• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    the two front garage doors are 18x8 with a DC belt drive batter back up opener, and a 12x8 ready to add an opener whenever I am not broke again. the rear is 12x9.5

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I am digging those garage doors! They look great! I am looking forward to seeing more of the inside when it's done.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Originally yes, but after I added up the costs for all the add on projects that had to get done since I decided to completely finish the inside of the garage now there just isn't room.... To many other things dependent on other things that all has to get done so I can put the property back together and get it looking nice again. As such I didn't add any extra concrete or reinforcement anywhere....

I would like to add a lift, but its only 10ft ceilings, but I would take reccomendations for anthing at the 1500 mark or under.... otherwise this will be something I add years to come.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    A quality 2 post lift is great for when you need to work on suspension, wheels, tires, brakes, etc. etc.

A simpler but quality 4 post is good for oil changes an such. I'd save your coins for a 2 post if I were you, even if it took a few years.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    what weight lift should I be looking for? 6k? 9k?

depends what you are lifting...I like to overdo things, so I'd shoot for 2x what your heaviest car weighs or right about there...

Edit: Just so it's known, I'm not an expert in these vehicle lift...consult an expert and get a second opinion.

lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    Very nice pics Nick! Thanks for sharing them. :yesway:

Your property looks like it will serve you well and allow you to do the things you enjoy.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Here it is lit up at night...

hole dug for the dry well for the trench drain

trenched in

Everything in place ready for backfill

Trench for water and power to the barn

and backfilled.... also spread 46 ton of gravel around and in front of the barn.... now I have room to store all my implements and trailers

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    VERY...... everytime I see it during the day I feel disappointed but I believe that's because it has 13 windows and lets so much light in.... But when you see this picture at night time you can tell it doesn't have much shadowing and really has a daylight feel to it. And that's w/ one more light still to hang and two of the lights not on yet (because of the other light that still needs to be hung)

I appreciate everything very much!

Last edited:
    Top Bottom