• Status
    Not open for further replies.

cmax001

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Granger
    Sure, I'd be willing to meet up with yinz. I have 1 commitment for inventory I think at the end of the month but other than that I'm good.

Annie Oakley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Rural southern Indiana
    I'm in Greene county so that would be 3C? Anyway, somehow I missed this thread until this evening. I have some medical background, can shoot, run a chainsaw all day and the hubby and my brother who would be here in a SHIF situation are really good at thinking around corners. Would like to attend the next get together in Bloomington if at all possible.

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    Count me in the one for Noblesville also. I just got a second home, that will soon be my first. My first will soon be my weekend home.

its cheaper than a hotel, and it has a boat dock

My family likes the country so they will spend most of the time at the weekend home....

Last edited:

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    I'm in Greene county so that would be 3C? Anyway, somehow I missed this thread until this evening. I have some medical background, can shoot, run a chainsaw all day and the hubby and my brother who would be here in a SHIF situation are really good at thinking around corners. Would like to attend the next get together in Bloomington if at all possible.

oh greentucky?:D my wife is from greene county, her dad still lives there. I will agree great place for SHTF.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA

Anyone interested in a dedicated 3C meeting before the Spring thaw? Since we stretch a large geographical area I'll leave it up to the SW Group to select a convenient spot for our 1st meeting. I'm fairly open to everyone's schedule and location. Preferably a place with decent food and a place where we can talk shop. Might also take the time to join the South West Indiana social group. Bring your ideas, questions, advice and thoughts :patriot:

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    I'm gonna say Bloomington because thats where most of area 3 is, and there is plenty of good food in town.

Area 3 encompasses 3A, 3B, 3C, E-W Ohio to Illinois State Lines. Bloomington would be in 3B. A few of us do not live in Bloomington ;) and a general organizational meeting for those living in 3C was proposed but all are welcome to attend once a meeting date/time are finalized

I can follow the Yellow Brick Road to Bloomington anytime but in a SHTF situation how many can navigate the 3C area

Last edited:

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    I'm gonna say bloomington because thats where most of area 3 is, and there is plenty of good food in town.

Agreed, but we need a place that is private enough to talk shop. We could get a private room at a restaurant or.... Ideas?

Basically, the meet we did last year was good food and meet good people. This one should be a meet and plan.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    MCL would have been ideal but it's gone, so maybe great wall as they have private room rental or maybe basswood clubhouse I know it's not a restaurant but it's cheap to rent and we would have no nosey neighbors. lets get some more suggestions.

edit: golden corral has that room off to the side.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Area 3 encompasses 3A, 3B, 3C, E-W Ohio to Illinois State Lines. Bloomington would be in 3B. A few of us do not live in Bloomington ;) and a general organizational meeting for those living in 3C was proposed but all are welcome to attend once a meeting date/time are finalized

I can follow the Yellow Brick Road to Bloomington anytime but in a SHTF situation how many can navigate the 3C area

HE who sets up the meet is the one who sets up the meet! I agree, those in Bloomington need to setup a meeting here and will. Where were you thinking of having your meeting (so that people are clear as to location)?

I would love to see 10 seperate meetings all over the state come spring FAR FAR more than 3 big meetings that are nice but not as local as they need to be to be practical in an emergency!

(oh, and the yellow bricks aren't really gold here in bloomington, it's just that those college kids drink so much beer that it has to come back out somehow and....)

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    I personally do not mind meeting in Bloomington occasionally but felt the need for the 3C personnel to get acquainted and organized. Bloomington, other than Terre Haute (3C) have the largest restaurant selection in our general area. I have PM's out to other 3C members for suggestions for a date/time/location for our 1st organizational meeting. The road is definitely Not Golden since the loss of Bobby Knight LOL :D

HE who sets up the meet is the one who sets up the meet! I agree, those in Bloomington need to setup a meeting here and will. Where were you thinking of having your meeting (so that people are clear as to location)?

I would love to see 10 seperate meetings all over the state come spring FAR FAR more than 3 big meetings that are nice but not as local as they need to be to be practical in an emergency!

(oh, and the yellow bricks aren't really gold here in bloomington, it's just that those college kids drink so much beer that it has to come back out somehow and....)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom