• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosier21

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    South Bend
    This took place on my beat, in a neighborhood where we have zero problems. It pisses me off.

Just goes to show we can never let our guard down, it can happen anywhere. My neighborhood is like that, 15 homes, great neighbors and never any issues. But I'm hardly ever without my ruger. Appreciate the job you do, praying you get the animal soon.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    It is hard to be forgiving in instances like this because we are just men. Jesus is God.

If you are going to indict the entirety of Christianity based upon the perceived shortcomings of any one person, you misunderstand the nature of Christianity and humanity.

To want to see justice done when a crime is committed is not anti-Christian. Christ preached forgiveness, and for an individual, it is the best way forward, but God does not even afford forgiveness unless a person asks for it.

Further, God's word indicates that it is a government's proper place to carry out justice, including justice that may include violence:

Even given that, I personally do not believe that the death penalty has been justly or accurately applied in many cases, so I do not support it at this time.

And the human reaction to want to see swift, sure and painful retribution? Understandable in our humanity, but not the right attitude. Let me know when all of your attitudes are 100% correct all the time and I'll do likewise. The struggle to do and think what is right persists this entire life and I choose not to condemn a person who is fighting the fight for not winning every battle of self.

The funny thing about Christianity is: it's comprised entirely of humans, who are just as fallible and sinful as every other human. The only difference is: we recognize our fallibility, and rely on Jesus Christ to save us from ourselves. It doesn't mean that we become perfect, sinless, or infallible - or that we even believe ourselves to be. So, before you get too comfortable up there on your moral high horse, realize that you're holding someone to a moral standard to which you don't even hold yourself.

If one is going to present oneself as a Christian in front of untold millions on the internet, then one should stop and consider how they are representing themselves and their faith before posting. Sure, we all have moments where we get angry and want vengeance - just don't do it in the name of a religion that supposedly stands for unconditional love.

As for condemning Christianity based on the actions of a few, isn't that what many folks on here are doing in other threads regarding Islam?

gunsisgood

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 19, 2010
    Maine
    As for condemning Christianity based on the actions of a few, isn't that what many folks on here are doing in other threads regarding Islam?

Islam condones evil Christianity does not,
    pretty simple really.

Sorry to get off subject.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

The problem with this argument is that a religion is properly defined by the contents of its book(s) and the teachings and example of its followers. ISIS is following the Islam of Mohammed better than any other contemporary group. I find it amazing that the same people who will defend Islam claiming that those following this example are aberrant while those NOT following the example of Mohammed are representative while at the same time condemning Christians who fail to perfectly replicate Christ.

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    Why does this have to devolve into a religious argument?
    Because LP1 got butt hurt that one member wanted justice for the murder of this innocent woman and the person who posted it had an avatar of men praying. LP1 needs to get a life - Freedom of Speech, Freedom of Religion, Right to Bear Arms. All go hand in hand and protect the other one. Guess LP1 doesn't like all 3?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Because, just maybe, we do not need assistance in identifying the person(s) in the image and don't want to give them a public heads-up that we're onto them.

This took place on my beat, in a neighborhood where we have zero problems. It pisses me off.

I hope (pray? :) what... too soon?) the former is true, and I have no doubt the latter is.

Indy isn't so big yet that someone can hide out a long time against a motivated investigation. So, unless the dude has serious out of state contacts, hopefully it will just be a matter of (a short amount of) time.

Then we can have a fair trial and hang him.

(Do I need to say "purple" in that last part or was it clear enough?)

Top Bottom