• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    THIS IS A GUN BOARD. GUNS IS THE NUMBER ONE ISSUE HERE.

A vote for Obama was a vote for gun control, and everyone of us knows it.

You don't speak for every one of us.

-Paul

Edit: A vote for Romney was also a vote for gun control...that tree sways the direction of the prevailing winds.

copperhead-1911

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2013
    New Castle

-Paul

Edit: A vote for Romney was also a vote for gun control...that tree sways the direction of the prevailing winds.

He speaks for a majority of gun enthusiests though. I agree about Romeny, ,but out of the two I think he would pull less with our rights than Obama. I will go further and wonder how anyone could vote for Obama and say they love america.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN

-Paul

Most people who frequent a gun board tend to vote against gun control, and see it is a very important issue. Sorry if that doesn't describe you.

I didn't vote for Romney, either. I, along with about 1% of the voters, voted against gun control.

Last edited:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Obama is the best friend gun owners have ever had in the White House... or so I have read on this board before. It looks like it is still believed here.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Don't even try it. He may be young, but he is right. Ronald Reagan was a New Deal Democrat who created the appearance of changing sides when he went on TV pretending to be a cowboy for GE. I am proud that I was not only eligible but refused to vote for someone who was nothing but "good hair". Reagan was the textbook CINO. This isn't "revisionist history", but the actual truth. Did he have one or two good ideas? Yes. Was he the mold from which many Republicans were formed? Certainly. Was he the Saint of Conservatism? Not even close.

Strange how two folks who lived through the same time period can have seen the same events and gotten radically different views of them. Reagan was primarily popular because, as has been said upthread, he made us proud to be Americans again. He made mistakes, but he pretty much stuck to his beliefs and sold them to the American people wholesale, despite never having political control of Congress and Congress' rabid opposition to many of his policies. I don't particularly care if Reagan started out a "New Deal Democrat" or not, that isn't what he advocated when he ran for President and that isn't the way he governed after he was elected. I'm not certain what some of you purists consider "Conservatism;" perhaps in your view I am not "Conservative" enough, but I do know that Reagan advocated for individual freedom and what I understood to be "good, old-fashioned American values" - and communicated his advocacy of those values effectively enough that he won both of his elections by landslides. The country has skidded far, far left as a result of the subversion of our culture by the Education Mafia, the Entertainment Mafia, and the Main Stream Media as well as their willing allies, the Communist and Democrat Parties. I don't know if we're going to recover, but if we don't, it will be because we weren't smart enough to emulate Reagan's philosophy and insist that the Republican Party do the same.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    Strange how two folks who lived through the same time period can have seen the same events and gotten radically different views of them. Reagan was primarily popular because, as has been said upthread, he made us proud to be Americans again. He made mistakes, but he pretty much stuck to his beliefs and sold them to the American people wholesale, despite never having political control of Congress and Congress' rabid opposition to many of his policies. I don't particularly care if Reagan started out a "New Deal Democrat" or not, that isn't what he advocated when he ran for President and that isn't the way he governed after he was elected. I'm not certain what some of you purists consider "Conservatism;" perhaps in your view I am not "Conservative" enough, but I do know that Reagan advocated for individual freedom and what I understood to be "good, old-fashioned American values" - and communicated his advocacy of those values effectively enough that he won both of his elections by landslides. The country has skidded far, far left as a result of the subversion of our culture by the Education Mafia, the Entertainment Mafia, and the Main Stream Media as well as their willing allies, the Communist and Democrat Parties. I don't know if we're going to recover, but if we don't, it will be because we weren't smart enough to emulate Reagan's philosophy and insist that the Republican Party do the same.

He's right. Why don't more people point out that the Democrat and Communist party are working hand in hand these days? This is the exact opposite of what Ronald Reagan believed in. He fought communism. Now we've become a nation led by communist wannabes.

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    I don't know where you guys come up with the "...GOP took a hard turn to the right..." but it's simply not true. I was a Republican from Reagan on through Bush Jr., and I can tell you this: Both parties have taken a hard turn to the left. Today's Republican makes Ronald Reagan look like Edmund Burke, and today's Democrat makes FDR look like Milton Friedman. The GOP took a turn toward religion, but that's not a turn to the right. That's a turn to religion. And before you say religion=right wing, a lot of evangelicals, and religious people support welfare, medicare/medicaid, social security, Obamacare, gun control, etc., but they're against legalization of weed, gay marriage, and they want religion taught in public schools. That's not right wing, that's not left wing. That's religion-wing.

We need some Bastiat-esque and Mises-esque candidates. Unfortunately, that sort of person often realizes the futility of working within the system and thus don't bother.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    We need some Bastiat-esque and Mises-esque candidates. Unfortunately, that sort of person often realizes the futility of working within the system and thus don't bother.

It's not working within the system that's really the problem. They can't even get that far. The real problem here is this: everybody learned in college that Keynesian economic theory is the best way to go.

Spend your way to prosperity, borrow your way out of debt. It's become the American way.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    He's right. Why don't more people point out that the Democrat and Communist party are working hand in hand these days? This is the exact opposite of what Ronald Reagan believed in. He fought communism. Now we've become a nation led by communist wannabes.

Because when people do that they get belittled by pop culture.

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    It's not working within the system that's really the problem. They can't even get that far. The real problem here is this: everybody learned in college that Keynesian economic theory is the best way to go.

Spend your way to prosperity, borrow your way out of debt. It's become the American way.

John Maynard Keynes: may he burn in Hell for a long time.

Dauvis

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2013
    Morgan county

I'm not sure what is in the higher level courses but I can say that is not what is taught in the classes I took.

JasonB

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2013
    Pittsboro, IN
    First they drove the voters away, then the activists. Now they're driving their own politicians away from the party. A whole cadre are defecting due to the lost boys in D.C. Boehner and crew are really doing their best to kill themselves.

Republicans begin to defect - National Conservative | Examiner.com

Like it matters until either party wakes up and finds a viable solution to practice of simply printing more dollars for our Debt, within 20 years no one will recognize the United States... If our economic fall can be propped up and prolonged 1/2 that long it will be amazing...

Top Bottom