Not open for further replies.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Since people have shown interest in MSG's it would make sense to have some structure to help things along. How about we break the map up into 4 areas (or more as the case needs)? Lets try this to begin with, unless someone has something better:

msgareas.jpg

I know that Silentwarrior has go the ball rolling up his way (Area 2). There is a core already started down here in Bloomington in Area 3 and we hope to do some get together's before long. Area 1 and 4, who knows?

If you are interested, post your username and area and what you can teach/do and lets start up some groupings!

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Area 2 here also.

I was thinking maybe some of the areas should overlap? I know it may cause some confusion, but Plainfield and Moorseville (Hendricks, Morgan) have closer ties than with other Counties in our respective areas. Maybe give the border area people the choice to join one or the other?

Just a thought.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Area 2 here also.

I was thinking maybe some of the areas should overlap? I know it may cause some confusion, but Plainfield and Moorseville (Hendricks, Morgan) have closer ties than with other Counties in our respective areas. Maybe give the border area people the choice to join one or the other?

Just a thought.

People can do whatever they want. It would make more sense to do one or another, and the map can be fixed as it was kinda arbitrary (I started with two goals - Bloomington was the center of an area, and Indy was in another one :): ).

Savage Eagle, I remember you rode down with SilentWarrior1 to that dinner we all had. Is he far from you?

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I am working on a Johnson county one...guess that would be area 3. I started a social group just for that purpose.Also in the survival forum I have a thread called canning...I have a class set up from the local annex set for jan 20th 6:30 pm.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    I am working on a Johnson county one...guess that would be area 3. I started a social group just for that purpose.Also in the survival forum I have a thread called canning...I have a class set up from the local annex set for jan 20th 6:30 pm.

Call it Area 3b if that helps, who knows. Names only matter in the sense of helping people ID each other.

The canning class is a great idea. My mom cans and I grew up around it but I do not have the skills myself. Luckily my wife paid to take a class in it (I did note yours is FREE!) and now she has a handle on it. Canning is a 101 level needed skill for rough living through an Indiana winter and not starving if the grid is down.

Great job! Keep us updated on the class schedule.

Warwagon

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2008
    NW Indiana
    My friend just called this evening to chat about this. We are have been training and providing mutual assistance for a few years. After reading James Wesley, Rawles novel, "Patriots", preparedness has become a necessity. Visit Survivalblog.com for excellent info. Backwoods Home Magazine is a publication dedicated to self-reliant people, good info there too.
    We shoot at the St Joe County Restoration Club, near Osceola. Anyone nearby wanting to meet up?

You're in LaPorte Co. you drive 1 hour to shoot at St Joe Rest? I'm in the Rolling area, and I know that's a haul.

There's 3 clubs in between you and Osceola.

There's 3 gun clubs you drive past.

Why do you drive so far, Sarge?

Last edited:

gage

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    underground
    Area 2. I've been living like a monk and preparing for the messy fans solo. I've made some informal connects north of me in case serious SHTF but would prefer being member in MSG. My immediate family lives in Texas. I've lived in Indiana 10 years now and it's the best place ever. I've been stock piling food and emergency supplies etc. for a while and looking forward to CPR training soon. I'm new to IGO but keep me in mind for a mutual support group member if you're in the Indy downtown area. I grow as much food as space allows, got a horticulture degree, bio-diesel operation connect, secure basement for short term emergencies. Looking to purchase a 4x4 and power generator soon. If your like me and only have cell phone for communication a tiny bit of advice might be in case satellites go down to have access to fax (land line works like a phone) to communicate. I've forwarded such info to family members. Appreciate all the good links. I'll do the same when possible.

csaws

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Morgan County
    This is just my two cents but would it not be better to break this down into a county by county thing I have no problem helping out someone in another area but my first concern is my area and being close to it should things go bad. We all know plenty of guys that are not on this board but are valuable assets for a msg. I think the best msg is in you specific region of your county... like townships or smaller. If you have read the Lights out book you know that theirs is a neighborhood. Some of the guys I am on the FD with live near me and we are all like minded, handy, some of have been are farmers. I think the area thing is good on here (for ideas and tips and such) but impractical in real life.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    This is just my two cents but would it not be better to break this down into a county by county thing I have no problem helping out someone in another area but my first concern is my area and being close to it should things go bad. We all know plenty of guys that are not on this board but are valuable assets for a msg. I think the best msg is in you specific region of your county... like townships or smaller. If you have read the Lights out book you know that theirs is a neighborhood. Some of the guys I am on the FD with live near me and we are all like minded, handy, some of have been are farmers. I think the area thing is good on here (for ideas and tips and such) but impractical in real life.

That would be best if we have enough people to meaningful group sizes in each county. When I started this, I did not expect a big response. If we have groups in major counties in sizes that are self supporting, that would be ideal!

Let's start with areas and move into counties!

Sgt 1371

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2008
    Laporte County
    I've been shooting there since 03'. Lots of good folks too. We just had our annual meeting for our marksmanship / events calender this afternoon. We will hold eight events this year. I'll post the specifics on the appropriate forum.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom