• Status
    Not open for further replies.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Hobarts schools are canceled for Monday and Tuesday do to the cold weather.

@ Jedi are you doing the group by for the 12ga shells.

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    First time trying a La Palina at the clubhouse. Been stuck on the LGC serie r and trunk show cigars for a a while, decided to try something different. Definitely gonna be one I'll have again.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    If this weather keeps up, the kids will have to go all summer to make up all the snow and cold weather days.

gggggggggggggooooooooooooooooooddddddddddddddddddddd

Actually before that happens they can kiss President's day good bye and Spring Break will be cut short or cut all together.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    :xmad:
    2 hour delay start at work for tomorrow.
    we are back to a fixed work schedule.
    Jedi is on the fence at going in now. Jedi **hates** have to take later trains to downdown.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Lowell/Tri-Creek Schools are closed on Monday, all after school activities and sporting events are cancelled.

The Fencing Tournament we were supposed to go to on Saturday was held in Chicago, but Tri-Creek cancelled our bus and cancelled us from attended.

So today I was tasked to go back to Lowell H.S. to help set up tables, chairs and food for a National Honors Society whoop-te-do. Got there, unloaded everything got most of it set up and the discussion turned to cancellation of the event because the snow was blowing so hard it was near-white-out conditions. A couple phone calls later and its decided that the event will be CANCELLED.

OK, fine, a lot of work but better to be safe. So its cancelled. My wife starts making the phone calls to cancel, notifies some of the key people that the event is off. Kids start getting notified, etc.

We start packing stuff up. Maybe 15 minutes later another call comes in. The Superintendent does NOT want to cancel the event. OK, not unreasonable.

OK, we start unpacking . . . and making phone calls to UN-cancel the event and get the people to show up that were just told NOT to show up.

Then another call comes in about 15 minutes later. The event is officially called off. WTF?!? Again...

First time trying a La Palina at the clubhouse. Been stuck on the LGC serie r and trunk show cigars for a a while, decided to try something different. Definitely gonna be one I'll have again.
    La Palina is a small boutique brand that has won LOTS of acclaim and awards for their cigars. Virtually every cigar they make is rated 90 or above, which is outstanding.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Maybe it's because kids have to walk/wait at bus stops? Maybe buses don't run well when it's this cold? I don't know. My last semester of FT employment is turning out to be a doozy.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    griffith schools just called it as well.
    no school tomorrow.

tomorrow is actually warmer than tuesday.
    this is getting riduculous!

as for who asked why they close.
    kids who have to walk or wait for bus the thinking is should not be exposed to this harsh climate.
    :blahblah:
    thanks to my generation of nancypants we have to do it for the children.
    sigh
    grandpa walked uphills both way to/from school so why cant these kids?
    we worn our snowpants, double socks, long johns, etc and walked the 3 blocks to the bus stop not as much as my grandpa but still. we are babing this society so much even at work....

gggrrrrr

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Maybe it's because kids have to walk/wait at bus stops? Maybe buses don't run well when it's this cold? I don't know. My last semester of FT employment is turning out to be a doozy.

People have fought politically, and literally, to be educated.
    I'm sure those people would understand letting cold weather be a reason.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom