNN jmwIs-TiE0KhPqxZzZ[/video]

Hard core jazz/swing of the above... (my personal fave)

[video=youtube;bDlC9m1FDo4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDlC9m1FDo4[/video]

/derail

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    jamil, check out this guy. While not jazz, he does re-tool todays music in the swing/jazz styles.

/derail

Oh great. Another binge vector. Stayed up late listening to Bill Evans. Now I've spent all morning watching these videos. I blame you if I'm late for work.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Oh great. Another binge vector. Stayed up late listening to Bill Evans. Now I've spent all morning watching these videos. I blame you if I'm late for work.

[video=youtube;kcGFdnpf7To]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcGFdnpf7To[/video]

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    iSeekLight
    Top Bottom