• BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    T.V. just stated he's on life support.
    But I think I saw that he died.
    I wish they'd confirm stuff first.

Early reports were that he died. Now they say he's in grave condition. Some of the information has been put up then taken down as well. I hope I'm wrong, but it seems a possibility that he's being kept on life support as an organ donor, not as a patient with a chance to recover. That was the situation with David Moore once they realized his brain function wasn't there.

Fallen officer's family promoting organ donation - 13 WTHR Indianapolis

Moore was my friend, and I cannot believe the strength his family displayed and has continued to display. I hope that the Schultz family is able to heal and find what peace they can in this horrific time.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Early reports were that he died. Now they say he's in grave condition. Some of the information has been put up then taken down as well. I hope I'm wrong, but it seems a possibility that he's being kept on life support as an organ donor, not as a patient with a chance to recover. That was the situation with David Moore once they realized his brain function wasn't there.

Fallen officer's family promoting organ donation - 13 WTHR Indianapolis

Moore was my friend, and I cannot believe the strength his family displayed and has continued to display. I hope that the Schultz family is able to heal and find what peace they can in this horrific time.

I pray for the officer.
    I pray even more for the family.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Prayers for the officer and his family.. Things like this make me sick to my stomach.. What is happening in this world??

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]-- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]Ruger MK III, M&P & 1911mechanic [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&quot] –[/FONT] Certified Glock armorer

TontoKowalski

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Do we even know yet if the suspect was really wearing body armor? Every time someone wears a tactical vest we have to go a week hearing it was body armor before they figure out it wasn't and just quietly quit saying it was.

Edit: Morning news just told us that the shooter killed himself after shooting Officer Shultz.

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Do we even know yet if the suspect was really wearing body armor? Every time someone wears a tactical vest we have to go a week hearing it was body armor before they figure out it wasn't and just quietly quit saying it was.

That's true.
    They said it about Aurora. (Purposely not saying name of *******).

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Meh...any thirty-something male could basically accomplish all that in a rough weekend in Vegas.

That's not a corner, that's a hole that one has dug and thrown oneself into.

Men have been killing people for a long time because they suck at life, not a good excuse.

Correct. No amount of context can justify this douche's actions.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN

Edit: Morning news just told us that the shooter killed himself after shooting Officer Shultz.

What exactly is a "tactical vest"?

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    So let's see
    1) you lose your job
    2) you hire an atty to fight the evict because you are just behind on the homeowner fees and lose
    3) you girlfriend leaves you
    4) your credit cards are 6K in the whole with no way to pay them
    5) you get kick out of the only place you call home
    6) you have 80K in debt over the lost court case

So what do you have left?
    You corner an animals don't expect that animal to go quietly into the afterlife

Seems like he willingly painted himself into that corner. Could have just suited up and walked North till he found a corner of the world to crawl into. Losing at litigation lottery is not an excuse any more than losing at the regular lottery.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

What if it turns out he was? I mean, if that's the aspect we're going to focus on, if he was wearing body armor then what?

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    What exactly is a "tactical vest"?

One I wear when I'm feeling tactical?:dunno:

One that's khaki, OD Green, or black? Holds mags, weapons or 'body armor'?

Something that makes me look like I once deployed somewhere?

I tend to stay away from that stuff as there are way too many who wear it around because it's coolish. A concealment vest shouldn't scream "I GOT GUNS!"

Other than that I suppose it's one I'd wear while crawling around in the mud in tactical situations.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    What if it turns out he was? I mean, if that's the aspect we're going to focus on, if he was wearing body armor then what?

I don't see that it is relevant information other than in demonstrating intent. It's like saying someone was using an AK instead of a Win. mod 70 and thinking that was significant. When I'd be much more worried about the rifleman with a Win 70 in 300 Win Mag than some gang banger with an AK variant.

If it is true that he also killed himself then why didn't he just start there? Sheesh.

Last edited:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Did they say what type of weapon the shooter used?
    Or what type the police had? I figure they probably just had their sidearms.

As why the shooter did not just kill himself.
    Maybe he was and the police interupted it by kicking in the door.
    The article i read is the police just kicked in the door.
    Not sure if they first talked to him giving shooter time to get ready for them.
    Seems likely as who wears a vest inside a home waiting for something to happen.
    Unless he figured no way ill let the police remove me again since they did the last time.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Btw "love" how the paper reported about the death of the gary police oficer that occured 2 months ago as well.
    Had no relationship to this story other then guns were used.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    This officer has passed...per the attached article. Merrillville police officer has died following Friday night shooting | WGN-TV

I have a close friend whose son is an officer in that area. He is very shook up by this incident, particularly as it happened so soon after the officer in Gary's death. He told his mom that three officers were sent to deal with this situation. The shooter shot the deceased officer twice in the chest...knocked him down with the impact of those shots. The shooter then shot him in the head while he was down. I wondered if maybe they were keeping him on life support due to possibly being an organ donor or something.

Prayers to his family and friends and all of those who serve.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Btw "love" how the paper reported about the death of the gary police oficer that occured 2 months ago as well.
    Had no relationship to this story other then guns were used.

Or that they were both police officers in the same general area.

I don't see that it is relevant information other than in demonstrating intent.

Then why the question (I know it wasn't from you, but it was the quote I was addressing) casting doubt on if he was really wearing armor or a "tactical vest"?

Top Bottom