• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Me and a couple of the offspring found these this afternoon, northern Brown Co. area. Not sure what these are called, they are much bigger than peckers, some are bigger than a lot of yellows.

cr8W8R.jpg

dshaf

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2010
    Just went out and found about 20 grays in behind my house. Im going to really start hitting my spots tommorrow

IndyLongColt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    Morgan County
    Me and a couple of the offspring found these this afternoon, northern Brown Co. area. Not sure what these are called, they are much bigger than peckers, some are bigger than a lot of yellows.

cr8W8R.jpg

We always just called those blacks.... After all, aren't the black ones always bigger?

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    My 7 ac. recreational land in Owen county always produces pretty good quantity. But the big harvest usually doesn't start until the 28th or so (most years)
    I found nine just a few days ago. They were tasty ! :drool:

mushrooms%202016-M.jpg

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    I'm hoping this weeks rains gets things nice and damp, and then some hot weather this weekend pops them all up!

Hoosier Carry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2012
    In the Woods
    thumb-dryads-saddle-xxx142.jpg

Found what I think, according to my mushroom book and a google search, is a Pheasant's back. Everything says edible but I have never found or picked these before. Anyone have opinions on this one. I cannot get the pic off of my phone so I had to use an image from google.

Looked for about 2 hours but no morels yet.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    View attachment 46774

Found what I think, according to my mushroom book and a google search, is a Pheasant's back. Everything says edible but I have never found or picked these before. Anyone have opinions on this one. I cannot get the pic off of my phone so I had to use an image from google.

Looked for about 2 hours but no morels yet.
    I've eaten pheasant backs before, IMO the young ones are very tasty sautéed. If you break one, it should smell like a watermelon rind.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I've eaten pheasant backs before, IMO the young ones are very tasty sautéed. If you break one, it should smell like a watermelon rind.

I am going to try to remember this. I've likely walked right over these things. There are only a few Fall and spring mushrooms I know are edible. I need to learn a few more.

IndyLongColt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    Morgan County
    I am going to try to remember this. I've likely walked right over these things. There are only a few Fall and spring mushrooms I know are edible. I need to learn a few more.

I know there's a little market at us36 and us231 that sell them every year, don't know how much...

Top Bottom