• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    BLOOMINGTON?!?!?! Holy Crap! I guess I better get to walking! LOL If anyone's headed that way from the Plainfield area, I'll tag along! PM me for my number!

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Beyond getting a master list to the main person for each area, a good phone list should be given to each person just in case one person's power is out or phone lines cut or whatever so that the next person on the list can step up and make the calls.

Also need to compile a list here of needed training courses. Such as the Courses Nick was talking about like CPR, basic medical treatment, search and rescue, and gun shot wound treatment. Like techres said, that would be invaluable for us range-going shooters. :D I think also some kinda of problem solving course of some type would be good too. Not so much math problem solving, but practical problem solving. Something to stimulate the brain for open thinking and improvising. Also using saws, chainsaws, and axes for such things as clearing roads and paths. Training on the dangers of electrical lines and natural gas leaks would be good too.

Just throwing some ideas around.

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    Well I'm up here in the South Bend, Mishawaka area. I'd be willing to help out, but not sure how many meetings I'll be able to make down south.

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Good news on CPR, everyone!!

I just found out that I will be able to take an instructor course at the first of the year. Once I get the certification, I will be able to teach others at an MSG event in the 1st/2nd Quarter of next year.

My initial plan is to be able to train a few instructors, then be able to move onto the larger groups for the MSG's. I would like the coordinators to be my instructors... because it would be easier to certify you all first, then you can certify your own people.

I will still be looking into CERT, and other programs. If anyone has any ideas... please post them up and I will do my best to look to see if Clarian will allow me to take the classes for free.

Last edited:

Royal-1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Noblesville
    It was pointed out to me there is already an area on the board set up for Hamilton Co. Under Qlinks -->> Special Groups.

If anyone else in Hamilton Co, would like to be added to the excel sheet and receive the same sheet with the others on it PM me with some contact and info.

Sgt 1371

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2008
    Laporte County
    My friend just called this evening to chat about this. We are have been training and providing mutual assistance for a few years. After reading James Wesley, Rawles novel, "Patriots", preparedness has become a necessity. Visit Survivalblog.com for excellent info. Backwoods Home Magazine is a publication dedicated to self-reliant people, good info there too.
    We shoot at the St Joe County Restoration Club, near Osceola. Anyone nearby wanting to meet up?

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    My friend just called this evening to chat about this. We are have been training and providing mutual assistance for a few years. After reading James Wesley, Rawles novel, "Patriots", preparedness has become a necessity. Visit Survivalblog.com for excellent info. Backwoods Home Magazine is a publication dedicated to self-reliant people, good info there too.
    We shoot at the St Joe County Restoration Club, near Osceola. Anyone nearby wanting to meet up?

Count me in. Let me know when you want to meet up.

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    It was pointed out to me there is already an area on the board set up for Hamilton Co. Under Qlinks -->> Special Groups.

If anyone else in Hamilton Co, would like to be added to the excel sheet and receive the same sheet with the others on it PM me with some contact and info.

There's one up for Hendricks Co. as well now. I just added it.

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    good idea

I have family and friends in the nashville, columbus & pittsboro area and I am interested in the idea.

The problem is, my wife is in very poor health and can't walk very far. We would have to hold the fort down at our place.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    not Morgan County, but Plainfield. Our cordinator for our area is here. Moorestucky, err, mooresville is just a curve, hill, curve curve hill away! :):

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    MSG Whiteland,Franklin +

Figure need to start a group.I made a social group pretty much just for this(click Qlinks social groups). I would like to set up a meet and greet for January.The holidays are always busy and it just seems impossible to get much in. Comments welcome. Help is also welcome. With plenty of time to set it up I have high hopes for a functional MSG.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom