• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Jeez 800 bucks, thought they were coming out with something to compete with the smith and Wesson victory.

I'm sure if you wait a couple months the price would come down. It looks very nice, but with a Mark II, a Mark III 22/45 and a High Standard Sport-King, I'm not sure what I would do with another .22 target pistol.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Blued target list $529
    Stainless target list $689
    Stainless hunter list $769

Here are the equivalent Mk IIIs:
    Blued target list $499
    Stainless target list $---
    Stainless hunter list $729

Street price will be different from above, but it looks like they are going up $30-40 based on list price.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    I wonder if this field stripping change will make its way to the 22/45 line?!? The grip angle on the Mark series never felt quite right to me, but the 22/45 fits like a glove. But still, this is a really cool improvement, I love it, and think it will sell really well!

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Might just be me, but I'm missing the "wow" factor.

I would have been happier to see a Mark 3 with no loaded chamber indicator or magazine disconnect

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    From the video by .22Plinkster above:

-Much easier disassembly/reassembly
    -No loaded chamber indicator
    -Better trigger
    -Drop-free magazines (better for competition)
    -Replaceable grip panels
    -Uses Mk III magazines

Hopper- I'm with you on the 22/45. I really like my Mk III 22/45. I'm betting they will come out with variations over time (longer barrel, lite, 22/45), but they can't fully develop/introduce everything at once. We'll have to wait our turns.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Wonder if they will offer a 10" barrel again?

Watching that novice young lady pound the bullseye with yours last spring was epic. And the look on her face afterward was amazing.

I've learned how to deal with the annoyance they fixed. I just dont clean it until absolutely necessary. :lmfao:

Jomibe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2013
    Hendricks County
    I keep almost buying a Mark II on gunbroker every couple of months. I think I'd still prefer a II to a III or IV.

Looks like they did away with the loaded chamber indicator on this new one. Thats awesome.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I would love a 22/45 lite that was this easy to take apart and clean! I'm sure it'll be reality one day!

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Watching that novice young lady pound the bullseye with yours last spring was epic. And the look on her face afterward was amazing.

I've learned how to deal with the annoyance they fixed. I just dont clean it until absolutely necessary. :lmfao:

I get almost as much pleasure watching people shoot it as I do shooting it.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I've been pretty disappointed in Ruger's new releases. I love my 10/22 and my GP100, but the RAR has a low quality feel to me.

We live in a market where people will use $40 in gas to save $10 on a gun. Moving down market and focusing on efficiency to expand profit margins is a smart move.

This redesign will aid in efficiency too and make the end user happy. Think Ruger is about to hit a home run.

*NOTE: I have not shot the MkIV yet. I get to shoot it tomorrow so I'll report back when I do. Proof is in the pudding, and the shooting.:D

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    well thanks ruger!!!!! ive had my mark 1 for 20 years, my mark 3 for a month, and I've finally learned how to take it apart and put it back together(easily)....now you do this!!!!!!

what a bunch of:poop:!

make millions of "mark 1-2-3's" from the late 40's all the way till 2016, NOW they figure out how to do it the easy way!

I do know a gun shop that's supposed to have one either today or monday

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Look at it this way. Now you'll be able to tell Ruger Mk-IV newbies:

Back in my day, we didn't have none of that new-fangled one-button disassembly nonsense. We had to spend anywhere from minutes to hours trying to assemble/disassemble our guns using a paperclip and a hammer and we liked it. :oldwise:

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    ^ and we used our ruger 22 pistols to protect ourselves from the saber tooth tigers! CAUSE its all we had!, it'd take a would magazine full of stingers to bring down a saber tooth tiger cub!....that's why we rode brontosaurs, cause it'd take 3-4 mags to bring down a full grown saber tooth!

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    ^ and we used our ruger 22 pistols to protect ourselves from the saber tooth tigers! CAUSE its all we had!, it'd take a would magazine full of stingers to bring down a saber tooth tiger cub!....that's why we rode brontosaurs, cause it'd take 3-4 mags to bring down a full grown saber tooth!

I wore an onion on my belt and called nickels bees.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    well thanks ruger!!!!! ive had my mark 1 for 20 years, my mark 3 for a month, and I've finally learned how to take it apart and put it back together(easily)....now you do this!!!!!!

what a bunch of:poop:!

make millions of "mark 1-2-3's" from the late 40's all the way till 2016, NOW they figure out how to do it the easy way!

I do know a gun shop that's supposed to have one either today or monday

I have my Mark 1, since 1977, and my 22/45, for 5 years, and never had a problem with either one !!!!!

Top Bottom