• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I traded a couple of XDs for what I believed to be a stock Gen 3 G19 and cash, and in getting it home it looks to be a G19 RTF2 with Gills, and in mint condition. What kind of value does it have and should I shoot it?

Pics here: G19 RTF2 - Imgur

I'm gonna choot it and enjoy it, figure I can get rid of it easily enough later on if I want to.

Let me know if that is something you want to part with at some point. I wouldn't pay a premium for one, but I'd promise to take care of it and give it a good home with some friends it can play with :ingo:

anifong

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Marshall County, IN
    The 17, 22, and 23 gill guns definitely seem to be more common, at least based on Armslist and Gunbroker searches, falling in line with bullet's list. Haven't found as many of the 19s with gills in trying to research values.

anifong

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Marshall County, IN
    If you want to sell or trade it let me know

Will keep that in mind, definitely prefer working with someone local. I keep staring at it, still hesitant to shoot it. I'm on vacation to do some deer hunting so been looking around for "realistic" value but not a lot of concrete info out there other than a couple of gun broker auctions and some armslist postings but those are all over. Had one guy offer his G19 plus a 10/22 but he's in Ohio so not sure the transfer hassles would be worth it.

anifong

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Marshall County, IN
    Let me know if that is something you want to part with at some point. I wouldn't pay a premium for one, but I'd promise to take care of it and give it a good home with some friends it can play with :ingo:

Haha, redacted did beat you to expressing interest, but I understand the sentiment about not wanting to give a premium. I'm not really a collector, but hate to "mess up" something that someone else may value.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Haha, redacted did beat you to expressing interest, but I understand the sentiment about not wanting to give a premium. I'm not really a collector, but hate to "mess up" something that someone else may value.

Definitely, you would likely do better with someone who just has to have the gills... personally, I want one, but would not treat it a bit differently than any other Glock I have, and would carry, and shoot it... You can't mess up a Glock by shooting it, IMO.

If someone is willing to offer you a premium for it, take it. I love my Glocks, but its a bit like offering someone more for a spoon with a different handle on it. I like that its different, but in the end, its still just a spoon.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Dude. Get in line.

If there's a line, I'm out... as stated, I wouldn't pay more for one with gills, but I would not turn one down for sure.

Custom serrations are just a few bucks away if you want them. I've got one that I had a carry melt put on the slide, and cerakoted by our friendly AllenM. And then the rest are all stock with the exception of Vicker's mag releases, and night sights.

Last edited:

Redacted

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 15, 2014
    Westville
    If there's a line, I'm out... as stated, I wouldn't pay more for one with gills, but I would not turn one down for sure.

Custom serrations are just a few bucks away if you want them. I've got one that I had a carry melt put on the slide, and cerakoted by our friendly AllenM. And then the rest are all stock with the exception of Vicker's mag releases, and night sights.
    I was just messing

Dim Mak

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 1, 2014
    Naptown
    I have a Glock 17 Gen 1 and I still shoot it very often... Not my favorite Glock, but I've never had any issues whatsoever and it eats anything I load.

cop car

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Southside
    Sorry I don't get people's obsessions with rtf glocks. The gen 4 has the same textured frame with the removable back straps to boot. As well as having an improved recoil spring/rod. I feel like anyone who has ever wanted an rtf glock has 3 already lol. I think the biggest reason why they kept selling them is/was because commiefornia doesn't allow their subjects to buy gen4 glocks.

I could see them being worth more than a normal glock in 10-15 years. But not anytime soon.

milton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Sorry I don't get people's obsessions with rtf glocks. The gen 4 has the same textured frame with the removable back straps to boot. As well as having an improved recoil spring/rod. I feel like anyone who has ever wanted an rtf glock has 3 already lol. I think the biggest reason why they kept selling them is/was because commiefornia doesn't allow their subjects to buy gen4 glocks.

I could see them being worth more than a normal glock in 10-15 years. But not anytime soon.
    RTF2's already command more money. The last used 23 on gunbroker sold for 705, 22c rtf2's sold for 1200+.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    RTF2's already command more money. The last used 23 on gunbroker sold for 705, 22c rtf2's sold for 1200+.

I want a gilled 19, but again, I'm not interested in paying a premium for one. I'm not too interested in the full size models personally.

milton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    I want a gilled 19, but again, I'm not interested in paying a premium for one. I'm not too interested in the full size models personally.
    I have all the gilled models (17,19,22,23). I only paid a premium for one of them. It's a NIB 23. The rest I've given 425-500 for. The 19's are definitely hard to come by.

cop car

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Southside

Still doesn't mean that I get it :p the first run of odg (really closer to fde) glocks were bringing 800-1000 easily on gunbroker.. Then they actually produced another set in real odg. Time will tell if the first odg glocks will be worth any money. But I doubt it. They will probably only be moderately more.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

The Gen 3 RTF Glocks do not have the same textured frame as the Gen 4 Glocks. The texture is completely different and the gen 4 grip without a backstrap is noticeably smaller than the RTF's gen 3 grip.

kashrack

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2019
    Hamilton co
    I read through the thread, but did not see mention of the factory engraved Glocks or any of the cc models?? CC models were made between 2001-2003, if I am not mistaken. CC models are basically competition focused models. These models must be some of, if not the most scarce/ rarest Glocks in the USA. Anyone own one?

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    I would love a gen 1 17... but I have yet to see one in person and rarely gunbroker. Actually I think I've only seen one..

Edit: just found 2 on g.b.
    $800
    $2800
    0bids...

Top Bottom