• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    Nice haul, the mix pecker heads, (early)gray, (second) n yellows (last) tells me you’re in the sweet time. I’d go every day for a week or so. If I had that mix. Good Luck. N Again, nice haul.
    The dog peckers are great for making gravy or pan sauce for steaks. You're right, that's a great mix.

tim87tr

Freedom lover
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Eastern IL
    Found three right away with the mushroom glasses, then no more after an hour. Checked my pictures and it is the same time as last year in East Central IL so just getting started. I enjoyed finding chanterelle mushrooms for the first time last year also.
    PXL_20230424_185923503.jpg

bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    Found three right away with the mushroom glasses, then no more after an hour. Checked my pictures and it is the same time as last year in East Central IL so just getting started. I enjoyed finding chanterelle mushrooms for the first time last year also.
    View attachment 271612
    Okay....do the glasses "REALLY" work????

Not sure if I buy it yet or if it is just good advertising to take my $$$$

Side note...found about 20 yesterday in Hamilton County. Still a couple weeks early up here. Most we the size of a thimble and left to grow.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Okay....do the glasses "REALLY" work????

Not sure if I buy it yet or if it is just good advertising to take my $$$$

Side note...found about 20 yesterday in Hamilton County. Still a couple weeks early up here. Most we the size of a thimble and left to grow.

Ditto!

Polarized have always blead everything together to look brown to me?

tim87tr

Freedom lover
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Eastern IL
    Link to the glasses or at least the brand?
    It was a bit of a joke for the photo but Oakley has a lens called Trail that makes the forest floor and terrain come alive. I've used them Jeeping out West and liked them.

I have grandpa 20/20 (not the same 20/20 as young person) but I didn't wear them after finding those first ones and never found another. Coincidence or not?;)

My other theory is I saw the first hummingbird of the season and then found mushrooms. Don't use that one either:)

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Plans are for Sat. Me n the wife are going to my favorite spot down in Warren Co. I’ll post pics if I/ we do good. If not I’m going Walleye fishing Sun. Rain is coming soon. :yesway:

Top Bottom