• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    So it might be lack of opportunity or lack of exposure that keeps a lot of women away from guns

Maybe in part...
    But I grew up around guns and still didn't get the bug until I was much older.
    Around my house, they were tools for ranch work or dispatching varmints...

It was mostly "just look, don't touch - Ever". I only had cause to do it once, and the shotgun knocked me on my butt. I was "heroine of the day", but "heroine with a black and blue shoulder, ringing ears, and a sore butt".

Last edited:

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    My father was in the Army unitl I was 18 so I was around guns and tanks and just about everything. My dad;s mom carried a 38 special and my mom;s dad had many shot guns that he used to let me shoot when we went to Ky to visit and I was just a skinny little runt. I had more interest in guns than any of my 5 brothers. Imagine that. I think most women that are not exposed to them are very afraid of them so they do not want to be around them. Period. I know lots of women who will not allow a gun in their house. Guns are not for all people. If you are afraid of them then I beleive you need to stay away from them and not own one. My grandmother was not afraid and I used to see her with her gun and I thought what a hell of a woman and she was. Very independant and not afraid of nothing. I am so much like her, so my family tells me. I take that as a major compliment for sure.:)::D By the way I also carry a 38special just like my dear old granny....

RacineDKringle

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    I wasn't really exposed to guns in any real way when I was young (dad had shotguns under the bed that he never used) - but I think if you want to learn about something you may otherwise be afraid of, you'll get over it and learn more about them.

I think some women don't care about guns or defense - but 'papa' Robert Heinlein's books taught me that anyone should be able to defend themselves with whatever they have on hand (preferably a gun, heh).

snojet

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2009
    Carmel
    Hello Ladies,
    I wish to contribute here. I am not trying to thread-jack, so forgive me if I do, or you interpret so.
    I want to advocate the different target shooting matches that are all over the state. They are called by there abbreviations, which are the IDPA, USPSA, and SCSA. Really there are others but my daughters and I are involved with the three listed here . My wife doesn't wish to compete, but she supports our daughters to do so. Anyway, ladies get yourselves into any of the above matches. It will teach you how to handle your firearm more effectively and safely. I actually could go on and on about this.
    Simply, check it out. Go to the above organizations web sites and learn. Hopefully a local range hosts one or more of these organizations shooting matches. Try it, and you will be hooked.

If you have any questions then ask.

Happy shooting...

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2010
    So, I'm almost at week 8 (tomorrow) on waiting for my LTCH and closer to busting out my G36 from 'prison'. I have decided to just go with the flow as to carrying (where allowed) the only thing I have completly decided on is to not carry in a purse. As much as I love to buy them I don't like to carry them everywhere I go. I am going to look into getting a belly wrap or something to use while wearing a summer dress. Any suggestions on how to carry while wearing a summer dress?
    Oh and i'm totally in if we have an all ladies get together.

BooneDoomer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    East side; Indianapolis
    If you're looking for a good IWB holster try searching a company called Crossbreed. I can conceal my full-sized 226 with minimal effort in the summer. The holster does great at distributing the weight and its the most comfortable holster I have ever worn.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield

I thought she was wanting to put a holster on her waist under her dress or something..........:popcorn:

She said belly wrap and figured the bad guy would get a show while she was trying to get to the gun haha.

I think the above holster would be the best idea... could probably put it on your legt just above were the dress hangs....... Im a guy though so who knows....

BooneDoomer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    East side; Indianapolis
    What joe posted is a great holster for dress parties.
    I have a lady friend who got a concealable high-thigh dress holster, I couldnt notice it at all. not that I uh ..was trying to. :D

EDIT*

Here's my crossbreed holster:
    I threw it on pretty quickly just to show you guys.
    When installed correctly the grip doesnt stick out.
    219ur7b.jpg

Last edited:

ladyphoenix

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    Columbus
    I carry (concealed) a full-size XD-9. Love it. Would rather carry the AR, of course. At the moment, it's just in the purse, but relatively accessible. Looking into other "methods" of carrying, including one of the posts above (thanks!).

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2010
    holsters

I thought she was wanting to put a holster on her waist under her dress or something..........:popcorn:

She said belly wrap and figured the bad guy would get a show while she was trying to get to the gun haha.

I think the above holster would be the best idea... could probably put it on your legt just above were the dress hangs....... Im a guy though so who knows....

well, I figured I might stun them enough with the "show" that it will give me that extra second to get to my gun!:D
    I've been looking at thigh holsters this morning and I want one! Wonder if Bradis has any? :dunno:

mx_chick_42

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    Syracuse, IN
    i have 3 that i carry at different times. the one i like to carry the most is my kel tec .32 IWB i also hav a little H&R .22 revolver that i carry IWB. but on the wknds i carry my smith n wesson .40 OWB and mostly oc with the .40 but my b/f tells my to cover alot of times

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2010
    I have come to the conclusion that with my body type it is impossible to completly or even slightly cc! i imprint like a swimmer wearing speedo's! lol

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2010
    right now I just have a blackhawk serpa it has both the paddle and belt loop. i like it, but it just makes my gun stick out too much to conceal. Not a big fan of inside the pants carry. did that when I had my 357 and 380. and honestly i probably wear my pants a little too tight in the waist (refuse to buy a size bigger cause I need to loose all the post babies weight again) anyway what might you suggest JetGirl?

Top Bottom