Regal Cinemas to begin searching patron's bags prior to admission.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yup. Their house, their rules.

But, if I don't LIKE their rules, I'll go to someone ELSE'S house.

Case in point: I don't like the lack of cleaning @ a local theater, so I don't go there. Now, I don't care to have some kid root through my wife's purse @ Regal, so I won't go there.

They can have any asinine rule, policy, routine, or stench that they want. I can watch a movie (or not) wherever I want. Easy, breezy, beautiful....

+10 inbound.

Well it would be but you block.

+10 anyway.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    As the beta/delta/gamma male population increases... I could see that number rising. Boys carrying murses, wearing their jeggings and flip-flops.

Saw a grown-ass man walking around Wal-Mart last week in pajama pants. Wanted to slap the **** out of him.

I am waiting for the thread that starts.....

" I was walking through Wal-Mart ankle carrying my G26 when this dude in an some kinda tye die T-shirt and cargo shorts starts staring at my sweats. I'm thinking WTF? Am I putting out some weird vibe I don't intend or does this guy wanna know where I bought my sweats.........kinda looked like he wanted to slap me....."

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Yup. An unarmed/untrained person checking bags. That makes me feel safe.

Yup. Their property, their right.
    Just like it's my right to not go there.
    And it's my right to make fun of it.

ParaManAR15

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 1, 2012
    Noblesville
    CC'd when I went to see Jurassic World a while back at the Regal in Carmel. They had an Officer standing by the ticket line and I had no issues since no one could see it. All seems to be a feel good issue put on by corporate.

poptab

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    As the beta/delta/gamma male population increases... I could see that number rising. Boys carrying murses, wearing their jeggings and flip-flops.

Saw a grown-ass man walking around Wal-Mart last week in pajama pants. Wanted to slap the **** out of him.

What is this? High school?
    Might want to seek some counseling...

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I could be wrong, but if I recollect proper like, this last theater shooter (Tennessee) I remember reading that he paid and entered like everyone else, then opened the emergency exit to retrieve a backpack/bag with the firearm inside.
    How would a door/purse search remedy that scenario?

Yeah, that's what I thought.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    If you really don't know what those are; it is total irony in conjunction with your username......
    Squirrel, Is it the remote control variety????

Lol.. Not that I know of. But she one of those girls that, you just never know what's gonna happen next.

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    central IN
    They need to do a pat-down on everyone, just to be sure.

And a cavity search in case of carbon fiber or ceramic knife smuggling. Don't forget the Chinese mass knife murders! If Regal hires a Proctologist to do it, then they can claim, "Free proctology exams for all patrons!". That should really increase ticket sales... Either way, I still prefer DVD's or Netflix at home.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Were I there and they wanted to search my wife's purse, I'm not sure which of us would be first to tell them exactly where they could pound sand and then go searching to remove it.

I'm glad that they refunded the OP's money... If you're going to have a policy like that and not tell people until after they're in and have paid... that is dirty. And yes, it has me miffed enough at the underhandedness of it that I likely would be provoked to a breach of courtesy. To wit:

"Hey, pencil neck...? Golf Foxtrot Yankee. Refund my money while you're trying to figure that one out."

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    Aren't they supposed to be making it harder for copycats, not easier? Nothing but slaughterhouses!

I can easily wait until it comes out on Redbox, VUDU, etc. and watch them from the safety of my heavily guarded/armed home theatre! Plus the snacks are more fresh and a hell of a lot cheaper. ;)

OutdoorDad

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    I suddenly get a visual of Skipper or Barbie peering into a bag to behold a full sized 1911. Step II, Plan B ?

If the owner of the weapon has evil intent, plan B is easy... The murdering happens in the crowded lobby instead of the theatre proper.
    I have no data to support it, but I'll bet more people have died from choking on food bought from the snack bar than from gunfire in theaters. And heart attacks probably take more than all other causes combined.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Carmike Cinemas in Fort Wayne suddenly began searching purses a couple of weeks ago too. We bought our tickets and when we handed them to the teenager in a vest she asked my wife to open her purse. I promptly said NO and we began walking towards our movie. The young manager was radioed for and she rushed over. This time my wife said NO, we are watching the movie we paid for or you are refunding our money. Our money was promptly refunded. Oddly enough this whole time I was standing there with my CCW.

Third day now and I am still waiting for a response to the letter I sent:

Got a response from the Carmike District Manager and an apology. Appears the teenagers in charge of the theater that night are future MDA trainees keeping the sheep safe. May return but will certainly be with my CCW and a bright flashlight.

We do have signage poster that indicates weapons are not allowed in the theatre. We understand that all our guests are not happy with this decision, but it is our intention to make our guests as comfortable as possible. We shouldn't be checking purses as you had mentioned and I will instruct our management team of proper procedures, but we always check backpacks, large bags, briefcases or something large enough that would raise suspicion. We certainly do not check bags hoping to find store bought snacks and although we do not allow outside food or beverages we are not going to confiscate them unless they are visible.

Top Bottom