• ...and so much more!
  • rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Oh, yeah, I think they are STUPID!
    Why would anyone want the same size gun shooting a pistol caliber when it could be a .223, 300 blk, 6.8 or any of the much more hard hitting rifle calibers?
    Range toy? I'd rather practice with the .223.
    Cheaper ammo is the only plus I see.

ok, Mr. Yeager. :)

I am some what interested, but my PCC is suppressed. I would just hate to have to build another upper for it, hate too!

Same here. I wouldn't mind shooting PCC in a uspsa match, done it for fun many times, but I wouldn't right away as I'd need a new upper or at least a new barrel .(I wont shoot mine w/o the can for safety reasons)

sporter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southern, Indiana
    That's the way I'd like to see it. Run the COF with one gun and then run it again, at the end of your squad with the other gun. I wouldn't stay after the pistol match to shoot this but I'd shoot it during the normal match. It would just be like having another shooter on the same squad, just account for the number of guns and not number of shooters when setting up the squads.

I can see that being a nightmare for the squad mates, ro's, squad that's following the slow squad with the guy with 2 guns, 2 rigs, etc.

It's not 3 gun, and that's exactly what we are trying to avoid.

Last edited:

kevinsr98

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   1
    Feb 12, 2011
    I can see that being a nightmare for the squad mates, ro's, squad that's following the slow squad with the guy with 2 guns, 2 rigs, etc.

I disagree. We run shooters with multiple guns in steel challenge all the time and it has never caused a problem. Not sure what your trying to avoid or why you would even care if someone shot a pcc at a uspsa match...

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)

6.2.4. Up to the MD.
    It's not very common, other than special classifiers, for the reasons you mention.
    shooting a second gun as a match after the match is generally a no-go since then most of your tear down help will drive off while everyone else "plays."
    -rvb

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    I disagree. We run shooters with multiple guns in steel challenge all the time and it has never caused a problem. Not sure what your trying to avoid or why you would even care if someone shot a pcc at a uspsa match...

apples /= oranges.
    scc = virtually no stage reset, mags not getting dropped/cleaned, .22s just need bagged, etc. so you can afford half the squad screwing around w. A second gun when you only need 1 guy w. A paint can to reset.
    And I don't know scc rules as well, but USPSA you can only have 1 gun on you, where in scc I know I usually still wear my holstered first gun when shooting 22. So that's a lot of trips to the safe table.

-rvb

Last edited:

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    I may have talked to the president elect last weekend. I think he is seriously looking into. Start positions he thinks could be done with gun pointing at flag or paint a spot on a wall section. He seemed optimistic it could be done.

sporter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southern, Indiana

I am actually in favor of PCC and will shoot it given the chance (you would realize this if you read my post on the first page).

But, I think organizing it properly so it doesn't fail goes a long way (this is why I favor some sort of test period before throwing it on at real matches)

And, I say this from a perspective of RO'ing squads all summer and seeing that even small delays snow-ball into big delays. Then everyone starts getting irritated to say the least.

Last edited:

BillD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Greenwood

What two rigs?
    That's what I like about two gun, nothing really extra needed over what we usually have at a pistol match other than your rifle and some loaded mags.

mongo404

Master
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Frankfort
    Unless it gets added to USPSA as a division you can pretty much do what you want.
    If not added as a division, I doubt if ran in conjunction with a USPSA match You would be able to use electronic scoring. maybe a separate device and have all PCC shooters on one squad.
    Or It would have to be scored separately on paper.
    But if ran by its self you could use electronic. (Me thinking while typing)

So using low ready and table starts and mags on barrels would eliminate need for extra gear.

Also I don't load rifle ammo anymore so it would have to be pistol caliber for me to play. Buying 223 ammo for a 150-200 round matches would just be to expensive in my opinion.
    I would just as soon them just stick to 9mm 40 and 45acp that way we can run the same stages with steel.

BillD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Greenwood
    So using low ready and table starts and mags on barrels would eliminate need for extra gear.

Also I don't load rifle ammo anymore so it would have to be pistol caliber for me to play. Buying 223 ammo for a 150-200 round matches would just be to expensive in my opinion.
    I would just as soon them just stick to 9mm 40 and 45acp that way we can run the same stages with steel.

I understand the pistol calibers. Now, I've never shot at a Texas Star with a carbine, that would be fun.

CAMO66

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Effingham, IL.
    I may have talked to the president elect last weekend. I think he is seriously looking into. Start positions he thinks could be done with gun pointing at flag or paint a spot on a wall section. He seemed optimistic it could be done.

My problem is, what about uprange starts, and strong hand weak hand only parts of a stage. I think it would be fun but only as a side match. to many extra headaches for everyone by having to start some shooters oneway (handgun) and other shooters a different way(longguns).
    Anytime you have more guns to shoot it makes it harder on the rest of the squad.(i.e. 10 gun squad only with only 8 shooters for example)
    Just my 2cents

mongo404

Master
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Frankfort
    My problem is, what about uprange starts, and strong hand weak hand only parts of a stage. I think it would be fun but only as a side match. to many extra headaches for everyone by having to start some shooters oneway (handgun) and other shooters a different way(longguns).
    Anytime you have more guns to shoot it makes it harder on the rest of the squad.(i.e. 10 gun squad only with only 8 shooters for example)
    Just my 2cents

Not sure I have ever shot a long gun weak hand before. But there's a first time for everything.
    I'm starting to think a separate match would be a lot easier.

BillD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Greenwood
    Just like shooting a pistol weak hand, it's something you have to practice.
    I for one would like to see these as part of the main match.
    Side matches after the main match bring another set of headaches.

Top Bottom