techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    So, I have a question.

Are we going to have like a group coordinator? Not necessarily a leader, but someone who keeps track of who's capable of doing what and responsible for contacting people in times of need? How is all that going to work?

My idea was mostly that this site could facilitate knowing who all are in a given area. Then those people could choose whatever organization they wanted: area coordinator, phone list dude, or grand high poobah, or even more likely a decentralized model where people know each other and have each other's info but no one person is in charge.

The most vital part is getting people in an area together offline so that they can help if something happens in the real, offline world.

The balance is that online we all value our privacy and anonymity for good reason (don't want our home info online screaming "gun cache for the taking at this address!").

And, yes, this is in part a mark of the failure of people to have support within our own neighborhoods. Lament that fact how you will, but for many it is just a fact.

Personally, when the winds have died down and the tornado has passed leaving impassable streets and general disarray I would like to be able to coordinate (as possible) with Nate or Josh to see if they need help, or to ask for help if I need it. Hell, if we have to bug out, maybe Nate would like a ride before the plume of toxic gas or zombie hoard, or whatever gets here.

Or more likely, we can all get together to schedule a CPR class or.....

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    Hell, if we have to bug out, maybe Nate would like a ride before the plume of toxic gas or zombie hoard, or whatever gets here.

Toxic gas, yes, zombie hoard, no thanks. I'll take my chances "I Am Legend" style :ar15:

:D

But yeah, I think this is a good idea :yesway:

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    a decentralized model where people know each other and have each other's info but no one person is in charge.

This is what I was looking for. Thanks

Now... any person(s) who is in the Avon/Plainfield/Hendricks Co. area who would be interested in doing such a thing... please PM me with some contact info and we'll get something pseudo-organized. Thank ya!

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    My suggestion based on Techres's last post would be to divide into smaller cells that are in immediate geographic proximity and use the whole group for general info, training, group buy or ? I have advised my children to evacuate to our farm in case of general need for large city evacuation. I would make sure that your individual cell has compatible interests, training and goals before being cloistered in close proximity under stressful conditions. Each member should have his/her own weapons ammo, food stuffs etc if at all possible and be prepared to act when called upon :twocents:

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    My suggestion based on Techres's last post would be to divide into smaller cells that are in immediate geographic proximity and use the whole group for general info, training, group buy or ? I have advised my children to evacuate to our farm in case of general need for large city evacuation. I would make sure that your individual cell has compatible interests, training and goals before being cloistered in close proximity under stressful conditions. Each member should have his/her own weapons ammo, food stuffs etc if at all possible and be prepared to act when called upon :twocents:

Be careful with the word "cell". It has connotations that carry meaning and the attentions of concerned people in and out of law enforcement. Not to quibble over semantics, but group does not have that problem.

For some, cell = terrorist, for others cell = militia, and most of all cell = hidden and that is where people can get into trouble.

Did everyone see the dinner/picnic invites? They are buried in another thread. I did not want to upset the mods by opening new threads for them, but maybe I will:

Meet & Eat Dinner and Picnic (2 events)

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Be careful with the word "cell". It has connotations that carry meaning and the attentions of concerned people in and out of law enforcement. Not to quibble over semantics, but group does not have that problem.

For some, cell = terrorist, for others cell = militia, and most of all cell = hidden and that is where people can get into trouble.

Did everyone see the dinner/picnic invites? They are buried in another thread. I did not want to upset the mods by opening new threads for them, but maybe I will:

Meet & Eat Dinner and Picnic (2 events)

Buzz Words - I hate them :xmad:

I used the word cell specifically to promote a small flexible unit that can react quickly in time of civil emergency (ie flood, tornado, etc) for the common good. Any word can be used or misused to promote an agenda. You used the word Group

Terrorist Group Profiles

Terrorist Organizations

Self-identification as a "terrorist" group is not required. This page does not condone, support or endorse violence or any of these groups which are listed ...

MILNET Brief: Domestic Terrorist Group Profiles

Domestic terrorist groups can represent right-wing, left-wing, or special interest orientations. Their causes generally spring from issues relating to ...

I'm not hung up on the word cell but chose to use it at that time. David Koresh and Greg Dixon were leaders of legally established Churches and the Government chose to shut them down. I'd be more concerned whose radar I appeared on than on terminology. We live in dangerous times :rolleyes:

Deception and or statements made by a group member reflect upon the entire group. We live in litigious times and sometime a line must be drawn :patriot:

Last edited:

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    I used the word cell specifically to promote a small flexible unit that can react quickly in time of civil emergency (ie flood, tornado, etc) for the common good. Any word can be used or misused to promote an agenda. You used the word Group:

Yeah, and a good idea and motion can get wasted in semantics. :):

Personally I will stay away from cell, but by all means use whatever you want yourself. In the end it likely means nothing either way.

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    Good Idea....ANDERSON.....or anybody close by. Alexandria, Chestrfeild/Daleville, Pendleton, or Muncie. If anybody interested in staring up a support group pm me.

Royal-1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Noblesville
    N. Indy./Hamilton Co./Noblesville area

Send me a PM with your name, email, and cell number/contact number. I will stick them in Excel and send them back out to anyone that wants to be included in it for North Indianapolis/Hamilton Co./Noblesville area. Include any extra info you feel free to give out and I will include it too. examples:

I have a chainsaw, I am an Electrician / doctor / RN / farmer / plumber / carpenter...

I'm in Noblesville and this list can be a start. Obviously don't send me your info if you don't expect to travel to this area to lend a hand and don't expect someone from this area to travel to S. or N. Indiana to help you clear a downed tree. This needs to be almost limited to the County unless you don't have anyone compiling a list for your county yet and you are near.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    WestSide Indy/Hendrick/Morgan county Area

I'm in for this. Eagle Scout with excellent outdoor skills. Have minimal supplies but very efficent with little supplies. I live in Plainfield.

This is the best Idea I've seen yet on something like this.

:patriot:

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Indiana Area MSG Meet & Greet this evening (Oct 15) 7PM at the Bloomington Cracker Barrel.

We'll be at the table where everyone is sitting with their back to the wall. Paranoid, no, Techres will be sitting with us :D

If you can make it be there !!! Got to work - Call in Sick ;) Bring your ideas, things to trade or sell and ?

See You There :patriot:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom