• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • I am the cheese

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    I am using the pistol grip for ****s and giggles. Its a cheap gun, shoots great, and why not. Anyhow thanks for the good advice on the bolt. I will purchase a different one that was made safely and correctly.

XDJohnnyc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    hey mod the crap out of it...it's a $100 dollar gun after all...I'm doing it to mine...already have the AFI stock on it and getting the new bolt soon. enjoy them while you can

lmyer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    South Bend
    Does anyone changing a stock on their Mosin ever realize they are eliminating the metal crossbolt behind the action lug. If you're going to do it anyway - why not do it right and glass bed it? Otherwise, I really don't see there is any point to changing the stock, other than perceived looks - and probably it will not shoot as well as the original.

majew

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    I was wondering what people thought would be the best options to mount a bi-pod on my mosin nagant. I'm using the ati monte carlo stock right now
    picture.php

Classic Liberal

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Just saying that a bent bolt isnt a must if you have a scout scope. If the guy wants to put a car horn on his weapon as long as its safe who cares. Its all down to the shooter what he wants is what he wants. Whats the elevation on that 600 yard shot? 6.5 feet?

Yes, it was around 6.3 feet.

Jmak

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I sent part of my bolt to,a guy, I think Utah, and he redid it for $50.00. It works and looks really good. I believe I got his names etc from eBay. This was a year or so ago.

eSC

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    New Pal
    I was wondering what people thought would be the best options to mount a bi-pod on my mosin nagant. I'm using the ati monte carlo stock right now
    picture.php

I have something similar to [ame="http://www.amazon.com/UTG-Swivel-Stud-Picatinny-Adaptor/dp/B0053EQNA4/ref=sr_1_1?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1359606915&sr=1-1&keywords=UTG+Swivel+Stud+Picatinny+Slot+Adaptor+Kit"]this[/ame] on my Mosin with MC stock, still allows the use of your swivel.

Works fine for me with this bipod.

eSC

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    New Pal
    Here's my current Mosin project:

Mosin_Project_1.jpg

Disregard the rear site picatinny. That's going to be returned to iron sites right after the custom see-through scope mount is done :)

Lots of other goodies planned as well.

The guy who did my bolt is ebay id blazen999. Probably the same guy in AZ that others have mentioned- Great work and yes, in a week, shipped!

Last edited:
    Top Bottom