• ...and so much more!
  • sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    You guys are a friggin RIOT :rolleyes:

TJ, I know how you like to bust on me for not beating you with your own Saiga but give me one of those outdated wheelguns for next month (a week or so ahead so I can practice reloads) and I'll smoke you!

Mrortega, I haven't ever seen anyone else in the 'ville OC so I guess its just you and me good buddy.

:rofl::laugh6::lmfao:

Sorry about that, I was just thinking of how GREAT it would have been for you to have squaded with the revolver crew last time:laugh: :facepalm: Why oh WHY didn't I think of that!

As to your challenge- IT'S ON!! (plus it's nice to have more than two in the division:D)

HobbyGuy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Newburgh
    I too am a regular OCer in Evansville. Unfortunately, I am generally limited to the bank, work, grocery, and home. And I am member of Red Brush.

On a funny note, the investment guy at the bank (a friend of mine) saw me walk in one morning last week and wanted to know if I had been to the zoo recently. :)

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I too am a regular OCer in Evansville. Unfortunately, I am generally limited to the bank, work, grocery, and home. And I am member of Red Brush.

On a funny note, the investment guy at the bank (a friend of mine) saw me walk in one morning last week and wanted to know if I had been to the zoo recently. :)

LOL! I was thinking I saw that somewhere and I couldn't remember which thread. Good to have you in our little group! I trust you haven't had any bad experiences? ;)

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    What local EVille places have we OCed at? I'll start:

Buy Low on Morgan (now IGA)

Schnucks on Lynch/Green and Washington/Green

Random CVS all over

Rural King (both)

I just realized it a lot of damn places. So I'll just list unique ones and if anyone has a question on if I've been there I'll try and answer.

Museum- yep OCed in the Evansville museum. No one even looked twice.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    What local EVille places have we OCed at? I'll start:

Buy Low on Morgan (now IGA)

Schnucks on Lynch/Green and Washington/Green

Random CVS all over

Rural King (both)

I just realized it a lot of damn places. So I'll just list unique ones and if anyone has a question on if I've been there I'll try and answer.

Museum- yep OCed in the Evansville museum. No one even looked twice.
    The museum doesn't count. Those old guys who sit at the security desk on the main floor have to be at least 100 yrs old and legally blind. No wonder nobody said anything:rolleyes:

Markedup

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    I'm from Fort Wayne. But ,I think I recall a river
    in Evansville. Do you folks ever open carry at the river?
    Perhaps I'll drive down and meet you at the river.

What is the blue ball of death?

Thanks

Mark

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    I'm from Fort Wayne. But ,I think I recall a river
    in Evansville. Do you folks ever open carry at the river?
    Perhaps I'll drive down and meet you at the river.

What is the blue ball of death?

Thanks

Mark
    You might say we have a river; the Ohio.

My wife gets sick of hearing this but somewhere in the distant past I swear I read a story about a guy sitting in his living room and a frozen ball of accidently jettisoned airliner waste smashed through his roof, ceiling, floor and into the basement. So when things are going great I'll look up into the sky and she'll ask what I'm looking for. I tell her the only thing that could ruin such a moment is the frozen blue ball of death. (The poor woman will get an automatic pass from St. Peter.)

jojoa55

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2010
    Evansville
    ok guys, you inspired me. I'm not that comfortable OC'ing...yet... but I did go to the Eastside Walmart last night to buy a few things. Only in there maybe 20 min but shopped the groceries and was OC'ing my G26 on my hip. Didn't get any comments. The cashier looked a bit nervous and I know she saw it, but she didn't say anything. I wished her a good night at work and all was done. Greeted in and out by the greeter with no incident. I'm trying to help you guys with this cause. Any tips or recommendations for good spots to start out OC'ing?

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Good for you! I would say right now the best thing to do is change one thing at a time. You have already changed the way you carry so just go about your normal routine only now you are OCing. If you act normal and are around people and places that are familiar to you then it will be an easy transition.

If you want more help or have a question about OCing, I have arguably the most experience in this area and I have OCed at a lot of places. Feel free to message me or post a question in this thread. I'm sure mrortega and I will be happy to help.

jojoa55

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2010
    Evansville
    Good for you! I would say right now the best thing to do is change one thing at a time. You have already changed the way you carry so just go about your normal routine only now you are OCing. If you act normal and are around people and places that are familiar to you then it will be an easy transition.

If you want more help or have a question about OCing, I have arguably the most experience in this area and I have OCed at a lot of places. Feel free to message me or post a question in this thread. I'm sure mrortega and I will be happy to help.
    Thanks for the tips. I took what you had to say and applied it this afternoon. My fiance and I take our dog for a walk most evenings in our neighborhood. Now, our neighborhood isn't smack dab in the middle of town or anything, but it's an active one that frequently has couples, families, etc walking or out in their yards in the afternoon. My fiance and I have ALWAYS been friendly to everyone we meet, and generally get good responses from our neighbors, so I thought "hey, this would be a great place to try OC". So today we walked our pup as normal and I OC'd while we went. Things went well, I was just as friendly as I always am, stopped and let the pup get a scratch behind the ear by another older couple, and went about the afternoon. In total, at least 10 of the people in my neighborhood saw a normal couple with their dog on an afternoon walk. May not seem like much, but hey, it's more exposure. Thanks again for the tips. It made me more comfortable to try it out doing something I always do in a place i'm comfortable with. +1 to you TF

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Most people won't realize that you're OC. The ones that do, your attitude and demeanor will diffuse MOST situations.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    ok guys, you inspired me. I'm not that comfortable OC'ing...yet... but I did go to the Eastside Walmart last night to buy a few things. Only in there maybe 20 min but shopped the groceries and was OC'ing my G26 on my hip. Didn't get any comments. The cashier looked a bit nervous and I know she saw it, but she didn't say anything. I wished her a good night at work and all was done. Greeted in and out by the greeter with no incident. I'm trying to help you guys with this cause. Any tips or recommendations for good spots to start out OC'ing?
    Good job being normal:yesway:

Just remember not to yell at people like T_Frost does. You see where it has gotten him:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Thanks for the tips. I took what you had to say and applied it this afternoon. My fiance and I take our dog for a walk most evenings in our neighborhood. Now, our neighborhood isn't smack dab in the middle of town or anything, but it's an active one that frequently has couples, families, etc walking or out in their yards in the afternoon. My fiance and I have ALWAYS been friendly to everyone we meet, and generally get good responses from our neighbors, so I thought "hey, this would be a great place to try OC". So today we walked our pup as normal and I OC'd while we went. Things went well, I was just as friendly as I always am, stopped and let the pup get a scratch behind the ear by another older couple, and went about the afternoon. In total, at least 10 of the people in my neighborhood saw a normal couple with their dog on an afternoon walk. May not seem like much, but hey, it's more exposure. Thanks again for the tips. It made me more comfortable to try it out doing something I always do in a place i'm comfortable with. +1 to you TF

Great start! If you stick to public areas then you won't have to deal with cops or a manager telling you that you cannot have a gun there...

Well, most times anyway, see AJG's post LOL

Most people won't realize that you're OC. The ones that do, your attitude and demeanor will diffuse MOST situations.

Agree 100%

Good job being normal:yesway:

Just remember not to yell at people like T_Frost does. You see where it has gotten him:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Alan tends to believe everything he reads in the paper... :n00b:

:D

Top Bottom