• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    That's Damn unneighborly of you :D Someone needs to redistribute the emergency wealth for those poor misguided souls

They can have all my white clothes they want. I don't need them. The ones i do have usually end up black with gunpowder residue anyway...

Justus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 21, 2008
    not in Indy
    Count me in Area 1 too.
    St. Joe County
    Not sure where this is going but I'm glad to help.

We have a semi-private forum started for disaster preps:

Safe-Shelter.com Forum - Index

Quote:

01/07/09 UPDATE:

A brief listing of people interested by Area & County:

Area 1 (Coordinators ?):

Mr.Hoppes, Elkhart
    Bob Wyre, Allen
    turnandshoot4, Jasper
    TomN, Saint Joseph
    Jeremiah, Noble
    Sgt 1371, Laporte
    Cwood, Marshall
    Warwagon, Clark

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Just my 2 cents worth...why not consider defining MSG areas in alignment with pre-existing emergency management districts

IDHS: Indiana Emergency Management Agencies & District Planning Coordinators Map

I think he was just saying we should follow the same area outlines, not registering ourselves with such an organization.

In an attempt to not sound "elitist", we would "like" people of like-mindset and not to absorb the sheep. These aren't the kind you can shear from wool from or make into chops...

Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    There are 4 of us in Grant county that use a private range owned by one of us, and private meeting facilities. We could be willing to hook up with others, or possibly host others.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    These aren't the kind you can shear from wool from or make into chops...

Long hair can be used for rope, and I'm sure they'd make some nice steaks. On the other hand, brittle hair won't hold up, and with all the drugs city folk take (Legal and not) I don't think they would be healthy to eat... :p

moparman76_69

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 29, 2008
    Garfield Park area, INDY
    LOL some of us are stuck in the "big city" for other reasons. Sometimes I wish I'd moved out to the BFE edge of Hendricks county.

I see the list has a few people from Marion on it. Who is the Go-to Guy for Indy/Marion Co.

Dr Falken

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    I know there are other hams on the list, I haven't been on the radio as much lately, just curios about input as regards communications and repeaters in relationship to the "zones"...For example the linked repeater system that covers a large portion of the state north to south...it's a great resource, is there anyone on list associated with it?

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    Alright, I'm area 1 west.

At the last NWI OC event this topic was brought up. I'm going to bring this up in March when we have another OC event to see what everyone thinks about it. Maybe we can talk about preparedness and exchange phone numbers for who is willing. For the NWI people the western part can reach each other rather easily with access to 41, 55, and 65.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    any new developments?

Let me update the OP and say that we need to have a dinner in Area 3C soon! Give the IU students a couple of weeks to settle in and let's do another dinner. Other ideas that I have include:

1. Cold Weather Shoot (possibly a mini-seed with USA7Ret).
    2. Spring camping at McCormic's Creek for a night. Only stipulation is that you bring only bugout gear for the night!
    3. Gather enough interest in Area3 to hire ACT to come in and do a Carbine class.
    4. We really need some medical/trauma training. Locally there are red cross training classes that we should attend together. SilentWarrior1 was hoping to beef up this area in AREA 2W.
    5. I am looking into the Bloomington/Monroe County Citizen's Academy classes as another option for training.
    6. Letter writing groups. Area 3C is working on this now, and others should to. All it takes is a set date once a month, some munchies, alot of pencils and pens, and a list of current legislation actions to write about. This can be done out of a house if nothing else. Remember: hand written!

Let me update the OP at least and get back with more Area 3C specific stuff as it happens. Anyone else who has stuff happening, get it to me and I will list it as well.

Everyone is going to the Area 3E canning class, right?! No better way to spend inauguration day.

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    Let me update the OP and say that we need to have a dinner in Area 3C soon! Give the IU students a couple of weeks to settle in and let's do another dinner. Other ideas that I have include:

1. Cold Weather Shoot (possibly a mini-seed with USA7Ret).
    2. Spring camping at McCormic's Creek for a night. Only stipulation is that you bring only bugout gear for the night!
    3. Gather enough interest in Area3 to hire ACT to come in and do a Carbine class.
    4. We really need some medical/trauma training. Locally there are red cross training classes that we should attend together. SilentWarrior1 was hoping to beef up this area in AREA 2W.
    5. I am looking into the Bloomington/Monroe County Citizen's Academy classes as another option for training.
    6. Letter writing groups. Area 3C is working on this now, and others should to. All it takes is a set date once a month, some munchies, alot of pencils and pens, and a list of current legislation actions to write about. This can be done out of a house if nothing else. Remember: hand written!

Let me update the OP at least and get back with more Area 3C specific stuff as it happens. Anyone else who has stuff happening, get it to me and I will list it as well.

Everyone is going to the Area 3E canning class, right?! No better way to spend inauguration day.

I like the list, i'm in for all of it :yesway:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I'm down with that. I can't make the canning class though. I didn't think I could so I didn't say I would. Everything else I'm going to try.

C.H.U.D.

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Elkhart
    NCI

Im in Elkhart Co. and have seen to much for this area, I'm Willing to help,meet with like minded folks, can offer a little knowledge and would also like to join shoot please let me know

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    4. We really need some medical/trauma training. Locally there are red cross training classes that we should attend together.
    This is an excellent idea we need to keep on the front burner. Quite honestly, if a serious situation occurred, I'm not sure I'd have the knowledge or wherewithal to deal with it. That needs to change.

Suggestion - I'm sure the red cross classes are great, but I wonder if they are weapons friendly? If I'm gonna be giving medical assistance, there is a 99% chance I'll have a belt gun and ammo on me. If it's anything like even a minor SHTF, there will likely be a long gun in the mix also. As an alternative or addition to the red cross class, Tom Hildebrand is ACT’s Director of Medical Training. Adaptive Consulting & Training Tom Hildebrand - Emergency Medicine

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    This is an excellent idea we need to keep on the front burner. Quite honestly, if a serious situation occurred, I'm not sure I'd have the knowledge or wherewithal to deal with it. That needs to change.

Suggestion - I'm sure the red cross classes are great, but I wonder if they are weapons friendly? If I'm gonna be giving medical assistance, there is a 99% chance I'll have a belt gun and ammo on me. If it's anything like even a minor SHTF, there will likely be a long gun in the mix also. As an alternative or addition to the red cross class, Tom Hildebrand is ACT’s Director of Medical Training. Adaptive Consulting & Training Tom Hildebrand - Emergency Medicine

Learn in the classroom without anything hanging in the way then practice what you learned with like minded individuals...:D

Last edited:

Sgt 1371

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2008
    Laporte County
    Im in Elkhart Co. and have seen to much for this area, I'm Willing to help,meet with like minded folks, can offer a little knowledge and would also like to join shoot please let me know
    We shoot over at the St Joe County Restoration Club. Youre welcome to join us there. We have monthly shooting events/competitions. Check out the list of events at our website:SJCRC | Come out and have some FUN!

There has been interest in the past of cooperative training that has been discussed here. So far we have mainly enjoyed turning ammunition into noise. I think if we make a time and place for a meet up, we can share some ideas.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom