• ...and so much more!
  • blkrifle

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    terre haute
    I disagree. We run shooters with multiple guns in steel challenge all the time and it has never caused a problem. Not sure what your trying to avoid or why you would even care if someone shot a pcc at a uspsa match...

20 shooters at SC with 2 guns is not the same as 80 shooters at a USPSA match with 2 guns

RePete68

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Lowell, IN
    I would play for sure!! I see some on here are concerned about allowing people to shoot two guns in one match would slow down the match. Just an idea. Why not only allow the competitor to shoot one gun per match. Either PCC or one of the other existing divisions? See how it popular it is & consider allowing people to run two guns per match at future matches. Doing a PCC side match after main match?...I wouldn't stick around. At the end of a match all I'm thinking about is where I'm gonna get lunch! No rifle calibers, low ready or table starts, minor scoring, all great ideas! Keep it simple.

My vote would be to allow people to shoot two guns per match & when squadding shooters at sign up, make sure squads are even by number of guns, not number of bodies.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I think PCC makes sense. Be a great division to get my son started in a couple of years. If they were to offer this I would probably invest in a carbine or better yet a pistol caliber SBR.

Hey can I shoot a 9mm with Sig stock in carry optics? :):

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    My concerns are from talking to friends that shoot 3 gun is most hate shotguns and some don't even care for handgun that much they are there for rifle. Lots of shooters out there waiting on something like this without the huge investment of a shotgun and handgun.
    If USPSA adds a rifle division will we have 20 or more new shooters showing up wanting to shoot their rifle? While I love the idea of getting new shooters into the sport several clubs are running close to max capacity now. Adding 20 or more new shooters would put some club matches at over 100 shooters. Makes for a long day.
    I don't think letting a shooter shoot handgun and rifle on the same squad is a good Idea. With them being on deck and then shooting and then reloading their mags for pistol and rifle they wouldn't be help resetting the stage much if any. A squad with 3 or 4 shooters doing both will have the same 2 or 3 shooters resetting all the time. Want to shoot 2 guns? Shoot a second round after the first round.
    It does sound fun if the rules are thought out before starting it.

Here is my PCC

:lmfao:

romack991

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    Practiscore isn't an issue. You can add a custom division.

Technically it would be up to the match directors discretion (6.2.4.1), but I'm pretty sure they'd want to keep it to one gun per person per day. People aren't shooting Production and Limited at the same match. This shouldn't be any different. Having a squad of 8 people but 12 guns would suck.

BillD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Greenwood
    My concerns are from talking to friends that shoot 3 gun is most hate shotguns and some don't even care for handgun that much they are there for rifle. Lots of shooters out there waiting on something like this without the huge investment of a shotgun and handgun.
    If USPSA adds a rifle division will we have 20 or more new shooters showing up wanting to shoot their rifle? While I love the idea of getting new shooters into the sport several clubs are running close to max capacity now. Adding 20 or more new shooters would put some club matches at over 100 shooters. Makes for a long day.
    I don't think letting a shooter shoot handgun and rifle on the same squad is a good Idea. With them being on deck and then shooting and then reloading their mags for pistol and rifle they wouldn't be help resetting the stage much if any. A squad with 3 or 4 shooters doing both will have the same 2 or 3 shooters resetting all the time. Want to shoot 2 guns? Shoot a second round after the first round.
    It does sound fun if the rules are thought out before starting it.

Here is my PCC

:lmfao:

It's not their normal rifles. Will all those rifle shooters go out and buy a PCC? Especially considering they don't want the expense of a handgun and shotgun?

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    I'm somewhat new to the sport (just over a year). What is the policy on people shooting, say, both Limited and Production at a "normal" match at ACC or WVPPS or _____?

Does it vary from club to club?

Where I'm going with this is, I don't seem to see it very much. There has to be a reason. Why would PCC be treated any different? Are we looking for special dispensation for this division because it is "new" and trying to get off the ground? If it takes off and becomes a "real" division - will the people who like it "commit" to it, and choose it as their gun for the day? Or is what we're doing actually making USPSA into 2-gun? I think PCC as a new division...and turning USPSA from 1-gun into 2-gun...are really two different subjects which need to be separated.

If making people leave their pistol at home and "commit" to PCC causes their interest in PCC to evaporate...that sorta tells us something. If you're not interested in it enough to commit and shoot "PCC only" during the monthly match, then we're just making USPSA into 2-gun and should be honest about that.

I like the idea of having a new division (especially when some others are so poorly-subscribed). I can easily see there being as many PCC shooters as there are Open shooters, and more than Revo. I do think people who want to shoot it should commit to it, and not mess up matches and make them take all day for others, as a backdoor way of squeezing more shooting into your own personal day...if that practice isn't already allowed otherwise (for good reasons).
    (Kevlar on...:smileak:)

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    It's not their normal rifles. Will all those rifle shooters go out and buy a PCC? Especially considering they don't want the expense of a handgun and shotgun?

This is true Bill but a upper and a handful of mags will be a lot cheaper than a pistol with mods and mags and holster with pouches. Then a shotgun with mods and shotshell holders. That doesn't take into account loading or buying ammo for 3 entirely different platforms.
    PPC in 9MM might be one of the cheapest ways to get in to our sport.

romack991

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    I'm somewhat new to the sport (just over a year). What is the policy on people shooting, say, both Limited and Production at a "normal" match at ACC or WVPPS or _____?

Does it vary from club to club?

Where I'm going with this is, I don't seem to see it very much. There has to be a reason. Why would PCC be treated any different? Are we looking for special dispensation for this division because it is "new" and trying to get off the ground? If it takes off and becomes a "real" division - will the people who like it "commit" to it, and choose it as their gun for the day? Or is what we're doing actually making USPSA into 2-gun? I think PCC as a new division...and turning USPSA from 1-gun into 2-gun...are really two different subjects which need to be separated.

If making people leave their pistol at home and "commit" to PCC causes their interest in PCC to evaporate...that sorta tells us something. If you're not interested in it enough to commit and shoot "PCC only" during the monthly match, then we're just making USPSA into 2-gun and should be honest about that.

I like the idea of having a new division (especially when some others are so poorly-subscribed). I can easily see there being as many PCC shooters as there are Open shooters, and more than Revo. I do think people who want to shoot it should commit to it, and not mess up matches and make them take all day for others, as a backdoor way of squeezing more shooting into your own personal day...if that practice isn't already allowed otherwise (for good reasons).
    (Kevlar on...:smileak:)

Agreed, I don't think the intention is to turn it into a multi-gun match. Pick one for the day and have fun.

Top Bottom