Not open for further replies.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    I've been shooting there since 03'. Lots of good folks too. We just had our annual meeting for our marksmanship / events calender this afternoon. We will hold eight events this year. I'll post the specifics on the appropriate forum.

Definitely keep us updated!

Dr Falken

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    I live in NE Monroe. I'm interested, realizing that a community is the best way to deal with possible scenarios. Is there a meet-up planned soon, or can someone contact me? I'm new to the list and this is my first post, so I hope I'm following form.

Dr Falken

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    By the by, I'm not a Doctor, the screen name is from a movie...A member sent me a PM, but because of my new (under10 posts) status, I could not reply...while that might make me less desirable as a member of a group, I'm still interessted...
    I live in NE Monroe. I'm interested, realizing that a community is the best way to deal with possible scenarios. Is there a meet-up planned soon, or can someone contact me? I'm new to the list and this is my first post, so I hope I'm following form.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Posted an update to the original post with people interested by county and area. Hope this helps make contacts. Let me know if there are additions or corrections!

01/07/09 UPDATE:

A brief listing of people interested by Area & County:

Area 1 (Coordinators ?):

Mr.Hoppes, Elkhart
    Bob Wyre, Allen
    turnandshoot4, Jasper
    TomN, Saint Joseph
    Jeremiah, Noble
    Sgt 1371, Laporte
    Cwood, Marshall
    Warwagon, Clark

Area 2 (Coordinators - SilentWarrior1?):

DRob, Marion
    jrb466, Marion
    Flintlock, Marion
    gage, Marion
    SilentWarrior1, Hendricks
    Disposable Heart, Hendricks
    SavageEagle, Hendricks
    AllenM, Hendricks
    IndyBeerman, Hendricks
    Electronrider, Tippecanoe
    USMC_0311, Madison
    zimzum, Madison
    Royal-1, Hamilton
    mconley, Morgan
    Jay, Grant

Area 3 (Coordinators - Techres?):

techres, Monroe
    bwframe, Monroe
    NateIU10, Monroe
    SoundslikeJosh, Monroe
    Stevenlong8, Monroe
    tyler34, Monroe
    Panama, Monroe
    Dr Falken, Monroe
    stormryder, Ripley
    longbow, Brown
    mconley, Morgan
    csaws, Morgan
    KDUBCR250, Morgan
    mconley, Morgan
    smokingman, Johnson
    Chefcook, Unknown
    right winger, Sullivan

Area 4 (Coordinators ?):

4sarge, ?

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    By the by, I'm not a Doctor, the screen name is from a movie...A member sent me a PM, but because of my new (under10 posts) status, I could not reply...while that might make me less desirable as a member of a group, I'm still interessted...

1. Welcome!
    2. I am not a Dr. either, but I have plenty of experience patching up bloody wounds - mostly mine.
    3. Post counts are easy to get, wander about the site, respond here and there, get used to us and let us get to know you.
    4. Come spring we should have some gatherings and hopefully we, I, will get to know you in person!

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Posted an update to the original post with people interested by county and area. Hope this helps make contacts. Let me know if there are additions or corrections!

I'm in area 3 with Right Winger. Illinois to the Ohio line is quite a distance for any type of adequate emergency response. As a suggestion I'd divide the areas by 1/2 IE 1A - 1B etc. You still could utilize one coordinator per area with an assistant coordinator covering the other 1/2. Our area is very sparsely populated and several areas (like Bloomington) have excess members

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    I'm in area 3 with Right Winger. Illinois to the Ohio line is quite a distance for any type of adequate emergency response. As a suggestion I'd divide the areas by 1/2 IE 1A - 1B etc. You still could utilize one coordinator per area with an assistant coordinator covering the other 1/2. Our area is very sparsely populated and several areas (like Bloomington) have excess members

Fixed it! And I do agree with the Area 3A, 3B, 3C or 3West, 3Central, 3East kinda break down. I will try that in the next update (soon).

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Fixed it! And I do agree with the Area 3A, 3B, 3C or 3West, 3Central, 3East kinda break down. I will try that in the next update (soon).

Yes, 3 would be ideal and it wouldn't be standard labeling but if the geographic indicators were E, C, W (in lieu of A,B,C) it would probably cut down on geographic confusion.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    People can do whatever they want. It would make more sense to do one or another, and the map can be fixed as it was kinda arbitrary (I started with two goals - Bloomington was the center of an area, and Indy was in another one :): ).

Savage Eagle, I remember you rode down with SilentWarrior1 to that dinner we all had. Is he far from you?

Me and Nick could pretty much lob rocks at each other.

Yes, 3 would be ideal and it wouldn't be standard labeling but if the geographic indicators were E, C, W (in lieu of A,B,C) it would probably cut down on geographic confusion.

Glad to see some good progress is being made on all this.

My question now becomes, what are the goals for this? Any meetings? Official/Unofficial? Are we all coordinators with a Head guy or what?

Just trying to keep up. It seems I lost subscription to the thread for week while unsubscribing to another couple threads. :n00b:

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Sorry guys... I'm a slacker...and it's true, Savage and I can throw rocks at each other because we're that close.

As far as meetings go, that would have to be set up on a locality basis... so people don't have to drive 3+ hours for training or some type for meeting. That's excessive.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Sorry guys... I'm a slacker...and it's true, Savage and I can throw rocks at each other because we're that close.

As far as meetings go, that would have to be set up on a locality basis... so people don't have to drive 3+ hours for training or some type for meeting. That's excessive.

Agreed, I'm an hour drive time from Bloomington because of the road situation. Hardly a good emergency response time in a time of crisis. :dunno:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom