• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Won't happen in it's current form. Ruger has already said that they have no intention to do WMR due to the lighter frame metal.

I still find this hard to believe (not directed at you Phase2). With the tiny bit of recoil and pressure generated by .22 lr or even .22 WMR I just can't imagine a gun not being able to take that. I have a Polish trainer WZ48 (looks like a Mosin) .22 single shot, and I truly think that thing could be rebarreled to 458 Winmag, it's so over-engineered.

As far as handguns go, NAA makes the little 22 mag pistols that are tiny. They're pretty worthless, IMO, other than being a novelty, but if they can handle .22 WMR, I would think the Wrangler frame could handle it. But I guess if it's coming from Ruger, and not just a sales ploy (to get you to buy this one and then buy the WMR version when it comes out :):), then maybe it's legit.

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Yep, tempting, but I've already put money down on it at Bradis and their price is competitive, so I'll support the LGS with this one. I'm sure they'll get one soon. Thanks, though.

Understood, and that's the honorable thing to do since you ordered through them. :yesway: I'm pretty sure that neither of us will be thinking about the price when we get them to the range. :D

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    I still find this hard to believe (not directed at you Phase2). With the tiny bit of recoil and pressure generated by .22 lr or even .22 WMR I just can't imagine a gun not being able to take that. I have a Polish trainer WZ48 (looks like a Mosin) .22 single shot, and I truly think that thing could be rebarreled to 458 Winmag, it's so over-engineered.

As far as handguns go, NAA makes the little 22 mag pistols that are tiny. They're pretty worthless, IMO, other than being a novelty, but if they can handle .22 WMR, I would think the Wrangler frame could handle it. But I guess if it's coming from Ruger, and not just a sales ploy (to get you to buy this one and then buy the WMR version when it comes out :):), then maybe it's legit.

Ruger pressure standards are way above the norm. Eariler in this thread (or another), a Ruger rep said it is based on pressure of a round fired into a barrel blocked by a squib. So, the pressure of the .22 mag on its own is not the problem. He clarified that somewhere early on.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Ruger pressure standards are way above the norm. Eariler in this thread (or another), a Ruger rep said it is based on pressure of a round fired into a barrel blocked by a squib. So, the pressure of the .22 mag on its own is not the problem. He clarified that somewhere early on.

Oh yeah, I do remember that now. Thanks for reminding me. The talk of the frame metal (as opposed to the barrel) is what had me confused I think.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Mine is in! I'll be picking it up tomorrow afternoon. Unless Comcast fails to restore my cable/phone/internet tonight, preventing me from working from home tomorrow, then I'll be picking it up tomorrow morning. :)

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I've seen pics floating around of someone threading these for cans...if it's possible I might be interested but would rather do a single six or a rough model 17 for that

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Picked it up this afternoon and I really think I'm going to like it. Feels real nice in the hand. :)

RsHTl0V.jpg

hBJCIP5.jpg

And here it is with it's big brother (Ruger Blackhawk Convertible 45 Colt/45 acp:

B18WFxz.jpg

Now I just need to find a couple of holsters for them.

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    Picked it up this afternoon and I really think I'm going to like it. Feels real nice in the hand. :)

RsHTl0V.jpg

hBJCIP5.jpg

And here it is with it's big brother (Ruger Blackhawk Convertible 45 Colt/45 acp:

B18WFxz.jpg

Now I just need to find a couple of holsters for them.

shopruger.com will have any kind of holster you want for your Ruger handguns.

dbg326

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2018
    Wells, ME
    The "used" silver example I scored for $150 OTD last week. Added the Hogue grips; all-in cost of $170.
    fa5a9d17b36222e5443489ce8ea0e9f2.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom